• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A difficult part of me as person

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Our constant sex drive makes us do foolish things and waste a lot of time and money. Be happy, relax and enjoy life.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
There is a book in the Bible called the Song of Solomon, but this, in my opinion, shouldn't be taken literally. Or it is intended to be taken literally by the author, then I think he is on the wrong track.
There's nothing wrong with erotic poetry. Blame God for creating romantic love and sex if you have an issue with it, I guess. Many spiritual metaphors have been drawn from it over the centuries, regardless.

RestlessSoul

Divine sex can be confused with being spiritual and loving God. I don't believe loving God involves sex, not as I conceive loving God. There is a book in the Bible called the Song of Solomon, but this, in my opinion, shouldn't be taken literally. Or it is intended to be taken literally by the author, then I think he is on the wrong track.

Some interpretations of The Song of Solomon insist that erotic love is used by it’s author, as a metaphor for divine love. Not sure that interpretation works for me. It is one of the most poetic books in the Bible, however we are supposed to interpret it.

A bundle of myrrh is my well beloved unto me; he shall lie all night betwixt my breasts.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
You also missed the quotes, so to avoid further misunderstanding I'll write it out completely

IF "Worldly Sex" = "Worldly Love"
THEN "Divine Sex" = "Divine Love"

I hope this clarifies the misunderstanding

There are those of us that don't equate "sex" with "love."

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
For some time i think i known it, and maybe its difficult to be sure. But i have come to realizing that i when it comes to sexuality i am A-sexual.

I know this is very personal to admit but since i am an open person i have no problem knowledge this issue.

And yes i do understand there might be many question to be answerd.
I dont not come forth to gain sympathy or focus on me as a person.

I find this interesting.

Something to ponder... Did you once favor one gender over another when it came to interest in intimacy? If not, then you are probably right. But if you did, at what point did that interest fall away? Was it perhaps when spiritual pursuits took precedence?

Not questioning your assessment, but just some food for thought. ;)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I find this interesting.

Something to ponder... Did you once favor one gender over another when it came to interest in intimacy? If not, then you are probably right. But if you did, at what point did that interest fall away? Was it perhaps when spiritual pursuits took precedence?

Not questioning your assessment, but just some food for thought. ;)
I have only had interest in females before. When it come to sexual issues that is.
Now when that is gone, i see all humans equal from a non sexual P.OV

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Stiil many say in English: let's make love

So, the majority does (or are blabbing)

Many also say "I'm dead" when they find something extremely funny.

I don't really think they are, though.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
For some time i think i known it, and maybe its difficult to be sure. But i have come to realizing that i when it comes to sexuality i am A-sexual.

I know this is very personal to admit but since i am an open person i have no problem knowledge this issue.

And yes i do understand there might be many question to be answerd.
I dont not come forth to gain sympathy or focus on me as a person.

Nothing wrong with that. I've considered myself gray-A for awhile (the thing kind of in between asexual and having a drive). I also realized that in my own life, being more spiritual has sometimes made me less asexual, as I feel I connect better with the universe in such cases and also, with people. My saying this is not saying you aren't spiritual, you're probably a much more spiritual person than me. But I'm just saying try not to make labels about yourself too permanent even if they are true, because sometimes things change as people grow or change. ;)

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Fits well in this context:

They reveal (Unconsciously) that they are
free from ego for a moment

Sex without love is like "I'm dead"
Well clearly you’re an expert in the subject, so I’ll bow out and take my leave.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Nothing wrong with that. I've considered myself gray-A for awhile (the thing kind of in between asexual and having a drive). I also realized that in my own life, being more spiritual has sometimes made me less asexual, as I feel I connect better with the universe in such cases and also, with people. My saying this is not saying you aren't spiritual, you're probably a much more spiritual person than me. But I'm just saying try not to make labels about yourself too
What is it call when one has no interest in sex at all?

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I'm mostly asexual myself. Because with out the romance of a committed relationship it doesn't appeal to me.

But there are few times on the spectrum that I feel like I'm chained to an idiot. Lol. Well put!

In popular culture sex seems to be portrayed as reveling in glorious beauty. But I don't see that as reality. It feels cheap that way.

Mostly I had hoped that life is more about other kinds of relationships that are platonic. Oh well.

There's gotta be something to win over. Substance over superficiality.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Fits well in this context:

They reveal (Unconsciously) that they are
free from ego for a moment

Sex without love is like "I'm dead"
Well clearly you’re an expert in the subject, so I’ll bow out and take my leave.
I am not an expert, I am still working on this one

Being in tune with Love, means being aware (as in Self Realized),
Hence sex without Love = sex without awareness, aka not Self Realized

Not Self Realized is what the the Indian Masters call "Spiritual dead"
Hence I said "Sex without love is like "I'm dead" " (not just applies to sex)