• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A ground-zero position when talking about the Bible

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
................ Yeshua's message was than no "brother" was above another (Matthew 23:9), and call no one "teacher".

I find at Matthew 23:9 it says: do Not call (as a title) anyone Father.... ( yes, all are brothers )
( KJV uses ' Master' instead of Teacher at Matthew 23:8; Matthew 23:10 )
At Matthew 23:8 it says.... for one is your Teacher, and all of you are brothers. (Matthew 12:50)
That one Teacher is: Christ Jesus ^ according to John 13:13.
False teachers are like the Pharisees who teach commands of men as doctrine - Matthew 15:9; Mark 7:10-13

101G

No, the "Logos" refers to Christ, the second Person of the Trinity, not written words in scripture: Logos (Christianity) - Wikipedia
First thanks for the reply, second, we will get right to the point.... is not Christ Flesh, bone and Blood while on Earth, (see John 1:14)? the outward man, correct? but God is Spirit, and in John 1:1c it states, "and the Word was God". is God Flesh? or is God a Spirit? .... see your mistake now.

and as for your Second person , who we just mention, is he not God the "LORD" all caps. listen, question, "Who MADE ALL THINGS?" let the bible answer that. Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;" now this, John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." so exchemist is this the same person "WHO MADE" all things? if not you have two creators. and that's anti-Bible
PICJAG. 101G.

exchemist

Veteran Member
First thanks for the reply, second, we will get right to the point.... is not Christ Flesh, bone and Blood while on Earth, (see John 1:14)? the outward man, correct? but God is Spirit, and in John 1:1c it states, "and the Word was God". is God Flesh? or is God a Spirit? .... see your mistake now.

and as for your Second person , who we just mention, is he not God the "LORD" all caps. listen, question, "Who MADE ALL THINGS?" let the bible answer that. Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;" now this, John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." so exchemist is this the same person "WHO MADE" all things? if not you have two creators. and that's anti-Bible
PICJAG. 101G.
I see no mistake on my part, seeing as what I am saying is merely what mainstream theologians have said for the last two millennia.

101G

Been there, done that, and ironically reading the Bible--actually reading it instead of looking at what the Pastor said to read--during a crises of faith that lead to me seeing Jehovah in a whole new way. I didn't see the love, mercy, and forgiveness. Instead I saw heinous cruelty, extreme violence, anger and wrath, absolutely nothing I could in good conscience continue to worship.
first thanks for the reply, second, are you sure about that? lets check the record, Romans 3:21 "But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;" Romans 3:22 "Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:" Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Romans 3:24 "Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:" Romans 3:25 "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;" Romans 3:26 "To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus."
well now, without God Grace, and his MERCY, we all would be doomed to total destruction, "For all have sinned". so I suggest you take another look at God, in his Grace, and Mercy.

Now, as for reading the bible, ye have not because ye ask not. but ask in faith. ok... also study to show yourself approved unto God.... and studying is not to learn God, but to to show God that you're intrested in his Word. and when he see that he will reveal himself unto you. see, when it comes to God, it's not all about smarts, but REVELATION.
]PICJAG, 101G.

101G

I see no mistake on my part, seeing as what I am saying is merely what mainstream theologians have said for the last two millennia.
have you consider that mainstream theologians could be in ERROR. well just answer the Question, "Who made all things?" .... was it the LORD, (Isaiah 44:24), whom many calls the Father, or was it the Lord, (John 1:3), the Word, whom many calls the Son. this will let you know if mainstream theologians are correct.
PICJAG, 101G.

exchemist

Veteran Member
have you consider that mainstream theologians could be in ERROR. well just answer the Question, "Who made all things?" .... was it the LORD, (Isaiah 44:24), whom many calls the Father, or was it the Lord, (John 1:3), the Word, whom many calls the Son. this will let you know if mainstream theologians are correct.
PICJAG, 101G.
I certainly trust the mainstream theologians over the last two millennia in preference to some unknown person on the internet, who communicates in the riot of fonts and colours I have come to associate with cranks. :D But thank you for dropping this style of communication in your latest post.

To your question, God the Father is normally associated with creation and God the Son with God as redeemer of mankind, i.e. Jesus. This is what the various creeds have said for over a thousand years. And you think they are all wrong, apparently.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
first thanks for the reply, second, are you sure about that? lets check the record, Romans 3:21 "But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;" Romans 3:22 "Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:" Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Romans 3:24 "Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:" Romans 3:25 "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;" Romans 3:26 "To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus."
well now, without God Grace, and his MERCY, we all would be doomed to total destruction, "For all have sinned". so I suggest you take another look at God, in his Grace, and Mercy.

Now, as for reading the bible, ye have not because ye ask not. but ask in faith. ok... also study to show yourself approved unto God.... and studying is not to learn God, but to to show God that you're intrested in his Word. and when he see that he will reveal himself unto you. see, when it comes to God, it's not all about smarts, but REVELATION.
]PICJAG, 101G.
Why would I give a damn about Jehovah's approval? I left him 20 years ago and have no intentions or desires to go back.

101G

I certainly trust the mainstream theologians over the last two millennia in preference to some unknown person on the internet, who communicates in the riot of fonts and colours I have come to associate with cranks. :D But thank you for dropping this style of communication in your latest post.

To your question, God the Father is normally associated with creation and God the Son with God as redeemer of mankind, i.e. Jesus. This is what the various creeds have said for over a thousand years. And you think they are all wrong, apparently.
well then do you deny John 1:3 as to who made all things? yes or no
PICJAG, 101G.

101G

Why would I give a damn about Jehovah's approval? I left him 20 years ago and have no intentions or desires to go back.
well I was not speaking of any Jehovah. I was speaking of the Lord Jesus, which I do give a D??. excuse the expression you used.
PICJAG, 101G.

exchemist

Veteran Member
well then do you deny John 1:3 as to who made all things? yes or no
PICJAG, 101G.
Obviously no. But one needs to understand what the Logos signifies. It's quite subtle and I don't profess to be an expert. But let me try.

Creation is said to have been brought into being by the Word of God, as stated in Genesis: "God said Let there be light", etc.

St. John thus identifies God the Son with a deep principle of God in action, in being from the beginning and later incarnate in the human person of Jesus.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
well I was not speaking of any Jehovah. I was speaking of the Lord Jesus, which I do give a D??. excuse the expression you used.
PICJAG, 101G.
You was speaking of Jehovah, the Latinized name of the God of Abraham. Why should I care about either? The bloodthirsty tyrant father and his my way or the highway son, evicting them from my heart and plucking myself from Jesus' flock are among the best things I've done. And my renouncing Jehovah and scorning him, according to an article I read awhile ago, it was a piece of a larger trend of teens and young adults around the turn of the millennium who helped to jump start the trend of Millenials and Gen Z leaving the church in droves. I am proud of that and consider it a service to humanity and doing my part to leave the world a little better than it was when I came into it.
Being brought up to lead people to Jehovah and his son but ending up leading people away from them? Ave Satanas!

101G

Obviously no. But one needs to understand what the Logos signifies. It's quite subtle and I don't profess to be an expert. But let me try.

Creation is said to have been brought into being by the Word of God, as stated in Genesis: "God said Let there be light", etc.

St. John thus identifies God the Son with a deep principle of God in action, in being from the beginning and later incarnate in the human person of Jesus.
did not John 1:1c states, "and the Word was God?".
so what's the problem?
PICJAG, 101G.

101G

You was speaking of Jehovah, the Latinized name of the God of Abraham. Why should I care about either? The bloodthirsty tyrant father and his my way or the highway son, evicting them from my heart and plucking myself from Jesus' flock are among the best things I've done. And my renouncing Jehovah and scorning him, according to an article I read awhile ago, it was a piece of a larger trend of teens and young adults around the turn of the millennium who helped to jump start the trend of Millenials and Gen Z leaving the church in droves. I am proud of that and consider it a service to humanity and doing my part to leave the world a little better than it was when I came into it.
Being brought up to lead people to Jehovah and his son but ending up leading people away from them? Ave Satanas!

your first or second or third ERROR of the Day. "The bloodthirsty tyrant father and his my way or the highway son, evicting them from my heart and plucking myself from Jesus' flock are among the best things I've done", well how can the pot call the kettle, (bloodthirsty), when false doctrine of men have filled billions over, and God stilled reached out to save them. so keep your wig on mr. or mrs. sinner. before we call God on the carpet, one might neede to know the TRUTH first. Jehovah, the Latinized name of the God of Abraham, is a LIE. it was put in by the translators. lets prove it out.... you said, "the God of Abraham", well lets see if this is TRUE. Exodus 6:3 "And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them." how do we know that Jehovah is a false name.

evidence #1. Exodus 6:3 come after Genesis, correct. listen, Genesis 22:14 "And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen." did God lie, (God forbid), when he said Abraham did not know him by the name Jehovah? no God did not Lie, he said Abraham knew him by "God ALMIGHTY", which is correct. so why do Abraham have Jehovah in his mouth in Genesis? answer in what you said, the "Latinized name of the God of Abraham", which is an ERROR
Evidence #2. the False Name: understand, a name is an Identifier, as to what and, or who you are. we need to clarify the "Truth". Now the question is, what is God proper/PERSONAL name. is it Jehovah, English or Yahweh, in Hebrew. well it's neither, Jehovah, nor Yahweh. lets see how they derived those names from the tetragrammaton. The word "JEHOVAH" was formed by merging the three vowels (e, o, and a) into the Romanized (Latinized) four letter version JHVH to get, JeHoVaH. and the word "YAHWEH" was formed by merging the vowels (a, and e), into the four letter version to get, YaHWeH. so we have the English man made, and the Hebrew man made form of God's supposed unpronounced name. here is the mistake. they, (the translator), made, they added vowels to the four letter consonant, to make up a name to pronounce. one can never add or take away from the WORD of God. they added vowels to give God a personal name, because they knew that YHWH is a verb, read that again, they knew that YHWH is a verb, and not a noun. and because the suppose name was lost, which the Jews said was forbidden to pronounce, they made a guess at the name where pointers should be. this was a grave mistake on their part. when you add to the word of God you just put the spiritual noose around your neck. arbitrarily, the translators injected the vowels into the four letter consonant to come up with the names, "YaHWeH", and, "JeHoVaH",

underastand, YHWH is a VERB, which shows action, as to "WHAT" you are in name.... as in God, he is the "ALMIGHTY", just as he said in Exodus 6:3. JESUS is the proper name, of "WHO" God is in Name..... see the differenc in "WHAT" and "WHO" in a name.
the Name "JESUS" is not a translation of the Henrew "Yeshua", but a transliteration of it. for the Name JESUS is the Strong's # is (H3442),
it is written Yod-Shin-Vav-Ayin, it is a masculine noun that means, "He is salvation" or "He saves”. for only God SAVES. H3442 יֵשׁוַּע Yeshuwa` (yay-shoo'-ah) n/l.
1. he will save.
2. Jeshua, the name of ten Israelites, also of a place in Israel.
[for H3091]
KJV: Jeshua.

so God's proper name as to "WHO" he is is not Jehovah. I AM THAT I AM is a verb, and not a NOUN, I AM THAT I AM identifies "WHAT" not "WHO" God is in Name... so please get the name right First... ok.
]PICJAG, 101G.

101G

Search me. You are the one who seems to think there is a problem somewhere.
I did search you, listen, he who created "ALL THINGS" in Isaiah 44:24 is "JESUS", God in Flesh at John 1:3. meaning that there is no second or third person.... see the problem NOW.
PICJAG, 101G.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
your first or second or third ERROR of the Day. "The bloodthirsty tyrant father and his my way or the highway son, evicting them from my heart and plucking myself from Jesus' flock are among the best things I've done", well how can the pot call the kettle, (bloodthirsty), when false doctrine of men have filled billions over, and God stilled reached out to save them. so keep your wig on mr. or mrs. sinner. before we call God on the carpet, one might neede to know the TRUTH first. Jehovah, the Latinized name of the God of Abraham, is a LIE. it was put in by the translators. lets prove it out.... you said, "the God of Abraham", well lets see if this is TRUE. Exodus 6:3 "And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them." how do we know that Jehovah is a false name.
Jehovah is the Latinized name of the Hebrew name of Yahweh. It's not a lie, it's the name the Romans had because they spoke Latin, not Hebrew. And of course the Hebrews didn't know Yahweh as Jehovah because Rome and Latin weren't around yet and they spoke Hebrew. And most translations don't use the Latinized Jehovah; most use the Lord, with a few having Yahweh. And what that text means is he revealed himself to those listed but he kept his true identity/name hidden and didn't tell them he is the Lord (more proper Judaism than God or Yahweh).
Yahweh | YHWH, Adonai, Elohim, Meaning, & Facts
After the Babylonian Exile (6th century bce), and especially from the 3rd century bce on, Jews ceased to use the name Yahweh for two reasons. As Judaism became a universal rather than merely a local religion, the more common Hebrew noun Elohim (plural in form but understood in the singular), meaning “God,” tended to replace Yahweh to demonstrate the universal sovereignty of Israel’s God over all others. At the same time, the divine name was increasingly regarded as too sacred to be uttered; it was thus replaced vocally in the synagogue ritual by the Hebrew word Adonai (“My Lord”), which was translated as Kyrios (“Lord”) in the Septuagint, the Greek version of the Hebrew Scriptures.
Although Christian scholars after the Renaissance and Reformation periods used the term Jehovah for YHWH, in the 19th and 20th centuries biblical scholars again began to use the form Yahweh. Early Christian writers, such as St. Clement of Alexandria in the 2nd century, had used a form like Yahweh, and this pronunciation of the tetragrammaton was never really lost. Many Greek transcriptions also indicated that YHWH should be pronounced Yahweh.
And I'm not bloodthirsty. And I loathe and detest violence and it doesn't take much before it upsets me. I don't care what people do so long as they aren't harming anyone who isn't their own self. Even actual laws of the state, if it doesn't produce a victim I don't care. I am not the pot calling the kettle black. I am someone who owns up to my own mistakes and wrong doings. Abraham's god does not. He'll kill 99.99999% of all life and call it righteous and not do a damn thing about the conditions and circumstances that lead to this genocide. He said he woul
your first or second or third ERROR of the Day. "The bloodthirsty tyrant father and his my way or the highway son, evicting them from my heart and plucking myself from Jesus' flock are among the best things I've done",
There are no errors there. Abraham's God is extremely violent and cruel and he demands total obedience and submission. Jesus affirms this idea of obedience and submission or else. Plucking myself from his flock is truthfully one of the best things I have ever done.

101G

Jehovah is the Latinized name of the Hebrew name of Yahweh. It's not a lie, it's the name the Romans had because they spoke Latin, not Hebrew. And of course the Hebrews didn't know Yahweh as Jehovah because Rome and Latin weren't around yet and they spoke Hebrew. And most translations don't use the Latinized Jehovah; most use the Lord, with a few having Yahweh. And what that text means is he revealed himself to those listed but he kept his true identity/name hidden and didn't tell them he is the Lord (more proper Judaism than God or Yahweh).
Yahweh | YHWH, Adonai, Elohim, Meaning, & Facts

And I'm not bloodthirsty. And I loathe and detest violence and it doesn't take much before it upsets me. I don't care what people do so long as they aren't harming anyone who isn't their own self. Even actual laws of the state, if it doesn't produce a victim I don't care. I am not the pot calling the kettle black. I am someone who owns up to my own mistakes and wrong doings. Abraham's god does not. He'll kill 99.99999% of all life and call it righteous and not do a damn thing about the conditions and circumstances that lead to this genocide. He said he woul

There are no errors there. Abraham's God is extremely violent and cruel and he demands total obedience and submission. Jesus affirms this idea of obedience and submission or else. Plucking myself from his flock is truthfully one of the best things I have ever done.
first thanks for the reply, second, You ERROR, translation and transliteration are proper. and Hebrew didn't know English either. that's a bad excuse, you should have came up with something better than that

and you said, "And I'm not bloodthirsty", is that in a physical sense, or the more deadest of them all, in a spiritual sense? are you sure you're not bloodthirsty? have you ever sinned? ... yes, have you ever cause someone else to sin? or sinned on someone, as for eample a "LIE"... yes. well one can KILL with the tongue, and could cause Natural death also, but most ofern spiritual death. example, as in misleading people astray, intenional or not.

also his Name is not HIDDEN, scripture, this is God, (the Father), speaking, Acts 9:1 "And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest," Acts 9:2 "And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem." Acts 9:3 "And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:" Acts 9:4 "And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?" Acts 9:5 "And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks."

"JESUS" is a new name, Revelation 3:12 "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name."
even John the writer of Revelation didn't know the Name "Jesus". not in Hebrew, but the Name was to Come.... when, Greek, and latin, and in these end time ... "the English Language".

and you said, "There are no errors there. Abraham's God is extremely violent and cruel and he demands total obedience and submission". if so, why he keep saving people who obey him. and two is he not the sovereign Creator? and as for violence just read Genesis chapter 6, was it not man who is violent? so God was suppose to roll over and die? no, he's a rightious JUDGE. and it seems that man only knows violent, so what better way to meet violance .... righteously, meaning according to the Law. you break the Law you pay the consequence for ... YOUR ... actions.

as said, before you call God on the carpet you better be in a safe zone.
PICJAG, 101G.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
did not John 1:1c states, "and the Word was God?".
so what's the problem?
PICJAG, 101G.

I find at Acts of the Apostles 28:6 B the letter 'a' is inserted before the word god.
The same Greek grammar rule applies to John 1 but translators omit the 'a' at John 1 about pre-human Jesus.
Jesus did Not send himself to Earth, but his God sent His Son Jesus to Earth for us.
Psalms 90:2 informs us that God is from everlasting, meaning: No beginning or start for God.
John 1 informs us that per-human Jesus was "IN" the beginning, John does Not say ' before ' any beginning.
So, only God was ' before' the beginning of anything, whereas pre-human Jesus was Not before the beginning as his God was before the beginning of anything.
The resurrected Jesus said he was going to ascend (Not to himself ) but his God according to John 20:17 B.
Even the resurrected ascended-to-heaven Jesus still thinks he has a God over him - Revelation 3:12
Please notice to whom heavenly resurrected Jesus appears in front of according to Hebrews 9:24.

101G

I find at Acts of the Apostles 28:6 B the letter 'a' is inserted before the word god.
The same Greek grammar rule applies to John 1 but translators omit the 'a' at John 1 about pre-human Jesus.
Jesus did Not send himself to Earth, but his God sent His Son Jesus to Earth for us.
Psalms 90:2 informs us that God is from everlasting, meaning: No beginning or start for God.
John 1 informs us that per-human Jesus was "IN" the beginning, John does Not say ' before ' any beginning.
So, only God was ' before' the beginning of anything, whereas pre-human Jesus was Not before the beginning as his God was before the beginning of anything.
The resurrected Jesus said he was going to ascend (Not to himself ) but his God according to John 20:17 B.
Even the resurrected ascended-to-heaven Jesus still thinks he has a God over him - Revelation 3:12
Please notice to whom heavenly resurrected Jesus appears in front of according to Hebrews 9:24.

Thanks for the reply, Acts 28:6 have not the definite Article, as with the Lord Jesus in Hebrews 1:8. "a" god is not the TRUE, or any God at all, because Deuteronomy 32:39, makes it very clear. "See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand." for the Lord Jesus is "WITH" God in ordinal designation, because he is God, diversified in flesh, with blood. understand the Lord JESUS is "God" in the beginning, as the Ordinal First/LORD. the term "GOD" at Genesis 1:1, is H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem') which is the plural of H433 אֱלוֹהַּ 'elowahh (el-o'-ah). and this plurality is in TIME, PLACE, RANK, and ORDER as the term "beginning" relates.

so, as a plurality of First, and Last, JESUS, he's Father, (Spirit), "FIRST"/LORD, and Son, (Flesh), "LAST"/Lord, all this in "TIME", "PLACE", "RANK", and "ORDER". the key to understanding this plurality is found in Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:" and the definition of "ONE" is
H259 אֶחָד 'echad (ech-awd') adj.
1. (properly) united, i.e. one.
2. (as an ordinal) first.
[a numeral from H258]
KJV: a, alike, alone, altogether, and, any(-thing), apiece, a certain, (dai-)ly, each (one), + eleven, every, few, first, + highway, a man, once, one, only, other, some, together.
Root(s): H258

definition #2. is the correct answer to God's plurality, an ordinal First. in Genesis 1:1 God is the First and at John 1:1 he is the Last, the same person, only "Diversified"/Equally shared in Flesh.
and in the ECHAD, "JESUS" was in the beginning, (the Ordinal First), for he "CREATED" all things, per Isaiah 44:24, and John 1:3...... so can "a" god do that? NO, only the CREATOR of heaven and Earth.

PICJAG, 101G.
PS note, the John 1:1c in the original "god", is because he was in NATURAL Flesh, John 1:14, as a man, in a G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') state, per Philippians 2:6-8. NOTICE THE "WORD" WAS MADE FLESH. again per Philippians 2:6 -8.