• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A disciple of Jesus Christ

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is written that disciples for Jesus Christ are to be made.

The reason why it is written thus is that the verb disciple was changed into a noun. I believe that what The Holy Spirit caused to be written is to be a disciple.

It is a verb.

I understand the confusion. I do not understand why People for The Truth are so stubborn.

They seem to think that a disciple's job is to be making more disciples.

I think the reason why is that they believe the meaning of the noun disciple is a person who shuns bad and puts on righteousness.

I agree that is the goal.

The verb disciple means to be taught by a teacher to emulate the teacher.
The Teacher is The Shepherd of God's people.
To discipline means to shepherd God's people.

Does anyone else see the problem?

I am saying that people can be drawn to God to put on righteousness without becoming a disciple which is a shepherd. If everyone's goal was to be a shepherd, where would the sheep be?

Please.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am sure Matthew 28:19 means for some to emulate Jesus Christ by living the way, the truth and the life and so through them people will praise God, trust God and obey God.

You can't be living the truth when you are teaching your own ideas about the way, the truth, and the life. You become like everybody else and everybody else is The World.

1 John 2:17
1 Corinthians 7:31