• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A deeper meaning

King Phenomenon

Am I suppose to really think that all the time and effort we put into building churches, making bibles and preaching that there's not a deeper meaning behind it all. It's so obvious when you see a preacher on TV and everybody gets all riled up. Am I really suppose to think there getting riled up about what happened 2000 yrs ago? I think not. I encourage you to think about it. Think about what they're really talking about.

The chosen one lives........ Literally

Last edited:

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Am I suppose to really think that all the time and effort we put into building churches, making bibles and preaching that there's not a deeper meaning behind it all.
Money, ego and social control. That's pretty much all the deeper you need to go. :)

vulcanlogician

It's so obvious when you see a preacher on TV and everybody gets all riled up.

Have you ever seen footage of the Nuremberg rallies? Now THAT'S getting riled up. But does that make the message being delivered there inherently meaningful? Most of it was lies, propaganda, and claptrap. It's hard to be LESS meaningful if you genuinely care about the truth of what was said at those rallies.

But people still got riled up. I don't think there's any disputing that.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Am I suppose to really think that all the time and effort we put into building churches, making bibles and preaching that there's not a deeper meaning behind it all.

The opposite. They're there to make you think that there IS something profound there.

It's so obvious when you see a preacher on TV and everybody gets all riled up.

And that's how it's done. Whip people into a religious fervor, get them stomping, clapping, singing, and shouting amen and hallelujah, and they'll tell you that the Holy Spirit is present and go home feeling like they have been spiritually recharged for the week.