• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A cutie has captured our hearts

atanu

Premium Member
A grievously injured and unconscious squirrel brought home by my daughter is now occupying our hearts. It has been treated by a vet and now should live.

Squirrel probably has a paw fractured and although much better now yet cannot climb up a wall or tree comfortably. I am worried whether we will be able to release it in the open or not. As of now, it will not be able to fend for itself.

full

full

https://youtu.be/tyg8UJaRACM

atanu

Premium Member
You gonna get rabies messin' around with that rodent!

:)

Once the near unconscious and injured in the leg squirrel was brought home we could not leave it outside in the open.

A vet has taken care and asked us to keep it only for 3 days till the medicine is finished. Before that I cannot leave it out in the open.

I use heavy-duty gloves to handle the squirrel and advised others to do so, although the animal is not at all aggressive.

Although squirrels are known to bite, there are no reports of rabies caused to humans. But of course one never knows.

I thank you for cautioning me.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
A grievously injured and unconscious squirrel brought home by my daughter is now occupying our hearts. It has been treated by a vet and now should live.

Squirrel probably has a paw fractured and although much better now yet cannot climb up a wall or tree comfortably. I am worried whether we will be able to release it in the open or not. As of now, it will not be able to fend for itself.

full

full

I know people who had them as pets. Gave them a good long life.

Great job!

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

full

full

CUTENESS OVERLOAD!! :hearteyes::hearteyes:

I hope it gets better. If it isn't well enough to be released, I guess you have a new pet! :grinning:

atanu

Premium Member
Hello friend

Today morning we let Mr Squirrel free in our garden. Almost immediately an eagle swooped down on it. My daughter’s loud cry made the eagle fly back. It was sheer luck. This cutie is not able to run away.

We tried to put it on tree trunks to allow him to get some practice in climbing. He tried but without success and then started bleeding from it’s left paw.

Any idea what we should do? Of course visiting the vet seems a requirement. Should we hand over the squirrel to a rescuer? We are avoiding that since then surely the squirrel will be separated from its environment and friends/family if any.

CUTENESS OVERLOAD!! :hearteyes::hearteyes:

I hope it gets better. If it isn't well enough to be released, I guess you have a new pet! :grinning:

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello friend

Today morning we let Mr Squirrel free in our garden. Almost immediately an eagle swooped down on it. My daughter’s loud cry made the eagle fly back. It was sheer luck. This cutie is not able to run away.

We tried to put it on tree trunks to allow him to get some practice in climbing. He tried but without success and then started bleeding from it’s left paw.

Any idea what we should do? Of course visiting the vet seems a requirement. Should we hand over the squirrel to a rescuer? We are avoiding that since then surely the squirrel will be separated from its environment and friends/family if any.

At this point the poor thing is already separated. Definitely a vet visit to see what can be done. You'll probably have to take care of it at least for a while.

atanu

Premium Member
full

Our little friend passed away in the night, leaving painful void in our hearts. Remembering his walk throughout our house, globus rises in throat. He was a guest for only 7 days but he made us sob. We saw his condition deteriorate every day.

This picture was taken about 5-6 hours before his passing.

Rest in peace, little friend.

Hold

Day Dreamer
Premium Member
full

Our little friend passed away in the night, leaving painful void in our hearts. Remembering his walk throughout our house, globus rises in throat. He was a guest for only 7 days but he made us sob. We saw his condition deteriorate every day.

This picture was taken about 5-6 hours before his passing.

Rest in peace, little friend.
A sad ,short but I hope rewarding relationship.........Good on You,my friend

atanu

Premium Member
A sad ,short but I hope rewarding relationship.........Good on You,my friend

Thank you @Stonetree for the wise words. Yes this short and sad friendship with this seemingly insignificant friend has changed me.

The form has vanished but what the little guy represented will remain.

pearl

At least he died peacefully and not in fear like so many animals in the wild.

Sitting out in her yard my daughter observed a squirrel and in the same instant a hawk swooped down caught the squirrel and proceeded to eat it on top of her gazebo. The squirrel's mate was there, and the mournful sound was heartbreaking. Do they mate for life?