• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A glimpse into the future. Automated police.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Well that puts a spanner in the works.

(Note: This is a test of transatlantic differences.)

Actually when I was in the US Navy about a hundred years ago we had a 'spanner' tool to loosen and tighten the nozzles on our fire fighting equipment. This tool was markedly different from what we call a 'wrench' in that it simply opened and closed to a specific size.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I think automated police would be great, as long as they cannot be hacked. They certainly wouldn't be able to be bribed so you wouldn't get corrupt cops. There also wouldn't be so must collateral damage. I think robots would be essential in order to eliminate crime as justly as possible because they are more accurate.
I'm pretty sure they can also rip your head off.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Remember ED-209?

My thoughts exactly. Sure, it's a movie, and movies make science look scary. But I've programmed stuff, Ive built a robot, stuff does go wrong, and inexplicable so, and sure in real life that thing may not have turned that guy into human swiss cheese, but it may have walked into and through who knows what, and going indefinitely until someone figures out something or it quits on its own. Thats still not a very great thing to be happening.
But there was also this problem.......

Just like the daleks, really. :D

I'd like to see how this robodog manages a flight of stairs, actually.
ust like the daleks, really. :D

I'd like to see how this robodog manages a flight of stairs, actually.
Stairs a problem for Daleks? Daleks are supreme!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Actually when I was in the US Navy about a hundred years ago we had a 'spanner' tool to loosen and tighten the nozzles on our fire fighting equipment. This tool was markedly different from what we call a 'wrench' in that it simply opened and closed to a specific size.
Nozzle.
Reminds me of....

Heyo

Veteran Member
"In two hundred yards, take the exit to the right." :cool:
40a183b523df00b50f619b17e3a2943e--apple-maps-apples.jpg

exchemist

Veteran Member
Would that be what in Britain is called an adjustable spanner, I wonder?

exchemist

Veteran Member
My thoughts exactly. Sure, it's a movie, and movies make science look scary. But I've programmed stuff, Ive built a robot, stuff does go wrong, and inexplicable so, and sure in real life that thing may not have turned that guy into human swiss cheese, but it may have walked into and through who knows what, and going indefinitely until someone figures out something or it quits on its own. Thats still not a very great thing to be happening.

Stairs a problem for Daleks? Daleks are supreme!

d6116f4b747454a3e8a44a914866b4b4.jpg