• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A fitting Easter question

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I personally tend to think the flesh doesn't rise literally from the dead. I see no need for a ressurection. This fleshly body is so illusionary attached to notions of pleasure and pain, and only desires to please itself.

How are illusions not "real"? (With a nod to Willamena. :))

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
The body is already as good as dead. The thing within the body makes it alive. If you dissolve all illusionary images of this physical world into nothing all you would see is life.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
How is the dust not "dead" if it is not already living?
One day my body will become other things, other forms, and not necessarily living in the sense that I know it in. In what way is my life not a rise from death?

First, those of Matthew 25:32 placed at Jesus right hand of favor, so to speak, are alive and living on earth at that time. They can remain alive and keep right on living right into Jesus peaceful 1000-year rule over earth with their bodies gaining the perfect human perfection of mind and body that Adam originally had at creation before sinning.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
The body is already as good as dead. The thing within the body makes it alive. If you dissolve all illusionary images of this physical world into nothing all you would see is life.

Hm...interesting perspective! :)

But I seem to see life in illusion as well. In fact, the thing within my body (the observer) give life to them. I walk in a living universe.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

According to Scripture the 'thing' within the body that makes it alive is: the 'breath of life' [Gen 2:7]. Without the breath of life, like Adam, one becomes a dead or lifeless soul.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
In what sense are they real though? Real to the physical body? Pleasure and pain effect the spirit how?

Think of how the color of life changes when you are 1) in intense pleasure and 2) during intense suffering.

An illusion is real because I live it. It is part of the experience I have.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Illusion doesn't mean unreal.
Illusion refers to our perspectives, understandings, beliefs or the importance we put on things which are only temporary.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I personally tend to think the flesh doesn't rise literally from the dead. I see no need for a ressurection. This fleshly body is so illusionary attached to notions of pleasure and pain, and only desires to please itself. That is not what I call truly real, it's an illusion. I will not be reborn after this life, I will ascend to a place where I can help all living things. That is my dearest wish, to become an eternal Bodhisattva.

Isn't it the imperfect body that desires only to please itself?
Jesus was perfect and lived not to please himself.
Showing perfection can choose to successfully please others.

Once pain is no more, as promised in Revelation under Jesus 1000-year rule over earth, then one can help all living things reach full potential of human perfection of mind and body.

Rainbow Mage

Think of it this way. Is a pitcher more significant then the water it contains? One can polish the pitcher, but it doesn't change the water inside. One can do all manner of things to the pitcher, even drop it on the floor and break it, but the water does not change, it simply spills and expands to fill a larger space.

S-word

Adam was inanimate life matter before God breathed the breath of life into Adam, and at that point Adam became a living soul or life as a soul. Gen 2:7

Did Adam rise from the dead? No. Adam was from dust and returned to dust.
Adam had, and will have, No resurrection anywhere heaven or earth.

Within the body of the first human beings were the spirits or characteristics of the animals through which mankind had evolved from the very first organic molecules that had formed in the primeval soup of the earth even before our sun burst into light and life.

The animal spirits that were gathered into the inner dimension that co-exists within this visible world, of which the brilliant pre-human simulacrum that was being formed in paradise was their compilation and was the spiritual Androgynous being from which, Adam and Eve were divided, who, rather than follow the animal instincts within themselves, decided to Judge for themselves that which was good and bad, and were then cast back into this visible physical world from which the spirits of which enclosures of spirits, they were their compilation, had been gathered, where they were then clothed in animal skin, hair, muscles bone, and nerves etc. The evolution of mankind had been completed.

The Kabbala describes four Adams the two highest of which are celestial and spiritual, "The third Adam is the terrestrial Adam made from the elements of the earth, and placed in the Garden of Eden. This Adam was also an androgene. . . . It had, when first created, a glorious simulacrum or light body, and answers to the Yetzeeratic world."----Ibid., p. 418.

The fourth Adam was the Third Adam as he was after the Fall, when he was clothed with skin, flesh nerves etc. this answers to the Nephesh and Guff, i.e. body, united.
Ibid., p. 418.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Did Jesus really rise from the dead or did the gospel authors make it up? Much as I respect Jesus as a man, I think they made it up.

The fact that Jesus rose from the dead is the truth of God. Everyone who thinks otherwise is making up a fable.

MSizer

MSizer
Okay, why? (I just read an interesting article on the subject, and am interested in knowing if your reasons were addressed.)

Because it is clearly not possible. Do you believe Muhamed rode a winged steed from Mecca to Jerusalem, and then from Jerusalem to heaven beyond the gate where angels are not permitted to pass and was seated beside god? That, like the resurection story of jesus, simply has no credibility at all.

Rainbow Mage

The fact that Jesus rose from the dead is the truth of God. Everyone who thinks otherwise is making up a fable.

You know that how? Where you there when it supposedly happened? To one who views the world like I do a ressurection is pointless, it has absolutely no point.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Because it is clearly not possible. Do you believe Muhamed rode a winged steed from Mecca to Jerusalem, and then from Jerusalem to heaven beyond the gate where angels are not permitted to pass and was seated beside god? That, like the resurection story of jesus, simply has no credibility at all.
I was looking for something a little more specific than "it couldn't have happened."

logician

The crucifixion and resurrection myth is indeed derived from earlier pagan myths, such as that of Dionysus, Horus and Krishna, among others.

And those pagan myths along with Xianity have much more to do with the location of the sun, and the seasons, than the man-gods that represent them.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
And those pagan myths along with Xianity have much more to do with the location of the sun, and the seasons, than the man-gods that represent them.

The calender Moses used was not from the pagan nations.
Actually Passover has to do with the Jewish lunar calender not the sun.
That is why the Passover does not come on the same exact date or day of the week. So the anniversary date of what's called Good Friday would no more fall on a Friday each year any more than one's wedding anniversary would fall on the same day of the week.
Luke 22:19