• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A christian and lesbian wife?

I am a lesbian and am a practicing catholic: I want a wife with whom to make a journey of faith, love and spirituality.
Many lesbians and bisexuals are not Christian.
Where I can find her?
What contexts and associations?

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Is there some reason you cannot have a non-Christian spouse? (I mean, maybe the Church won't recognize or consecrate the relationship, but that shouldn't stop you.)

PeteC-UK

Hi Folks..

Surely - if one is Female - and marries - then they are a WIFE - and to be Wife at all they will be defined by their HUSBAND - for only a HUSBAND can make them to be an actual wife - logically - and if the union is woman to woman, or male to male for that matter - then neither are husband or wife at all - for that is not marriage at all, or as the religion states it not a Holy Matrimony - and each participant in such an arrangement is only a partner and cannot claim to be wife or husband - such arrangements are merely a "societal contract" anyway and nothing more..

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
I am a lesbian and am a practicing catholic: I want a wife with whom to make a journey of faith, love and spirituality.
Many lesbians and bisexuals are not Christian.
Where I can find her?
What contexts and associations?

Yeah, I think you've come to the wrong place. You want Plenty Of Fish or the Christian equivalent. Which would probably be Plenty of Fishers (of Men).

PeteC-UK

Hi Folks..

Kelly; lol - no youre not supposed to tell THAT god its business - youre supposed to OBEY that god without question...lol..

IT indeed, tells US what "our business" is to be - and as you mention it, and get me thinking, the obvious question has ot be asked - didnt this god who tells US what is permitted actually tell us already, such a union is to be MALE and female acccording TO its Will..?...

Curious - how do you reconcile this obvious truth with your statement above..?..

Etritonakin

Your life is none of my business -and your choices between you and God, but...

I would be curious to know what you believe Christ's views to be concerning lesbian marriage.

Also -if by "Christian", you mean the God and Christ of the bible -do you have any biblical reference to support those beliefs?

As I see it, the bible is rather clear about marriage being between a man and woman -and the only possible gray area would be in the case of some sort of actual intersexuality.

VioletVortex

Your life is none of my business -and your choices between you and God, but...

I would be curious to know what you believe Christ's views to be concerning lesbian marriage.

Also -if by "Christian", you mean the God and Christ of the bible -do you have any biblical reference to support those beliefs?

As I see it, the bible is rather clear about marriage being between a man and woman -and the only possible gray area would be in the case of some sort of actual intersexuality.

Yes, but at that time, homosexuality was extremely frowned upon by almost every civilization. Any kind of scripture written at that time would probably be against homosexuality. Marriage is a social concept, and thus, it is defined by ever changing social laws. Back then, the social laws happened to forbid homosexual behavior, and it was mentioned in the bible. Nowadays, the general consensus of society is different.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Yeah, I think you've come to the wrong place. You want Plenty Of Fish or the Christian equivalent. Which would probably be Plenty of Fishers (of Men).
I think she's asking for advice, which is quite valid on this forum. Just the wrong subforum for it. It really needs to be moved before it's further derailed with religious homophobia. We have dozens of threads about Christianity and homosexuality. It's beyond tired at this point.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Hi Folks..

Surely - if one is Female - and marries - then they are a WIFE - and to be Wife at all they will be defined by their HUSBAND - for only a HUSBAND can make them to be an actual wife - logically - and if the union is woman to woman, or male to male for that matter - then neither are husband or wife at all - for that is not marriage at all, or as the religion states it not a Holy Matrimony - and each participant in such an arrangement is only a partner and cannot claim to be wife or husband - such arrangements are merely a "societal contract" anyway and nothing more..
logically you do not have a leg to stand on.
Wife is a married woman.
that you choose to add extra baggage to the word is on you, not anyone else.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Only the mass.
I don't understand what you mean by this.

You only go to Mass, and are otherwise uninvolved in the parish? I don't know what you mean :shrug:

I have found that my involvement with doing charity work and showing up for events and generally being part of the community means acceptance. The Vatican notwithstanding, Catholics tend to be pragmatists. They're about community and service and family. They roll their eyes when the Pope says something dumb.
I get along with them just fine. My gay atheist worldview doesn't, but none of us care so it doesn't matter.
Tom

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Hi Folks..

Kelly; lol - no youre not supposed to tell THAT god its business - youre supposed to OBEY that god without question...lol..

IT indeed, tells US what "our business" is to be - and as you mention it, and get me thinking, the obvious question has ot be asked - didnt this god who tells US what is permitted actually tell us already, such a union is to be MALE and female acccording TO its Will..?...

Curious - how do you reconcile this obvious truth with your statement above..?..
When god shows up and tells US....