• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A joke I found amusing

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
Here it is. Just so I don't get accused of plagiarism, here's the link to it in its original context:

http://southern-orthodoxy.blogspot.com/2007/01/mitsos-dog.html

Mitsos lived above his restaurant with only his beloved pet dog for company. One day the dog died and Mitsos went to the parish priest and asked, "Father, my dog died. Could you do a Trisagion for the poor animal? He was like a son to me."

Father Nikos shook his head, "I'm afraid not; we cannot have services for an animal in the church. But, there's a Unitarian church on the next block, and God knows what they believe. Maybe they'll do something for your dog."

Mitsos said, "I'll go right away Father. Do you think $5,000 is enough to donate to them for the service?"

Father Niko exclaimed, "Kyrie Eleison, Mitso! Why didn't you tell me the dog was Greek Orthodox?"

Hope you like it.

James

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
JamesThePersian said:
Here it is. Just so I don't get accused of plagiarism, here's the link to it in its original context:

http://southern-orthodoxy.blogspot.com/2007/01/mitsos-dog.html

Mitsos lived above his restaurant with only his beloved pet dog for company. One day the dog died and Mitsos went to the parish priest and asked, "Father, my dog died. Could you do a Trisagion for the poor animal? He was like a son to me."

Father Nikos shook his head, "I'm afraid not; we cannot have services for an animal in the church. But, there's a Unitarian church on the next block, and God knows what they believe. Maybe they'll do something for your dog."

Mitsos said, "I'll go right away Father. Do you think $5,000 is enough to donate to them for the service?"

Father Niko exclaimed, "Kyrie Eleison, Mitso! Why didn't you tell me the dog was Greek Orthodox?"

Hope you like it.

James

hehe; I like it....:)

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
michel said:
hehe; I like it....:)

I'm glad. I have to admit that I had to look up what a Trisagion is. To me it's just a particular hymn (Holy God Holy Mighty Holy Immortal, have mercy on us) but apparently it's also used as the name for a short memorial service, which contains the hymn and is a shortened version the Parastas service (which I often help Father with by chanting and saying some of the prayers) in which we pray for the dead. This is in itself a shorter version of the funeral service. Just thought that that might make things a little clearer, though I doubt you need the details to appreciate the humour (which seems accurate to me, and very Greek)

James