• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A choice between yourself and God.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Faith in God requires we glorify God which would make us belittle who and what we are to the degree we have failed our duty to God. Recognizing God means you see his favor overflowing and that any good you attained, you see it as a favor from him more then a praise belonging to you. While any evil you attain, you see it belong to you because you did despite his help and mercy and overflowing favor.

The Atheist on the other hand, he tends to not want to be at fault for not seeing God. Consequently, it must be God's fault and not evil on part of the Atheist. More over God being all powerful should make the world according to the desires of the Atheist. If he has not, and will not, he is evil.

If God exists, the Atheist tells himself, then heaven would be the destiny they will enter, no matter. This while people who have faith in God are ever afraid of hell and losing their faith in God from sins.

In short, the Atheist has chosen to glorify themselves, while the believers seek God's forgiveness and belittle themselves in themselves and glorify God's Majesty and Glory in themselves.

Orbit

I'm a planet
Faith in God requires we glorify God which would make us belittle who and what we are to the degree we have failed our duty to God. Recognizing God means you see his favor overflowing and that any good you attained, you see it as a favor from him more then a praise belonging to you. While any evil you attain, you see it belong to you because you did despite his help and mercy and overflowing favor.

The Atheist on the other hand, he tends to not want to be at fault for not seeing God. Consequently, it must be God's fault and not evil on part of the Atheist. More over God being all powerful should make the world according to the desires of the Atheist. If he has not, and will not, he is evil.

If God exists, the Atheist tells himself, then heaven would be the destiny they will enter, no matter. This while people who have faith in God are ever afraid of hell and losing their faith in God from sins.

In short, the Atheist has chosen to glorify themselves, while the believers seek God's forgiveness and belittle themselves in themselves and glorify God's Majesty and Glory in themselves.

Utter nonsense

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I'd imagine that would depend on which God, not all Gods required us humans to glorify them.

And, why pick on atheists? We're such a small group. Is it because of our limited numbers we are easy prey?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'd imagine that would depend on which God, not all Gods required us humans to glorify them.

The True God doesn't want to leave us to ourselves so for us not to make idols of what has little, no value or negative value. Instead if we recognize it, we will be free of need of all things and others and he suffices his worshipers.

As for what is the true God, it's the one you get to know through the means has has appointed, mainly his image, name, and holy spirit; the guide of our time.

It's the one you get to know through clear proofs.

And I don't pick on Atheists. I've criticized everyone who doesn't rely on God and his rope for guidance, and follow whims of people without proofs.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
The True God doesn't want to leave us to ourselves so for us not to make idols of what has little, no value or negative value. Instead if we recognize it, we will be free of need of all things and others and he suffices his worshipers.

As for what is the true God, it's the one you get to know through the means has has appointed, mainly his image, name, and holy spirit; the guide of our time.

It's the one you get to know through clear proofs.

And I don't pick on Atheists. I've criticized everyone who doesn't rely on God and his rope for guidance, and follow whims of people without proofs.

I've followed many Gods. They all felt true at the time. If we are just relying on image, name, and holy spirit, anyone of them would have been adequate as the True God.

By the way how many Gods did you try out before settling on your current one?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
this basically sets up a duality of a god creating evil from good and thus the otherness is not responsible for any goodness but only it's evil.

god is seen as this thing that one isn't capable of; so why bother trying? if god intended evil, then so be it as god has made it.

i can understand how only the whole is perfect and the sum of it's parts not being greater than the whole. but i can't see the sum of it's parts being totally evil and without the potential for good; which made them.

your god is intent on evil for only it's admiration.

a wholesome thing wouldn't need adulation from otherness.

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I've followed many Gods. They all felt true at the time. If we are just relying on image, name, and holy spirit, anyone of them would have been adequate as the True God.

By the way how many Gods did you try out before settling on your current one?

If you can't distinguish God's sword within yourself from the false ones, and you equate his scriptures with books that are not from him, and God himself can't guide you through his guidance and words, than, it's your fault. It's not God's fault.

You are saying you tried belief in God, but there is no trying, it's either you see God or you don't. If you tricked yourself into believing in God, that is not faith. Faith in the unseen signs of God means you are connected to God, his Glory, Majesty and are under the cool shadow of his and under his throne.

You see, to you, if you can't recognize the proper God, it must be God's fault. This while believers humbly ask God to recognize him, his light, his scriptures and guides and not deviate from his rope. They are linked together and there is no separating God from his Messengers.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
If you can't distinguish God's sword within yourself from the false ones, and you equate his scriptures with books that are not from him, and God himself can't guide you through his guidance and words, than, it's your fault. It's not God's fault.

You are saying you tried belief in God, but there is no trying, it's either you see God or you don't. If you tricked yourself into believing in God, that is not faith. Faith in the unseen signs of God means you are connected to God, his Glory, Majesty and are under the cool shadow of his and under his throne.

You see, to you, if you can't recognize the proper God, it must be God's fault. This while believers humbly ask God to recognize him, his light, his scriptures and guides and not deviate from his rope. They are linked together and there is no separating God from his Messengers.

Which messengers? There are many Krishna? Baha'u'llah? Joseph Smith? Do you follow all of the messengers from God or just a select few?

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them

Athiests don't believe in God. Thus they can't be at fault with God in their eyes. They can't believe God to be evil cuz God doesn't exist to them.

Lain

Choosing oneself over God is in my opinion the essence of sin. I think what St. Paul says applies: "from the creation of the world, his invisible attributes, both his eternal power and deity, are discerned clearly, being understood in the things created, so that they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their reasoning, and their senseless hearts were darkened."

Azrael Antilla

Or.

The atheist chooses to live for this world and this life that he/she does know, and not the next life no-one knows, no matter what the holy texts say, they were written by the living, not the dead.

If God requires the submission of my own will and unfettered adoration. I have to ask why. Did any of us ask to be created? What makes a God so worthy? Being all powerful? I don't see that as a reason to love or worship something. Send me to hell? No problem. I'd follow my loved ones wherever they go. None of them are or were Christians.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth

I glorify myself and I glorify my God(s). This does not involve belittling myself. It involves strengthening and empowering myself and my position in this world, and attuning my conscience to reflect the attributes of my God(s)... to fulfill my dreams and goals and ambitions, and to live my life in ways that resonate with my True Will.

Bird123

So you are telling me, God created so many children so they might belittle themselves?? Does this really sound like an Intelligent thing for God to do? Where is God's Higher Lever of Caring, Selflessness, and Unconditional Love?? What would that belittling choice be teaching God's children?? It certainly isn't goodness!!

Mankind values so many petty things like Ruling, Controlling, Belittling, Conquering, Anger, Wrath, Intimidating, and Coercing. This is reflected in mankind's religions.God is at that Higher Level above the anger and need for controlling that mankind desires.

God will teach all His children how to create that Heavenly state for themselves and others. This will be done all within Free Will. Only when it's within Free Will is the lesson going to stick.

You greatly underestimate God if you think Atheists are bothering God at all. On the other hand, many religious people get angry when they can not control the choices and actions of others.

If you free yourself from all those control issues, life will be better for you and those around you. Hold fast to the petty things of controlling, ruling, anger, and such and you will be choosing hard lessons for yourself when it all returns to show you what your actions and choices really mean.

Don't you see? God's system works regardless of Beliefs. Your beliefs do not matter. It's your choices that count. It doesn't matter what everyone else chooses. It's what you choose to do that will generate the lessons that return.

All those petty things mankind holds so dear can generate some hard lessons. Still, it is your free will to choose every single one of them. On the other hand, one can choose to make things easier by making Higher Level choices. Let the goodness return instead.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!