• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A female James Bond. Are you kidding me?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
That sounds like a sophisticated music joke.
But I'm too ignorant to fully appreciate it.
it's cool. It didn't really make any sense anyway.

Sometimes I just post because I can't stand seeng a blank box at the bottom of my screen.

:p

Straw Dog

Isn't there a film anywhere that isn't tainted with identity politics?

Lashana Lynch Confirms She Is James Bond's New 007, Haters Be Damned

What are they trying to do? Kill Sean Connery's legacy of a the iconic male lines of James Bonds?

Make your own secret agent legacy of female super British Agents. Sheeze.

Get woke, go broke. This film has tanked already well before release.

Maybe some fair points there, but also they’ve kind of been making the same movie for 60 years. Let’s also not jump the gun here. It’s not a female Bond. She’s just the new “007” because James Bond has resigned. It’s an employee ID number and could just be a plot element in the next movie.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I can’t figure out which is worse: identity politics ... or conservative snowflakes who are “triggered” by identity politics, and need to run back to their 1950’s safe space, where Jesus, Santa, Alexander Hamilton, King Arthur and all our heroes had the correct, historically accurate, white male faces.
Omg this is such a mood lmao!!

The most hilarious example of this (to me anyway) was some backlash against I think it was the casting of Hamlet somewhere. Conservative phony geeks cried that the part was being played by a black man. All the theatre geeks meanwhile were baffled by the reaction, since Shakespeare has been colourblind casting for literally centuries.

More often than not the snowflakes reveal themselves to be fake geeks. Who are nonetheless trying to gatekeep fandoms they seem incapable of fully understanding the nuances of.
It’s become something of a running gag and a source of endless eyerolls from the “core” communities.