• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A fitting Easter question

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I think that the resurrection scenario is fictional.
What really happened? I don't really care.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
What magic based story is true?

The one with the flying pink unicorns, LOL :p

No, seriously, I don't think most Pagans take our stories literal. I don't even think the ancients did, seeing as their beliefs were so loose, not so dogmatic. Pagan religions were never as dogmatic as the Abrahamic ones.

Rainbow Mage

It reads like fiction. Have you heard the saying, if it looks like duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck?

Yeah, but Jesus could have been a real guy they based these stories on. Besides, the NT isn't the only accounts we have about Jesus. Some of the other accounts portray him as far less mythical.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
What magic based story is true?
As a practicing Kemetic Wiccan I have my own magickal experiences that I know to be true. I also believe in the magick that is spoken of in Ancient Egyptian Mythology. It is possible that other magic from other faiths took place as well, but they don't mean anything to me. My path has been decided upon.

S-word

More likely than not, Jesus had a twin brother. His name may have been Brian and that may have actually been the inspiration for Monty Python's Life of Brian movie. One of them was crucified and the other claimed to have risen. An obvious scheme to commit heresy, but a very good one for its time.

A week later, when Thomas Didymus was present with the other disciples, Jesus appeared to them all and confronted his brother Jude, did he simply need time to recuperate? But the fact that he was translated to a body of incorruptible light, is borne out by the fact that he appeared to Saul/Paul on the road to Damascus, and indentified himself as Jesus of Nazareth.

Last edited by a moderator:

dogsgod

Yeah, but Jesus could have been a real guy they based these stories on. Besides, the NT isn't the only accounts we have about Jesus. Some of the other accounts portray him as far less mythical.
Harry Potter could be based on a real guy too for all we know. It's still obvious fiction.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
My question is this: If we aren't meant to be selling things in places of worship, then why are their rummage sales inside churches all the time?

First, according to Scripture, Jesus did not resurrect himself.
God resurrected Jesus. [Acts 2:27,31,32; Psalm 16:10].

Good question: church rummage sales, etc.?
Answer: Unscriptural to do so.

Just because 'many' come 'In His Name' does not mean they are following the words that came out of Jesus mouth.
Rather the 'clergy class', instead of listening to the words that came out of Jesus mouth, put words in his mouth that were never there.
They teach church tradition or custom outside of Scripture.
[Mark 7:7,13; Matthew chapters 7 and 23.]
The religious leaders today, as in Jesus day, use their opinion and shove it into the mouth of God like they are some sort of holy ventriloquist.
This should come as no surprise because as Luke forewarned that wolf-like clergy dressed in sheep's clothing would fleece the flock in order to further their own agenda.- which is often political.
[Acts 20:29,30; Matthew 24:24]

Rainbow Mage

But the fact that he was translated to a body of incorruptible light, is borne out by the fact that he appeared to Saul/Paul on the road to Damascus, and indentified himself as Jesus of Nazareth.

The fact that he appeared to Saul? Here I thought Saul was a crazy guy with a mental problem :yes:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Don't we all rise from the dead? My body hasn't always been composed of living flesh.

Adam was inanimate life matter before God breathed the breath of life into Adam, and at that point Adam became a living soul or life as a soul. Gen 2:7

Did Adam rise from the dead? No. Adam was from dust and returned to dust.
Adam had, and will have, No resurrection anywhere heaven or earth.

Rainbow Mage

Don't we all rise from the dead? My body hasn't always been composed of living flesh.

I personally tend to think the flesh doesn't rise literally from the dead. I see no need for a ressurection. This fleshly body is so illusionary attached to notions of pleasure and pain, and only desires to please itself. That is not what I call truly real, it's an illusion. I will not be reborn after this life, I will ascend to a place where I can help all living things. That is my dearest wish, to become an eternal Bodhisattva.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Adam was inanimate life matter before God breathed the breath of life into Adam, and at that point Adam became a living soul or life as a soul. Gen 2:7

Did Adam rise from the dead? No. Adam was from dust and returned to dust.
Adam had, and will have, No resurrection anywhere heaven or earth.

How is the dust not "dead" if it is not already living?

One day my body will become other things, other forms, and not necessarily living in the sense that I know it in. In what way is my life not a rise from death?