• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Frightening Possibility

The Grey Wolf

ehT daM s'doG daM goD
I some times give certain things long, hard, thoughts. More often than not I come to radical and dangerous conclusions. Most dont actually make it far in my mind before being classifide in the "paranoid delusion" section in my memory werehouse. Some actually make it to the public discoussion section. Now to my point...

I have come to the distinct and frightening conclusion that its possible that the bible was written by one or more intoxicated people. Scary? Very. Heretical? Definatly... if I wasnt agnostic. Controversal? Extreamly. BUT is it right?

standing_alone

BUT is it right?
Can't say. I wasn't with the writer(s) of the Bible when they were putting it together, so I can't know if they were intoxicated. Methinks you need to spend your time thinking about more important things.

may

The Grey Wolf said:
I some times give certain things long, hard, thoughts. More often than not I come to radical and dangerous conclusions. Most dont actually make it far in my mind before being classifide in the "paranoid delusion" section in my memory werehouse. Some actually make it to the public discoussion section. Now to my point...

I have come to the distinct and frightening conclusion that its possible that the bible was written by one or more intoxicated people. Scary? Very. Heretical? Definatly... if I wasnt agnostic. Controversal? Extreamly. BUT is it right?
it must have been holy spirit;)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why does the writer's intoxication worry you? People don't necessarily change their opinions when drunk, they just make more typos/misspells.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
What's really scary is that the Bible may have been read by one or more intoxicated people.:eek:

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
If you're interested in this subject, you may wish to read Terry Pratchett's "Small Gods". It's quite delightful.

I'm not sure if it's worth worrying about. When I was in a conservative church, I mentioned to one of my friends there how much I was enjoying reading the works of Lewis Carrol. They were appalled by this, because they thought that the worth of the writing was diminished by the author having been on some interesting substances at the time.

I know the subjects are vastly different, but it seems a bit similar to be worrying about such a thing.

The Grey Wolf

ehT daM s'doG daM goD
FeathersinHair said:
If you're interested in this subject, you may wish to read Terry Pratchett's "Small Gods". It's quite delightful.

I'm not sure if it's worth worrying about. When I was in a conservative church, I mentioned to one of my friends there how much I was enjoying reading the works of Lewis Carrol. They were appalled by this, because they thought that the worth of the writing was diminished by the author having been on some interesting substances at the time.

I know the subjects are vastly different, but it seems a bit similar to be worrying about such a thing.

But dosnt it scare you that our entire civilization might be based on an acid trip!?!?!?!?!?!?!

The Grey Wolf

ehT daM s'doG daM goD
noodles said:
so what
does that make them better people?
and does it make someone worse of a person to be on drugs?

No opinion on that. Its just that its frightening. I dont care if you take drugs. All I ask is that your sober when you talk to me.