• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A guaranteed 2nd coming

Abram

Abraham
So as Christians we are to expect the second coming of Christ. It will be soon! Yet we've been waiting for 2000 years, where are you Lord?

I think he tells us this to keep us from putting off the Lord and doing what we know is right. Also though when we pass(die) from here(earth) our next step is to encounter God/Christ (same or sitting side by side.) So the second coming can come in 2 forms. His arrival (horses and all) or our death. As we all know death can happen unexpected in 1000's of ways. So if you are a Christian you'll experience the second coming and I can guarantee it will happen in less then a 100 years.

So the end is near and the truth of this is sobering. The whole time we waited asking why has he not came yet? He may have and does every second someone dies. He might be knoking at your door right now...

Repent for the end is near!!!! ;)

Abram said:
So as Christians we are to expect the second coming of Christ. It will be soon! Yet we've been waiting for 2000 years, where are you Lord?

I think he tells us this to keep us from putting off the Lord and doing what we know is right. Also though when we pass(die) from here(earth) our next step is to encounter God/Christ (same or sitting side by side.) So the second coming can come in 2 forms. His arrival (horses and all) or our death. As we all know death can happen unexpected in 1000's of ways. So if you are a Christian you'll experience the second coming and I can guarantee it will happen in less then a 100 years.

So the end is near and the truth of this is sobering. The whole time we waited asking why has he not came yet? He may have and does every second someone dies. He might be knoking at your door right now...

"knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us,not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up." 2 Peter 3:3-10

FerventGodSeeker

joeboonda

I believe wheter we die and are immediately 'absent from the body and present with the Lord', or we make it to the Rapture and meet the Lord in the Air, or are one of the many saved during the Great Tribulation, and see the 2nd Coming, etc. that one thing is true, however one interprets endtime doctrine, and that is Christ is Coming Again, Haleluiah!

Booko

Deviled Hen
Abram said:

He said he would come like a thief in the night. Maybe you were asleep while He was burgling the house?

Booko

Deviled Hen
joeboonda said:
Its in the Christianity section, but I don't care if you post :)

But it's in discuss, not debate, which is good to remember. Thanks for asking that Buttons, or I would've forgetten to check which one it was. :)

Booko said:
He said he would come like a thief in the night. Maybe you were asleep while He was burgling the house?
I doubt it, since in the same passage it says that the heavens will pass away with a great noise and the earth will be burned up...I'm a deep sleeper, and I don't think even I could sleep throught that! :D :no:

FerventGodSeeker

Aqualung

Tasty
FerventGodSeeker said:
I doubt it, since in the same passage it says that the heavens will pass away with a great noise and the earth will be burned up...I'm a deep sleeper, and I don't think even I could sleep throught that! :D :no:

FerventGodSeeker
It's a very stealthy Great Noise and Passing Away.

lunamoth

Will to love
Booko said:

Now Booko. You know that with respect to Christianity you would be referring to the third coming, rather than the second. Details, details...