• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Dingo Ate My Baybee....Almost!

pearl

i can remember the original tragedy. a mother was punished twice. the first time with a dingo dragging off her child and the second by australians demonizing her.

After 32 Years, Coroner Confirms Dingo Killed

I remember that, I hope this woman,, so wrongly judged was alive for her vindication!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I remember that, I hope this woman,, so wrongly judged was alive for her vindication!
Ref....
Death of Azaria Chamberlain - Wikipedia
Excerpted....
Subsequently, after a further investigation and a second inquest held in Darwin, Lindy Chamberlain was tried for murder, convicted on 29 October 1982 and sentenced to life imprisonment. Azaria's father, Michael Chamberlain, was convicted as an accessory after the fact and given a suspended sentence.

After all legal options had been exhausted, the chance discovery in 1986 of a piece of Azaria's clothing in an area with numerous dingo lairs led to Lindy Chamberlain's release from prison. On 15 September 1988, the Northern Territory Court of Criminal Appeals unanimously overturned all convictions against Lindy and Michael Chamberlain.[6] A third inquest was conducted in 1995, which resulted in an "open" finding.[5] At a fourth inquest held on 12 June 2012, Coroner Elizabeth Morris delivered her findings that Azaria Chamberlain had been taken and killed by a dingo. After being released, Lindy Chamberlain was paid $1.3 million for false imprisonment[7] and an amended death certificate was issued immediately.