• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A German song with lyrics and on stage for those who like a nice song:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I wish I understood German. The German sub titles don't help. :( Its not speaking to me at all....nice tune though....

Grandliseur

I wish I understood German. The German sub titles don't help. :( Its not speaking to me at all....nice tune though....
Thank you for the post. Though I understand this song, I also love to listen to songs in any language. I have since childhood. I joked with my wife at the hospital that I know poorly many languages, English included. It's fun.

I don't know why, but at my age, I like to have subtitles even in English movies and songs. It makes it easier for me to grasp what is going on.

Grandliseur

Same with me. :) I often listen to world music.
My wife seems to need to understand the music to enjoy it. I go with anything that sounds good, Arabic, Russian, Chinese, etc.

But, I also like music in languages I know. This German song is pretty and I understand it.
Thanks for listening to it and letting me know.

I get a bit tired of the serious topics at times and just want to share nice things.

Grandliseur

I admit that I don't know either, but languages change, and I haven't used German where I am for decades. The usage gives it away though.

As I mentioned somewhere else, I am poor in many languages. :):) But, enjoy my poverty, even in English.

Jumi

My wife seems to need to understand the music to enjoy it. I go with anything that sounds good, Arabic, Russian, Chinese, etc.

But, I also like music in languages I know. This German song is pretty and I understand it.
Thanks for listening to it and letting me know.

I get a bit tired of the serious topics at times and just want to share nice things.
Ich spreche deutsch nicht so gut, but I also understood the lyrics of this song bar a few words...

I mostly don't like songs in my own language, modern music often has (to me) depressing themes like... I always prefer ones that either give a good feeling or are inspiring even if they're dark. :)

Grandliseur

Ich spreche deutsch nicht so gut, but I also understood the lyrics of this song bar a few words...

I mostly don't like songs in my own language, modern music often has (to me) depressing themes like... I always prefer ones that either give a good feeling or are inspiring even if they're dark. :)
I no longer have a mother tongue, or a country to which I feel I belong. My nearest country at the moment is Japan in terms of feeling at home. But, that is not a true feeling of belonging. So, I just feel human. I am most proficient in US English.

Here are two other songs I like:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That's pretty much where I'm at. I can kind of speak it, but I'm very slow to do so, and I'm told I sound very American. I can, however, understand Germany way better than I can speak it.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon

It speaks for itself.
Back in the '40s through the '60s, my dad taught German at a university. German was the most commonly learned foreign language among Americans back then, and I took enough classes to get a B.A. instead of a B.S. I got excellent grades in it, too, but was always too afraid of making mistakes to really try to speak it with native-German speakers. I was surprised at how much I understood (thanks to the subtitles). There was a lot I still didn't get, but it was fun to watch.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I don't know why, but at my age, I like to have subtitles even in English movies and songs. It makes it easier for me to grasp what is going on.
Me too. It's called getting old. If subtitles are available in English, I'll use them.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Me too. It's called getting old. If subtitles are available in English, I'll use them.

It is the ears that are the problem.
I got a wonderful pair of aids on the NHS that balance it all beautifully. The audiologist was a young Indian girl not much older than my granddaughter, and she managed to set them up quite excellently. Unlike high street audiologists the NHS ones do a complete check up, and if needs be, send you for a scan to be seen by a consultant.
My problem, like most old people, was the loss of much of the the high register which is so important in speech recognition.
I can now even pick out speech in crowds of people and amongst the general hubbub.