• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A huge problem with the JW religion:

kjw47

There's a difference between judging a person versus judging the actions ("fruits", as Jesus called them) of a person. What @kjw47 persistently does is the former, which is a reflection of the long-standing J.W. approach.

As Christians, we are told to deal with behavior not conducive to what Jesus taught, and this is clear in the gospel accounts whereas Jesus admonishes such behavior himself. Paul does much the same with some in the flock, but Paul does not judge the entire person, including himself.

To insist, as kjw47 has repeatedly done, that one "does not recognize the truth" and "does not listen to Jesus" are blanket condemnations that goes well beyond just dealing with specific breaches of Jesus' teachings.

It would be like me saying to you that "You are demonic", which is quite judgmental, right? :D

I state FACT. I do not judge. Learn the difference. Its FACT--99% claiming to be a follower of Jesus--DO NOT KNOW HIM OR WHAT HE ACTUALLY TEACHES. I attended different trinity based religions--not ONE teach what Jesus teaches correctly. They tickle ears with lies. They tell those who do not know what Jesus teaches--you are saved or born again--even though they practice sin daily and partake off the table of demons as well. Because those are blind guides. And ALL listening to them will hear these words from Jesus as their judgement-Matt 7:21-23--- Those will not listen to Jesus words over those teachers--So I show them facts. The bible is a two edged sword--One must learn it all.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Only myth to those ruled by darkness
No, only those ruled by darkness believe the myth. Education is the light. Are you ready to see the light or will your fear keep you worshipping the darkness?

You can learn. You are clearly not a fool. Though worshipping the darkness can make one look like a fool. Would you like to know how we know them to be myths?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I attended different trinity based religions--not ONE teach what Jesus teaches correctly.
Logically, in order for one to supposedly know the above they would literally have to have been at Jesus' side to see for themselves what actually took place versus different people's takes on what supposedly took place. With real estate, the value of a house is more based in "location, location, location", but with serious theology it's more based on "interpretation, interpretation, interpretation".

Therefore, for you to claim that you know all that "Jesus teaches correctly" is arrogance matched with ignorance. Yes, there many things found in the scriptures that we can be quite sure of, but the exact relationship between God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit is not one of them because even the early Church struggled with this. Yes, they believed that Jesus and the Holy Spirit were of God in some way, but the exact "way" is not clear.

You're not omniscient, kjw47, so maybe it's time to try and look at things at least somewhat objectively.

kjw47

No, only those ruled by darkness believe the myth. Education is the light. Are you ready to see the light or will your fear keep you worshipping the darkness?

You can learn. You are clearly not a fool. Though worshipping the darkness can make one look like a fool. Would you like to know how we know them to be myths?

Not by studying. By listening to the darkness of mortal thoughts.

kjw47

Logically, in order for one to supposedly know the above they would literally have to have been at Jesus' side to see for themselves what actually took place versus different people's takes on what supposedly took place. With real estate, the value of a house is more based in "location, location, location", but with serious theology it's more based on "interpretation, interpretation, interpretation".

Therefore, for you to claim that you know all that "Jesus teaches correctly" is arrogance matched with ignorance. Yes, there many things found in the scriptures that we can be quite sure of, but the exact relationship between God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit is not one of them because even the early Church struggled with this. Yes, they believed that Jesus and the Holy Spirit were of God in some way, but the exact "way" is not clear.

You're not omniscient, kjw47, so maybe it's time to try and look at things at least somewhat objectively.

Actually its called--Faith, not arrogance. Jesus is 100% clear--He has a God like we do( John 20:17, Rev 3:12--And its 100% fact--- God does not have a God. They should have believed Jesus over the darkness that came out of Rome in the 2nd century.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Actually its called--Faith, not arrogance. Jesus is 100% clear--He has a God like we do( John 20:17, Rev 3:12--And its 100% fact--- God does not have a God. They should have believed Jesus over the darkness that came out of Rome in the 2nd century.
"Faith" leads to all sorts of false beliefs. Do you think that Muslims don't have faith? Do you think that Hindus have no faith? There is no substantial difference between their "faith" and yours.

kjw47

The only darkness in "mortal thoughts" are ones that you put there.

Why are you afraid to learn? Only the weak in faith have that sort of fear.

I believe Jesus-- Matthew 6:33--Therefore, keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his ( YHVH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality) Matt 6

kjw47

"Faith" leads to all sorts of false beliefs. Do you think that Muslims don't have faith? Do you think that Hindus have no faith? There is no substantial difference between their "faith" and yours.

I have the teachings of Jesus to back my faith.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
1 Cor. 5:11, 13; Ro. 16:17, 18; 2 Thess. 3:14, 15; 2 John 9-11; NASB.
I don’t see what any of these references has to do with someone’s decision to leave the JWs. Sounds like you’re twisting texts and circumstances to me. Is everyone who leaves sexually immoral, or a slanderer? Are they “evil” just because they’ve discovered that the JWs are “not for them?”

sojourner

In the end--Gods way is the only way that counts--every other way-loses.
Yes, God accepts 0 sin. One cannot be moral if they accept the opposite.
“God’s way” doesn’t include abuse. If its abusive — not matter what one thinks “the Bible says” — it’s not “God’s way.”

sojourner

His family is not handing out eternal life, God is--We all choose our path.99% have chosen in error, by their false reasonings.
Anyone who is loving justice, showing mercy, loving unconditionally and practicing kindness and forgiveness is participating in eternal life. I’d say the family did a pretty good job of that. Sounds to me as if the JWs are part of the 99% in this case.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I believe Jesus-- Matthew 6:33--Therefore, keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his ( YHVH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality) Matt 6
Fine, believe that if you want to. But that does not mean that the Bible is proven true, especially when so many parts of it have been proven false. A all or nothing interpretation of the Bible leads only to refutation. A wise Christian realizes that some parts are not meant to be read literally.