• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Children's Book

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I'm writing a children's book with my father based on an Inuit legend. I've actually reversed the Inuit legend, however, much as someone reversed the story of the "Three Little Pigs". We've got a lot of it worked out, but we need illustrations. Would anyone here like to draw for the book? I'll credit those who draw in the book, but I don't think I can provide a percentage of the profits to everyone who draws in it. In light of this, I'd provide the normal percentage of profits attributed to the illustrator to RF.

Any volunteers?

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
The beginning of the book about the legend by Robert Munsch and Michael Kusugak:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1550370081/ref=sib_fs_top/002-9247797-0207238?%5Fencoding=UTF8&p=S008&checkSum=5nNcq4voeERSTaFG98h1MlzIiKxV0PNaL47BBSnMDn8%3D#reader-page

I intend to flip the story around, doing it from the Qallupilluiq point of view, and placing the human's as the bad ones.

I searched long and hard for the original legend, but have, as yet, been unable to find it. I'll contact Michael Kusugak (whom I have met personally) and ask him if he knows it. I'll also visit the Elder's Home, as someone there likely knows it. I hope to do a series of these books based on legends.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Sounds Good Dru; I would offer to draw if I could, but I am absolutely rubbish at drawing!:D Good luck with the book though!;)

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Hey Druidus , long time no see . Good to see you . :)

Best of luck with the book . I assume that you have asked premission to use the story ? It would only be respectful you know . ;)

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Sounds a great project
I hope you find someone wilth a true.feel for the subject

Terry____________________-
Blessed are the gentle, they shall inherit the land

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What sort of pictures. While my art is usually more gothic and macabre themed, I might be able to come up with something that won't give little kids nightmares.