• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Life is full of humour, maybe outright funny, something you heard or see, the trials and tribulations of every day life that unless you treat them as comical could drive you up the wall.

A couple of examples being ..

We usually load up the dishwasher as we use cutlery etc throughout the day and switch it on before bed so our pots and pans are clean for the morning. Guess who forgot to turn it on last night? You must laugh at having to wash a days worth of pots before you can make a coffee. O.k. i thought it was funny.

Or last night at dinner. Eldest daughter is a vegetarian. Youngest daughter askes her, "you only eat vegetables so you are vegetarian, but you also say you are humanitarian and I've never seen you eat a person."

How about you, anything funny/interesting you can add?

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Then there are the times my wife was madly searching for her glasses only to find she was wearing them!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Then there are the times my wife was madly searching for her glasses only to find she was wearing them!

I can relate to that.

And keys too, i got a sounder for them so if lost i whistle and the sounder went off. Great but i can't whistle.... luckily a clap also sets the keys chiruping. Great when in the cinema and the bady shoots a gun.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I have a habit of going into the kitchen with the intention to (say) heat up some beans in the crockpot for later. I take the beans out, put it on the table, then go to the computer. I sit at the computer staring at the screen thinking "there was something..." so I get up, go to the kitchen, take out cereal. Then go finish eating the cereal, and find the beans on the counter. I put the beans back in the cabinet only to cut on the crockpot, sit back at the computer, then wonder why I never put my cereal dish in the sink and why my pot is so hot with nothing in it. Then I go DUH! I'm supposed to cook the beans. I go into the cabinet, get another bag of beans and cook them instead of the ones I orientally put back in the cabinet.

No kiddin'

PureX

Veteran Member
Living by myself in the year of covid, I have taken to talking to myself out loud around the house, just for the hell of it. And for some reason I find it quite amusing. So I say ridiculous things out loud as if there were an audience, just to laugh at my own foolishness. And I do laugh, because to me, it's funny. I'm the comedian and the audience at the same time, so I can't miss. Life can be pretty weird and fun if you let it be.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I clear snow on my entire driveway & parking areas.
Even the portions that I won't be using until after
the snow is gone. Why do the extra unnecessary
work? Because it's there!

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Or last night at dinner. Eldest daughter is a vegetarian. Youngest daughter askes her, "you only eat vegetables so you are vegetarian, but you also say you are humanitarian and I've never seen you eat a person."
Smart daughters you have.

So, maybe vegetarian is not the right word. Should it be "animalitarian"?

Yerda

Veteran Member
I watched my other half searching around her seat on the couch then walk into the bedroom and return looking puzzled while talking to her friend on the phone. She was looking for her phone.