• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A God Problem

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I feel the problem is that you have become SO convinced in your 'certitude', that you are unwilling to even CONSIDER the possibility that you could very well be WRONG.
That is what certitude is, knowing you are not wrong. But if you have any evidence that can DIS-prove Baha’u’llah, I am all ears. Then I could go off and sun myself upon a beach somewhere.
Just the simple fact that there could be and usually ARE unforseen repercussions resulting from some of our 'freely chosen' decisions/choices, puts a very intimidating damper on the notion that we really, honestly, and truly, have "freedom to choose"/"free will.
It is "conditional" at best...and even THEN, there are those 'unforseen repurcussions'.....due to our having "interfered" with someone ELSE's 'free will'.
How are the unforeseen repercussions related to whether we were free to choose?

We cannot interfere with someone else’s free will, only God can do that, because He can override any free will decision we might make.
If it is any consolation, I am glad to hear you NOT saying something like "the devil made me do it", or god told me not to do it, or something equally as foolish.
I would never say any of that. I am responsible for what I choose to do.
Yep! God is like that, ain't (He)?
Sometimes but not always… sometimes He answers His phone, but only if He wants to. God is kind of like my husband, He only does what He wants to do. :rolleyes: