• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Comforting Headline.....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Forget about memory lapses: they’re good for your brain
Next time you mislay your keys, can’t recall basic O-level history or find yourself in trouble again on your wedding anniversary, don’t blame old age — blame your brain’s evolved mechanisms for neuronal transience.

Scientists have claimed that forgetting things may not always imply you are scatterbrained. Instead, it could be crucial to coping with new challenges.
“We think an important part of being intelligent is about forgetting the details of past experiences,” Blake Richards, of the University of Toronto, said. He and a colleague argue in the journal Neuron that things you forget are as important for brain efficiency as those you remember. As a consequence, the brain actively promotes forgetting.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
So it's, like, freeing space on its hard-drive by deleting stuff I did not ask to be deleted?

kjodwhdekpoefwhuewvgh.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Does this apply to walking into a room and wondering why you got up and walked in there...or reaching for a word, and finding yourself saying "hang on, it'll be here in a minute"?
This is actually because the brain sees doors as an entrance to a different stream of thought. It sort of leaves your old thoughts once you step out of the room you thought them in.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And, I will too.

If you'll just send a thousand bucks for collateral, I'll gladly lend you a hundred. I'll even give you 30 days no interest.
Rather than address that obvious attempt to derail the thread, I'll just post this.....
homer-simpson-picture-quotes-sir-swo-image2.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
YAY!!! I have an excuse now when I forget where I park, or loose my keys or drivers license or debit card, or just forget to do something someone asked me to do!
Hooray for science!:D