• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A fugitive preacher ignites controversy in Malaysia

danieldemol

Premium Member
‘Zakir Naik is an Indian preacher of Islam who currently calls Malaysia home. Described by the Washington Post as a “rock star of tele-evangelism”, he is also a fugitive, having evaded law enforcement in his home country of India since July 2016, when he fled the country within hours of bombers from neighbouring Bangladesh allegedly citing ideological influence from his YouTube videos.

A proponent of austere Salafi Islam, Naik has a long history of provocative rhetoric, including claims that “every Muslim should be a terrorist” and that suicide bombings are a legitimate weapon in war. He has expressed support for the death penalty for apostasy and the belief that Muslim-majority countries shouldn’t allow other religions to build houses of worship.’

Read more here: A fugitive preacher ignites controversy in Malaysia

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
‘Zakir Naik is an Indian preacher of Islam who currently calls Malaysia home. Described by the Washington Post as a “rock star of tele-evangelism”, he is also a fugitive, having evaded law enforcement in his home country of India since July 2016, when he fled the country within hours of bombers from neighbouring Bangladesh allegedly citing ideological influence from his YouTube videos.

A proponent of austere Salafi Islam, Naik has a long history of provocative rhetoric, including claims that “every Muslim should be a terrorist” and that suicide bombings are a legitimate weapon in war. He has expressed support for the death penalty for apostasy and the belief that Muslim-majority countries shouldn’t allow other religions to build houses of worship.’

Boy another one from India. He's like the Muslim version of Osho.

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane

Kinda old news now isn't it?

Anyway Naik is an amusing fellow, him getting kicked out a country doesn't surprise me.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Kinda old news now isn't it?

Anyway Naik is an amusing fellow, him getting kicked out a country doesn't surprise me.
From what I gather parts of the article are old news, and parts are new, regardless the story should not be dropped until Naik faces justice, which he is unlikely to face in Malaysia.

And no I don’t find anything amusing about a fellow who has allegedly inspired real world terrorism addressing crowds of a hundred thousand Muslims.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I’m afraid I’m not that familiar with Osho, what is it about the two you find comparable?

They were both scumbags and fugitives of the law. Osho attempted to poison the town citizenry with salmonella of which he and his fellow scumbags terrorized , just in order to win an election. He was the first to conduct a bioterror attack on us soil.

1984 Rajneeshee bioterror attack - Wikipedia

His jail mugshots are on the internet because fortunately this scumbag was caught , and promptly deported out of the country hence the similarity of both being on the lam from the law and both being from India.

SA Huguenot

I remember the well known debate between Zakir Naik and William Campbell in 2 000.
The topic was "the Bible and the Quran in relation to Science.

I was then still an atheist and was impressed with Naik as he made a mockery of Christians and the Bible.
it was his claims that the Bible dont know anything about science, but the Quran and science are in agreement that made me investigate Islam and the Quran.
I soon learned he was simply using Maurice Buchaille's book with the same topic description as the debate.

When I worked through this "Scientific" correlations in the Quran and science, I saw that Buchaille was not telling the truth, but ascribed scientific principles that was not to be found in the Quran at all!
for one, He claimed that the "Author of the Bible thinks the Moon radiates its own light, whilst the Quran is clear that the Moon only reflects the light of the Sun."
Buchaille ends off with, "Whilst the Quran is very clear on this distinction, one will not find any simmilar descriptions in the Bible".

What ticked me off was that his claim was purely a construction opinion, was when I read on p133 and saw he said.
"Admittidly, the Quran does not explain the Moon's reflection of the light from the Sun, but how was one to explain it to a man in the desert 1400 years ago?"

I could not believe my eyes!
Even the sources of Naik claims a scientific principle, but lateron admit the Quran does not say what they propagated to the audience of about 2 000 people!
No wonder Zakir naik looked so great in his debate.
If I were to lie like him, I will also achieve such adherance.

This is not the end of the story.
I somehow decided to see if the Bible describes the reflection of the Sun's light, because I still liked Zakir Naik's topic to prove the Bible dont explain reflection of Sunlight from the Moon. I was sure that this can be used in future arguments with Christians, as I already had a lever against Muslims on this point.

Well, I found the following verses that clearly does describe the Sunlight reflecting from the Moon.
The Sun shines and the Moon walks in brightness.(Job 31:26)
If God cover the Sun with a cloud, the Moon shall not give her light. (Ezek 32:7) (Mathew 24:29)(Isaiah13:10) (well with little immagination I was immagining some huge cosmic cloud.)
If the Sun increases seven fold in brightness, the Moon will shine as the Sun. (Isaiah 30:26) (and with even lesser immagination, I knew that if the Sun shines brighter, the reflection will also increase.)

I then had doubts about anyone telling me about what the Bible or Quran says, and I started to study both.
Once I saw the nebular Theory in Genesis 1, I could not ignore the authenticity of the Bible anymore.
it has been 11 years, and I still could not find a contradiction in the Bible on science.

Therefore, Thanks to Zakir Naik, I became a Bible believing Christian!

Terry Sampson

LOL!! Marvelous story! You ought to write it up and send it to Naik when the bugger is behind bars.
Was the Campbell/Zaik debate the one in which Zaik challenged his debate opponent to drink a fatal drink and test the words of Jesus?

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
I remember the well known debate between Zakir Naik and William Campbell in 2 000.
The topic was "the Bible and the Quran in relation to Science.

I was then still an atheist and was impressed with Naik as he made a mockery of Christians and the Bible.
it was his claims that the Bible dont know anything about science, but the Quran and science are in agreement that made me investigate Islam and the Quran.
I soon learned he was simply using Maurice Buchaille's book with the same topic description as the debate.

When I worked through this "Scientific" correlations in the Quran and science, I saw that Buchaille was not telling the truth, but ascribed scientific principles that was not to be found in the Quran at all!
for one, He claimed that the "Author of the Bible thinks the Moon radiates its own light, whilst the Quran is clear that the Moon only reflects the light of the Sun."
Buchaille ends off with, "Whilst the Quran is very clear on this distinction, one will not find any simmilar descriptions in the Bible".

What ticked me off was that his claim was purely a construction opinion, was when I read on p133 and saw he said.
"Admittidly, the Quran does not explain the Moon's reflection of the light from the Sun, but how was one to explain it to a man in the desert 1400 years ago?"

I could not believe my eyes!
Even the sources of Naik claims a scientific principle, but lateron admit the Quran does not say what they propagated to the audience of about 2 000 people!
No wonder Zakir naik looked so great in his debate.
If I were to lie like him, I will also achieve such adherance.

This is not the end of the story.
I somehow decided to see if the Bible describes the reflection of the Sun's light, because I still liked Zakir Naik's topic to prove the Bible dont explain reflection of Sunlight from the Moon. I was sure that this can be used in future arguments with Christians, as I already had a lever against Muslims on this point.

Well, I found the following verses that clearly does describe the Sunlight reflecting from the Moon.
The Sun shines and the Moon walks in brightness.(Job 31:26)
If God cover the Sun with a cloud, the Moon shall not give her light. (Ezek 32:7) (Mathew 24:29)(Isaiah13:10) (well with little immagination I was immagining some huge cosmic cloud.)
If the Sun increases seven fold in brightness, the Moon will shine as the Sun. (Isaiah 30:26) (and with even lesser immagination, I knew that if the Sun shines brighter, the reflection will also increase.)

I then had doubts about anyone telling me about what the Bible or Quran says, and I started to study both.
Once I saw the nebular Theory in Genesis 1, I could not ignore the authenticity of the Bible anymore.
it has been 11 years, and I still could not find a contradiction in the Bible on science.

Lol, that's priceless. :D I would've become a Christian too in your situation only being exposed to him.

SA Huguenot

LOL!! Marvelous story! You ought to write it up and send it to Naik when the bugger is behind bars.
Was the Campbell/Zaik debate the one in which Zaik challenged his debate opponent to drink a fatal drink and test the words of Jesus?
he actually said he will be lenient to Dr Campbell and will not ask him to drink poison, but asked him to translate any of the languages on some Indian monitary paper note which, under correction had 15 languages printed on it.
he made a huge joke out of this claim to have campbell to speak in tounges.
the debate was in 2000 at the University of Chicago.
His avisor DR Shuaib Sayyed and I met last year, and had a conversation on his claim that YHWH is Satan.
He is hiding out in South Africa.
As you all know, the IPCI in Durban is the Home of Islamic indoctronation and was founded by Ahmad Deedad.

SA Huguenot

Lol, that's priceless. :D I would've become a Christian too in your situation only being exposed to him.
I was also exposed to Shabir Ally, Adnan Rasheed, Yusuf Ismail, Yusuf Bux, and Many more Muslims, and not a single one can answer my question on the Quran's self destruction statement.
It consists of Surra 4: 157

SA Huguenot

What I've found unbelievable about Naik is that people take him seriously. He is just so incredibly stupid.
On the contrary, he is a sly slithering snake and feeds of the billion or so ignorant and indoctronated muslims who was taught the Quran is the pure revelation from God and no questions allowed.
he knows just how to transmit a message to highly motivated Muslim youth as an argument in a nutshell against any Christian who would speak to them in future.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
On the contrary, he is a sly slithering snake and feeds of the billion or so ignorant and indoctronated muslims who was taught the Quran is the pure revelation from God and no questions allowed.
he knows just how to transmit a message to highly motivated Muslim youth as an argument in a nutshell against any Christian who would speak to them in future.

'Stupid' is a subjective term, yes.

Ellen Brown

I've heard the man speak on YouTube, and at the time he did not sound any more harsh than many others. He was in favor of mandatory Hijab, and wife beating as in Surah 4:34. Perhaps it is those like him that took Islam down the dark path?

I did notice that there is a new Video on YouTube by a news service that accuses him of being one of the architects of the 9/11 attack and others. She is difficult to understand.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I'm concerned with the amount of Baha'i's on this forum looking to attack Muslims...grant it, in this case the man is an alleged fugitive, but I noticed the very little Baha'i's here focusing on Muslim seemingly jumping the bandwagon of others who dislike Islam. I would think from the historical treatment that one's religious faith has experienced, one would not repeat the same offenses. There are Muslims that deserve criticism and Islam ought to have some academic (and I emphasize academic not online chat forum scrutiny) critique in the healthy sense, but I just find it comical that this comes up when in my thread there were many issues within "others" faith that need to be addressed and allowed others to scrutinize it the way Islam has been here.

Ellen Brown

I'm concerned with the amount of Baha'i's on this forum looking to attack Muslims...grant it, in this case the man is an alleged fugitive, but I noticed the very little Baha'i's here focusing on Muslim seemingly jumping the bandwagon of others who dislike Islam. I would think from the historical treatment that one's religious faith has experienced, one would not repeat the same offenses. There are Muslims that deserve criticism and Islam ought to have some academic (and I emphasize academic not online chat forum scrutiny) critique in the healthy sense, but I just find it comical that this comes up when in my thread there were many issues within "others" faith that need to be addressed and allowed others to scrutinize it the way Islam has been here.

Naik is only one of several very radical Islamics. In my opinion, the vast majority of Muslims seek only to please Allah SWT and that non-violently.