• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A gentle Christian debate: Is Jesus God, in Human Flesh?

whirlingmerc

I would be cautious about some of those analogies
I would be cautious about over emphasizing bible codes. The plain things and the main things and the main things are the plain things

Patrick and Patrick are helpful

However Jesus is 'Vield in flesh the Godhead he' as the hymn says.
We cannot look directly on the glory of God as Moses was told and live, but we can look at the goodness of God, God's back as it were, in vieled form in Jesus and looking at it be transformed from one glory into the next.

Psalm 102 by title is for a person who is overwhelmed and in the book of Hebrews it is about Jesus but taken together it is an argument why Jesus is greater than the angels and example of a prayer to God in the Old Testamant applied to Jesus in the New. An argument for the divinity of Christ. One of many

Last edited:

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
"In human flesh"? We do not own our flesh, it was always God's and in God's image. He is not a foreign presence in our bodies (nor the Lord's) but belonged and belongs there all along, as it was in the beginning. Jesus gives us the power to come into our inheritance as rightful sons and daughters of God's own flesh, not our own.

David1967

Premium Member
If you're a trinitarian he is. But keep in mind that the concept of the Trinity is from my understanding, a Catholic invention that has been adopted by a large portion of Christendom. I would recommend reading Jesus words and make up your mind based on that rather than man-made dogma. IMHO, when Jesus said that He and the Father are one, he didn't mean that he was literally God in the flesh. In fact, he never said that. If he was God in the flesh, why did he pray (talk) to himself daily? That would be strange.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
If you're a trinitarian he is. But keep in mind that the concept of the Trinity is from my understanding, a Catholic invention that has been adopted by a large portion of Christendom. I would recommend reading Jesus words and make up your mind based on that rather than man-made dogma. IMHO, when Jesus said that He and the Father are one, he didn't mean that he was literally God in the flesh. In fact, he never said that. If he was God in the flesh, why did he pray (talk) to himself daily? That would be strange.
Very good reasoning, David1967.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I don't believe that Jesus is literally God but is of the "essence" of God, much like the Holy Spirit. The Trinitarian concept speaks to that approach. See here about the concept of "essence": Essence - Wikipedia