• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A huge problem with the JW religion:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
What kind of question is that?

I replied to a JW cult follower, that in itself explains "to what end" they would lie to him.

Although the same applies to ALL man made religions, as their sole purpose is to insert themselves in between man and God, so that gullible people look to MAN for answers, instead of God. And they do this to self-aggrandize themselves, money, control and power over others, with nothing truly spiritual to offer, just fancy meaningless words and empty rituals.
I disagree.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
What kind of question is that?

I replied to a JW cult follower, that in itself explains "to what end" they would lie to him.

Although the same applies to ALL man made religions, as their sole purpose is to insert themselves in between man and God, so that gullible people look to MAN for answers, instead of God. And they do this to self-aggrandize themselves, money, control and power over others, with nothing truly spiritual to offer, just fancy meaningless words and empty rituals.

I disagree.

Could you at least present SOMETHING to support that statement. If you disagree with my statement, show me something as to why you disagree. Otherwise it's kind of a waste of your time just writing "I disagree" with no attempt to change my mind, as I'm hardly going to change my belief without some facts to consider.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
It may even be something Nazis and Fascists do given they are often tight clandestine groups as well, but I don't know off hand.
They do. Not only for loyalty reasons but practical ones, as well, since those groups are full of informants.

sojourner

Could you at least present SOMETHING to support that statement. If you disagree with my statement, show me something as to why you disagree. Otherwise it's kind of a waste of your time just writing "I disagree" with no attempt to change my mind, as I'm hardly going to change my belief without some facts to consider.
Since all religions are “man-made,” perhaps you could provide evidence as to how religion is not all about searching for God. You made the accusation. The burden of proof is on you. So far, all you’ve given is opinion. Otherwise, it’s sort of a waste of your time just writing your opinion with no attempt to change my mind.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
Since all religions are “man-made,” perhaps you could provide evidence as to how religion is not all about searching for God. You made the accusation. The burden of proof is on you. So far, all you’ve given is opinion. Otherwise, it’s sort of a waste of your time just writing your opinion with no attempt to change my mind.

Now my statement was:

"I replied to a JW cult follower, that in itself explains "to what end" they would lie to him.

Although the same applies to ALL man made religions, as their sole purpose is to insert themselves in between man and God, so that gullible people look to MAN for answers, instead of God. And they do this to self-aggrandize themselves, money, control and power over others, with nothing truly spiritual to offer, just fancy meaningless words and empty rituals."

So if you disagree with this, in a forum it's up to YOU to present your case against my statement.

My statement was pretty straight forward, so you should be able to understand it.

sojourner

Now my statement was:

"I replied to a JW cult follower, that in itself explains "to what end" they would lie to him.

Although the same applies to ALL man made religions, as their sole purpose is to insert themselves in between man and God, so that gullible people look to MAN for answers, instead of God. And they do this to self-aggrandize themselves, money, control and power over others, with nothing truly spiritual to offer, just fancy meaningless words and empty rituals."

So if you disagree with this, in a forum it's up to YOU to present your case against my statement.

My statement was pretty straight forward, so you should be able to understand it.
It’s up to you to prove your statement. Prove that all religions do these things for these reasons. You don’t get to just claim that your allegations are true. You have to provide evidence that they’re true. You haven’t done that. All you’ve done is say, “I opine that ....” Therefore, my response is, “I disagree with that opinion.” If you want a better response, then provide a better case. Put forward your evidence and I’ll debate that evidence.

Last edited:

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
It’s up to you to prove your statement. Prove that all religions do these things for these reasons. You don’t get to just claim that your allegations are true. You have to provide evidence that they’re true. You haven’t done that. All you’ve done is say, “I opine that ....” Therefore, my response is, “I disagree with that opinion.” If you want a better response, then provide a better case. Put forward your evidence and I’ll debate that evidence.

I disagree.