• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Cruise

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Going on a cruise with my family has occurred to me and before it gets stuck in my head, I think I have to know how ungreen a Disney cruise might be. I have heard that there are "green" cruises, but really, how green are they?

How ungreen is a cruise ship? Please and thank you.

(I have made the mistake already of talking about it to my Disney loving daughter. One other child says, "go for it!". The other two I have not talked to about it.)

Axe Elf

Prophet
This one's pretty green...

1830232599_6f488d1c24_b.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Going on a cruise with my family has occurred to me and before it gets stuck in my head, I think I have to know how ungreen a Disney cruise might be. I have heard that there are "green" cruises, but really, how green are they?

How ungreen is a cruise ship? Please and thank you.

(I have made the mistake already of talking about it to my Disney loving daughter. One other child says, "go for it!". The other two I have not talked to about it.)
Large ships are pretty fuel efficient. In fact, the most efficient internal combustion
engines are those in big ocean going vessels. So it might be no less green than
going to a land based resort. But I try to avoid travel in part because it's ungreen.
For me, the staycation is best. There's no better place to be than Revoltistan.
But for those who live elsewhere, I can understand the need to get away.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I worry about.

1. The whales
2. The human waste emptied anywhere.
3. All the other waste dumped.
4. The noise. Which is the same reason I use sour grapes not to go snowmobiling which I love, love, love!
5. Someone just told me they all get sick which isn't really ungreen.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
You might look at https://foe.org/cruise-report-card/ which ranks various lines on their environmental impact. Disney scores quite well compared to the others getting an A- And if you look at the 4 Disney ships, "Disney Wonder" would be the choice from an environmental perspective.

As to #5, "all" is a decided exaggeration in my book. There are outbreaks just as one would expect with a lot of people in close quarters.