• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A gender exercise

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Alright, everyone! Hop up! Time to do your gender exercises! One, two, three! One, two, three!...

Well, not really, but the phrase does make me want to say that. :D

This is an exercise I found over at T-Vox and thought some of you guys might be interested in it.

The instructions say to take a pencil and paper and write stuff out, but I've made a convenient picture file for everyone to use.

gender.jpg

There are four lines; each is rather self explanatory. The top is your sex (XX, XY, etc), the next is your gender identity (whether you consider yourself a man or a woman or something else), the third is your gender expression (whether you act feminine, masculine, both or neither), and the last is your sexual orientation. You simply put a dot in the general area where you fall on each line.

Society tells me that I should be something like this:

genderb.jpg

But I'm actually more like this:

genderc.jpg

Keep in mind you can put your dots anywhere on the line. The point to keep in mind is that, although these things are related, they're pretty independent of each other. To use myself as an example, even when I considered myself lesbian I still liked women. That hasn't changed. My gender identity and expression, however, have.

Anyone else wanna give it a go?

Aqualung

Tasty
Sex - female.
Gender - Woman.
Gender expression is probably pretty close to androgynous. But that's just because society picks what appropriate gender expression is and, by and large, society is retarded.
Sexual orientation - men only.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Sex - Female
Gender - Other or Neither (I don't think I act like a girl or a guy... I'm simply me)
Gender Expression - again, neither.
Sexual orientation - mostly men, I find women attractive, but I have no desire to be with them.

Aqualung

Tasty
Sex - Female
Gender - Other or Neither (I don't think I act like a girl or a guy... I'm simply me)
Gender Expression - again, neither.
Sexual orientation - mostly men, I find women attractive, but I have no desire to be with them.

I read the results of a study somewhere (can't remember where) where they found that straight men will be physically stimulated by women, gay men by men, and all women by men and women.

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer
Here is my rough approximation:
gender.jpg

I'm really not sure about the third one. I might be closer to androgynous, sometimes.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Sex - female.
Gender - Woman.
Gender expression is probably close androgynous; although it depends o nthe day
Sexual orientation - men only, but I find women to be very attractive

Ðanisty

I guess this is close enough. It may be a little closer to other on the Gender Identity line. I've never really thought of myself as anything other than a woman, but I do love to play with it from time to time. It's not a serious thing though, so I'm generally uncomfortable claiming anything other than female. By the way, my dots are intentionally not at the very end of the line.

Attachments

• gender.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 204

Booko

Deviled Hen
Sex - female.
Gender - Woman.
Gender expression is probably pretty close to androgynous. But that's just because society picks what appropriate gender expression is and, by and large, society is retarded.
Sexual orientation - men only.

Thanks, Aqualung, you left my answer for me already, right down to the last detail about society being retarded.

Frubals!

Booko

Deviled Hen
I read the results of a study somewhere (can't remember where) where they found that straight men will be physically stimulated by women, gay men by men, and all women by men and women.

The study was off. I'm hopelessly hetero. I'm not remotely sexually interested in women and never have been. It's not because I was raised by homophobes or anything. I had plenty of opportunities for a bit of fun in college. I just wasn't interested.

Aqualung

Tasty
The study was off. I'm hopelessly hetero. I'm not remotely sexually interested in women and never have been. It's not because I was raised by homophobes or anything. I had plenty of opportunities for a bit of fun in college. I just wasn't interested.

Yeah, it was a small study. I'm sure it couldn't be generalised to the entire population, but I thought it was interesting anyway.