• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A closer look at Matthew 28:19….

Bro Rando

Bible Prophecy.png

Could the revealing of Matthew 28:19 play a vital part of exposing false religion causing her to fall or be destroyed? (Aka ‘Babylon the Great’) Let’s visit a few scriptures.

“And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, and he had everlasting good news to declare to those who dwell on the earth, to every nation and tribe and tongue and people.” (Rev 14:6) “Another, a second angel, followed, saying: “She has fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen, she who made all the nations drink of the wine of the passion of her sexual immorality!” (Rev 14:8) “And I heard another voice out of heaven say: “Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues.” (Rev 18:4)

“And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.” (Matthew 24:14)

Towards the end of the first century, the Apostle John wrote, “Young children, it is the last hour, and just as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared, from which fact we know that it is the last hour.” (1 John 2:18) For 1,900 years, ‘the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.’ (2 Corinthians 4:4) “Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.” (1 John 2:22)

The trinity doctrine never acknowledges Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. “For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those not acknowledging Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.” (2 John 7) The foreign doctrine removes Jesus Christ by omission and teaches a different Jesus as it promotes a false baptism by replacing Christ with its own doctrine.

The scripture at Matthew 28:19 today doesn’t read as it did in the first century. Matthew who was born of the Levi tribe, first wrote his book in his native tongue, (Hebrew). So let’s visit the falsified Scripture. “Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,” (Matthew 28:19) Note: Scripture is under scrutiny and research for possible correction.

However, none of the Apostles baptized anyone in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit. NONE! Notice this admission. The Catholic Encyclopedia, II, page 263: “The baptismal formula was changed from the name of Jesus Christ to the words Father, Son, and Holy Spirit by the Catholic Church in the second century.

“The Demonstratio Evangelica” by Eusebius: Eusebius was the Church historian and Bishop of Caesarea. On page 152 Eusebius quotes the early book of Matthew that he had in his library in Caesarea. According to this eyewitness of an unaltered Book of Matthew that could have been the original book or the first copy of the original of Matthew. Eusebius informs us of Jesus’ actual words to his disciples in the original text of Matthew 28:19: “With one word and voice He said to His disciples: “Go, and make disciples of all nations in My Name, teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.” That 'Name' is Jesus.

Want more evidence of Scripture Tampering?? Catholic Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger: He makes this confession as to the origin of the chief Trinity text of Matthew 28:19. “The basic form of our (Matthew 28:19 Trinitarian) profession of faith took shape during the course of the second and third centuries in connection with the ceremony of baptism. So far as its place of origin is concerned, the text (Matthew 28:19) came from the city of Rome.” — Joseph Ratzinger (pope Benedict XVI) Introduction to Christianity: 1968 edition, pp. 82, 83.

So how were Christians baptized? “With that he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they requested him to stay for some days.” (Acts 10:48)

Peter said to them: “Repent, and let each one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the free gift of the holy spirit.” (Acts 2:38)

“But when they believed Philip, who was declaring the good news of the Kingdom of God and of the name of Jesus Christ, both men and women were getting baptized.” (Acts 8:12)

“Or do you not know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?” (Romans 6:3)

“On hearing this, they got baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.” (Acts 19:5)

Allow scripture to interpret scripture. “Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations in MY Name, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you.” (Shem Tov Hebrew Matthew 28:19)

Notice this scripture? “one Lord, one faith, one baptism;” (Ephesians 4:5)

When you add the surrounding scriptures, the one before and the one after verse 19, it all fits rather nicely doesn’t it? “Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given Me in heaven and on the earth. Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations in MY Name, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.” (Hebrew Matthew 28:18-20)

Are Jehovah’s Witnesses Christians? Questions? Ask.

pearl

Want more evidence of Scripture Tampering?? Catholic Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger: He makes this confession as to the origin of the chief Trinity text of Matthew 28:19. “The basic form of our (Matthew 28:19 Trinitarian) profession of faith took shape during the course of the second and third centuries in connection with the ceremony of baptism. So far as its place of origin is concerned, the text (Matthew 28:19) came from the city of Rome.” — Joseph Ratzinger (pope Benedict XVI) Introduction to Christianity: 1968 edition, pp. 82, 83.

And the text continues; "but the eternal origin lies in worship; more precisely, in the conferring of baptism. This again was fundamentally based on the words of the risen Christ recorded in Matthew 28:19; "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." In accordance with this injunction, three questions are put to the person to be baptized; "Do you believe in God the Father Almighty? Do you believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God...? Do you believe in the Holy Spirit...? ibib

The scripture at Matthew 28:19 today doesn’t read as it did in the first century. Matthew who was born of the Levi tribe, first wrote his book in his native tongue, (Hebrew).

This is not settled, there are many schools of thought. Papias Ca. 125 wrote, "Matthew arranged in order the sayings in the Hebrew language ,and each one interpreted/translated as he was able" The canonical Matthean Gospel exists in Greek-was Papias referring to a Semitic original from which it was translated? Three different observations point in that direction. (1) In antiquity there was a Jewish gospel probably in Aramaic used by Palestinian Christians and associated by the Church Fathers with Nazorean Jewish Christians, especially in the Aleppo area of Syria. References to this gospel rlate it closely to Matt; Jerome claimed that he translated it into Greek and at times he treats it most as if it were the Semitic original behind Matt. (2) There are medieval Hebrew form of Matt that most scholars think of as retroversions from the Greek of canonical Matt, often made to serve in arguments between Christians and Jews. However, some claim that these texts are a guide to the original Hebrew of Matt. (3) Still other scholars think they can reconstruct the original Hebrew or Aramaic underlying the whole or parts of the Greek text of canonical Matt on the assumption that the original was in Semitic."
source; 'Introduction to the NT'