• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A female James Bond. Are you kidding me?

Audie

Veteran Member
Isn't there a film anywhere that isn't tainted with identity politics?

Lashana Lynch Confirms She Is James Bond's New 007, Haters Be Damned

What are they trying to do? Kill Sean Connery's legacy of a the iconic male lines of James Bonds?

Make your own secret agent legacy of female super British Agents. Sheeze.

Get woke, go broke. This film has tanked already well before release.
I recommend that you audition for the role.
You already know kung fu, but you have the
advantage of a razor sharp wit.
Their knees would be turned into haggis!

Good idea! Nobody would see me coming.

epronovost

There's something called 008 or 006. Ever heard of it?

If James Bond is retired is now a mentor figure, his code and method pass on to someone else. It make sense both from a storytelling perspective and from a marketing perspective since much like toxedo, gadgets and beautifl women it's a staple of the James Bond franchise. Plus, if you declare that numbers can't be re-used, both 008 and 006 are already used. 006 was the main villain in Golden Eye while 008 was mentionned as killed in another movie.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If James Bond is retired is now a mentor figure, his code and method pass on to someone else. It make sense both from a storytelling perspective and from a marketing perspective since much like toxedo, gadgets and beautifl women it's a staple of the James Bond franchise. Plus, if you declare that numbers can't be re-used, both 008 and 006 are already used. 006 was the main villain in Golden Eye while 008 was mentionned as killed in another movie.
I think that corrupting & perverting the whole Bond series
is good. A disaster or 2 with female pretenders is just what's
needed for a later quality reboot with a Conneryesque 007.

epronovost

Conneryesque James Bond would be a disaster in 2020. They are waaaaay to campy for a modern audience. Trying to recreate the Connery style would be jst like resurrecting the Pierce Brosnan James Bond era which ended with two extremely unremarcable James Bond. The James Bond franchise could use the same treatment as the Mad Max franchise. Insert a female lead, shake off some old tropes, see if you can give an old recepe a new flavor.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I have to agree with @epronovost. Nothing but love for Connery. But in today’s era, his type of Cold War scare movies would be laughed at. Gotta update for today’s generation.
Besides it’s not like the franchise is coy to the idea of strong females agents anyway. Roger Moore got his *** kicked by women, iirc. A female 007 makes sense

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
So it's just for the next movie? I don't like Craig's Bond movies and can't wait for them to replace him (helpfully with Idris Elba), so this is easily avoided by me - I'm just not going to watch it like I didn't watch the last Bond movie.
Oh Idris Elba as James Bond? Sign me up!!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have to agree with @epronovost. Nothing but love for Connery. But in today’s era, his type of Cold War scare movies would be laughed at. Gotta update for today’s generation.
Besides it’s not like the franchise is coy to the idea of strong females agents anyway. Roger Moore got his *** kicked by women, iirc. A female 007 makes sense
I'm imagining an updated conneryesque figure & plot,
something to feel fresh, a while after the series seems dead.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
I'm imagining an updated conneryesque figure & plot,
something to feel fresh, a while after the series seems dead.
Ehh. The series (the books these films are based on) isn’t relevant anymore. Connery era is dead, no sense in parading a corpse. We need young blood and a bold new direction.