• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Good Kid with a Gun

suncowiam

Yeah, it's dishonest but it certainly highlights the thinking of some. And some of them are already part of our government.

Ellen Brown

I was raised on a farm with a loaded shotgun standing at the door. I was very young, and it was very clear to me that I was not to touch that rifle. In those days, the 1950's parental discipline was quite severe and we all feared the strap. I tried especially hard to avoid it.

Now days, I think that America is less than a generation from doing exactly what Sacha Cohen is jokingly suggesting.

He just did something that got him in trouble with the UK police, I wonder what?

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...

Yeah, it's dishonest but it certainly highlights the thinking of some. And some of them are already part of our government.
I look forward to the Usual Suspects wailing and crying foul over Cohen's tactics, rather than, you know, acknowledging there might be a problem with gun culture.

Kangaroo Feathers

I was raised on a farm with a loaded shotgun standing at the door. I was very young, and it was very clear to me that I was not to touch that rifle. In those days, the 1950's parental discipline was quite severe and we all feared the strap. I tried especially hard to avoid it.

Now days, I think that America is less than a generation from doing exactly what Sacha Cohen is jokingly suggesting.

He just did something that got him in trouble with the UK police, I wonder what?
Leaving a loaded shotgun lying around has never been a good idea.

suncowiam

I would say that it was dangerous to leave a loaded shotgun near a kid. And just because you knew it was dangerous does not suggest all kids would know it would be dangerous.

Haven't we heard enough stories of kids accidentally killing others or themselves because they somehow got access to a loaded gun?

Ellen Brown

I would say that it was dangerous to leave a loaded shotgun near a kid. And just because you knew it was dangerous does not suggest all kids would know it would be dangerous.

Haven't we heard enough stories of kids accidentally killing others or themselves because they somehow got access to a loaded gun?

It was a different time then in the 1950's. I did everything I could to avoid being beaten.

Kangaroo Feathers

I was young in the 1950's and got no vote.
It wasn't a comment on you. But whatever year it is, leaving weapons loaded is a bad idea. Leaving them unsecured is a bad idea. People treating weapons without appropriate respect in such manner is a large part of how America has ended up with the gun culture it currently finds itself with. I grew up in the '80s. It too was a different time. We always had guns in the house, but you better believe they were never stored loaded nor anywhere they could be accessed by accident.

My grandfather always taught me "treat every gun as though it's loaded", and he was born in the '20s. I don't think gun safety is a recent notion.