• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

a fortunate slip of the hand?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
So, someone here on RF asked me the details of a book I’d mentioned in a post, so I went on Amazon to find its title and author (I could not remember either as I only have it on my Kindle, and that was in another room and I was too lazy to get up and go and get it)

So I look it up on Amazon…

I click on its author to see who they were, and as I did this my hand kind of slipped out of control, and I ended up accidentally clicking to buy a kindle book I didn’t intend to purchase...

I then think “oh no! what on Earth have I purchased?” - but I was’t to fussed as it was only £2-something

Turns out it’s a commentary of the Upanishads…

Which I have just started reading! (Well, I’m not on to them yet, I’m still getting through the translator’s introduction…)

I think someone wants me to study the Upanishads :D

((Eddi's Blog))

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
So, someone here on RF asked me the details of a book I’d mentioned in a post, so I went on Amazon to find its title and author (I could not remember either as I only have it on my Kindle, and that was in another room and I was too lazy to get up and go and get it)

So I look it up on Amazon…

I click on its author to see who they were, and as I did this my hand kind of slipped out of control, and I ended up accidentally clicking to buy a kindle book I didn’t intend to purchase...

I then think “oh no! what on Earth have I purchased?” - but I was’t to fussed as it was only £2-something

Turns out it’s a commentary of the Upanishads…

Which I have just started reading! (Well, I’m not on to them yet, I’m still getting through the translator’s introduction…)

I think someone wants me to study the Upanishads :D

((Eddi's Blog))

Whose commentary, just out of curiosity?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
It's by a person called Abbot George Burke

I don't know if it's any good though

Is there a commentary you'd recommend?

I never heard of that guy, so I can't tell you if it's any good or not.

I prefer the Sankaracharya commentary, but I'm biased because I'm Advaitin.