• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A gaggle of snakes...

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Snakes are cool! They spend their entire lives hiding from us and our cats, but every now and then they make their presence known.

This morning as I was getting ready for a private Scuba class, I looked out of my front door side window and saw a black snake coiled in the dirt of our flower bed. Curiously it appeared to have two heads. Nope it was two snakes. Oooops, I meant three snakes. Make that four. There is a snake orgy happening right outside my front door and all of them are 2 1/2-3 foot long. So, not wanting to frighten these cavorting serpents, I headed out the garage and circled back on them with my camera. That's when I noticed that the bushes were moving. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 black snakes in a viburnum. That's got to be a record somewhere. I was surprised that they had moved so quickly, until I realised that the initial four snakes were still by the sidewalk leading to the house.

That makes 9 black snakes getting busy in my front lawn. Unless you want to count the one I almost stepped on. There ya go TEN black snakes in my front lawn. I stared at them for a bit. There had to be more then ten in there now, but they are SO hard to count. I mean, they ALL look alike and they keep slithering here and there. The bush now has at least ten snakes in it by itself... forget the writhing mass by the door.

So I made it official: We have a plethora of black snakes in our front yard. The wife had noticed me walking back and forth for some time now and OPENED the front door to ask me what was going on. I was sort of expecting her to shriek I guess as I pointed out the snakes at her feet, but instead she took her hand at counting our slithering silly serpents sliding sleekly south. She was going cross eyed as I left to meet my student. :D

standing_alone

I love snakes. When I was a kid, I often came across garter snakes while fishing (well, I still do) and catch them to take home.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I am hoping that they deal with my mole problem. :D Of course, my cat has now donned the persona of Diana the Huntress. This 17 year old fluff ball has been stalking butterflies and squirrels all day. She came across a snake in the back yard, but it beat a hasty retreat into the ferns before "Ratcat" had a chance to snag her.

When I came home tonight there were still two snakes in the viburnum and the one snake that has burrowed under the porch popped her head out for a second. :D

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Wait, wait! Aren't they called a 'snorkle' of snakes? :p

That's wonderful news! (Though I hope they're all married, lest several laws be broken!)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Wow, I haven't seen a wild snake in years. Use to see garter snakes all the time, but one of my moms cats hunted them and scared them out of the area of a small radius. Thier is a small forest I am sure they are some, but all the leaves and dead trees makes them very difficult to spot. Snakes are so cool.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I don't have an issue with snakes...except in excess. :)

I'm sure you won't ever have an issue with rodents, NetDoc. :)