• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Demon's Whisper

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
I don't really think there is much to debate about this, but this is the most suitable section I could think of since there isn't a religious discussion (no debates) section.

Anyway, I keep having this recurring dream. In this dream, I'm sleeping. And as I'm doing so, a demon whispers in my ear. The dream is in third person perspective, so I don't know what is being vocalized.

And just before I woke up this morning, I had a dream that I was possessed. And as I became so, the world became very dark. My mother acted like she knew I was possessed, but she didn't care. And there were these giant crickets all over the place. A lot of them were dead and had their stomaches ripped out. Then I noticed another type of bug. It almost stood upright like a mantis. But this bug was completely fictional and resembled that of a creature in a video game I recently played (which is an example of why I don't really ever think there is much behind my dreams). This bug was eating the stomaches out of the crickets. And for whatever reason, my cat was being her cute self and pouncing as many bugs as she could.

Today is also the day I turn eighteen.

So, I was thinking that maybe some of you might have an idea why a demon was whispering in my ear and on the day I turn eighteen I become possessed by one (in my dreams, of course;)). Is something trying to reach me, or is this simply just stuff my mind is making up? Any interpretations?

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Perhaps it was a cricket on not a demon? :shrug:
Which wouldn't really take away the weirdness of your dream but a cricket talking is so much cooler. :D

But for the love of chickens it's your birthday!!!!

Happy Birthday.....:hapbirth:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hey, Happy Birthaday !

Dreams can be hard to interpret.

And just before I woke up this morning, I had a dream that I was possessed. And as I became so, the world became very dark. My mother acted like she knew I was possessed, but she didn't care. And there were these giant crickets all over the place. A lot of them were dead and had their stomaches ripped out. Then I noticed another type of bug. It almost stood upright like a mantis. But this bug was completely fictional and resembled that of a creature in a video game I recently played (which is an example of why I don't really ever think there is much behind my dreams). This bug was eating the stomaches out of the crickets. And for whatever reason, my cat was being her cute self and pouncing as many bugs as she could.

Tell me, do you eat cheese late at night?:D

I would guess that you are 'trying to find your feet' morally; maybe you are testing boundaries.

The fact that your Mum seems unconcerned makes me wonder if you are actually surprised that she isn't reacting badly to something you're doing at the moment. Does that make sense?

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I agree with Michel about his assessment of what the devil might represent and just want to add that I think of dreams as visual clues being played out in our imagination about what's bothering us at the moment. Symbols of our dilemmas.

I wouldn't place any importance on the fact that's it's your birthday. It's just coincidence.

It's fun to remember your dreams don't you think? Makes me realize what great imaginations we all have.

And Michel, what does eating cheese before bedtime mean?

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
michel said:
Hey, Happy Birthaday !

Thanks! Although, Buttons* did make another thread for that.:D

Dreams can be hard to interpret.

Tell me, do you eat cheese late at night?:D

I did eat some Cheez-Itz and had a couple mozerella sticks last night.

I would guess that you are 'trying to find your feet' morally; maybe you are testing boundaries.

I never really thought about that. Honestly, I'm quite scared of hell, but I know that that's where I'm headed. I feel that what is right for me is wrong for God. Religiously, I have no idea what I am or where I stand. And it gets to me to the point where I don't want to go to sleep at night. When I am asleep I am vulnerable and out of control of what may happen to me. And being such a religiously ambivalent estuary, if I die then I'm going to hell. That's because I made the wrong decisions or simply didn't know what to believe. And when I wake up, I'm in control of my life again and have nothing to worry.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but this seems to be my best correlation.

The fact that your Mum seems unconcerned makes me wonder if you are actually surprised that she isn't reacting badly to something you're doing at the moment. Does that make sense?

I actually think this could be something a little different, but I don't want to discuss this particular part, really.

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Buttercup said:
I agree with Michel about his assessment of what the devil might represent and just want to add that I think of dreams as visual clues being played out in our imagination about what's bothering us at the moment. Symbols of our dilemmas.

I would say that I generally agree with you. But at the same time, part of me doesn't want to. I have doubts about all I do, so even this is a little complicated for me.