• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Child Occupies The White House — And The World Knows It

Skwim

Veteran Member

By Patti Davis, daughter of Ronald and Nancy Reagan.

"There is an inherently parental role to being president of the United States. The person holding that office is supposed to know more than we do about dangers facing the country and the world, and is entrusted with making the appropriate decisions to keep us safe and secure. The president is supposed to keep us from falling. What happens when the president is the biggest child in the room — any room? It upends the natural order of things as surely as if a child’s parents started throwing tantrums and talking like a second-grader.

I’m not sure the country has fully comprehended the damage being done by a president who misbehaves so frequently, it’s a news story when he doesn’t. Globally, the United States has lost its power, its aura of seriousness and decisiveness that once made autocrats hesitate before crossing us. Now we are a country that can’t seem to stand up to a ruler who orders the murder and dismemberment of a dissident who was a legal U.S. resident or call out Russia’s intrusion into America’s democratic process. Children know how to scream and sulk; they don’t know how to take control and restore order. They don’t know how to plot out a responsible position and then act on it. A child occupies the White House, and the world knows it.

A friend’s young son thought it was really funny when the president called someone “Horseface.” He giggled when he saw the president on TV telling a reporter that her question was “stupid” and that all her questions are stupid. Nine-year-olds should be able to look up to the president of the United States, not feel that the president is one of them.

Immaturity in adults has serious consequences. My friend, the author Marianne Williamson, once said, “Adults who behave like children do adult damage.” We’re starting to see some of that damage, most recently at the southern border. This president has slammed shut America’s door as loudly as a petulant child slams his bedroom door and shouts, “Go away.” The result is that thousands of migrants are living in squalid conditions just beyond the U.S. border, trying to keep babies from getting sick. This is adult damage, and there will be more."
source

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Send them to Auntie Canada. Uncle Mexico said he would take them in . But you know how children are when it comes to Grandma who always gives most of the toys out.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
The only child residing in the White House is Barron Trump, whose genius level I.Q. is 146; He might just turn out to be as brilliant as his father.

iq-score-barron-trump.jpg

Earthling

David Henson
Oh, come on now! Patti Davis of all people. The "Gipper" was a caricature himself. Hardly the far more dangerous but intellectually mature Henry Kissenger. And G.W. Bush, the most educated U.S. president, was an idiot. His father said "if the American people ever find out what we have done, they would chase us down the street and lynch us." Not to mention what his father and grandfather did! Greedy treasonous ********.

Monty Python had a joke about Nixon which somehow seems relevant . . .

"Nixon's had an *** hole transplant. The *** hole has rejected him."

I mean . . . it's all just a distraction. An obfuscation of the truth behind the curtain.

Earthling

David Henson
The only child residing in the White House is Barron Trump, whose genius level I.Q. is 146; He might just turn out to be as brilliant as his father.

iq-score-barron-trump.jpg

If you can judge a book by it's cover the kid seems to be a great deal brighter than his father, not that I don't think his father is all that bright, he just has a direct approach that seems so refreshing in light of all of the political corruption. But corruption is a political necessity as well as in business, for the most part.

IQ means nothing - compare the IQ of the late Stephen Hawking and the actor James Woods.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Well there's also Kid President who was the most mature of them all.

(And yes I give Obama a double thumbs up and seal of approval for this.)

JJ50

By Patti Davis, daughter of Ronald and Nancy Reagan.

"There is an inherently parental role to being president of the United States. The person holding that office is supposed to know more than we do about dangers facing the country and the world, and is entrusted with making the appropriate decisions to keep us safe and secure. The president is supposed to keep us from falling. What happens when the president is the biggest child in the room — any room? It upends the natural order of things as surely as if a child’s parents started throwing tantrums and talking like a second-grader.

I’m not sure the country has fully comprehended the damage being done by a president who misbehaves so frequently, it’s a news story when he doesn’t. Globally, the United States has lost its power, its aura of seriousness and decisiveness that once made autocrats hesitate before crossing us. Now we are a country that can’t seem to stand up to a ruler who orders the murder and dismemberment of a dissident who was a legal U.S. resident or call out Russia’s intrusion into America’s democratic process. Children know how to scream and sulk; they don’t know how to take control and restore order. They don’t know how to plot out a responsible position and then act on it. A child occupies the White House, and the world knows it.

A friend’s young son thought it was really funny when the president called someone “Horseface.” He giggled when he saw the president on TV telling a reporter that her question was “stupid” and that all her questions are stupid. Nine-year-olds should be able to look up to the president of the United States, not feel that the president is one of them.

Immaturity in adults has serious consequences. My friend, the author Marianne Williamson, once said, “Adults who behave like children do adult damage.” We’re starting to see some of that damage, most recently at the southern border. This president has slammed shut America’s door as loudly as a petulant child slams his bedroom door and shouts, “Go away.” The result is that thousands of migrants are living in squalid conditions just beyond the U.S. border, trying to keep babies from getting sick. This is adult damage, and there will be more."
source

The behaviour of Trump is more like that of a dangerous psycho/sociopath rather than a child, imo.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Boy, there is some serious, industrial-level delusion working at most of the replies to the OP.

It is scary. Fantasyworld is a poor substitute to reality, guys.

Send them to Auntie Canada. Uncle Mexico said he would take them in . But you know how children are when it comes to Grandma who always gives most of the toys out.
Don't saddle your neighbors with your childish mistakes any more than you already did, will you?

youknowme

Whatever you want me to be.
So looking around on the net I have not found anything to substantiate that Barron Trump has an IQ of 146. The claim that Barron Trump has an IQ of 146 seems to be completely made up and may have originated from a false claim that he was a Chess Grandmaster. I have not found any evidence of an actual IQ test being done.

FACT CHECK: Is Barron Trump a Chess Grandmaster?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
This thread demonstrates exactly why Trump's base tolerates his behavior; it's because they can relate. Maturity and integrity aren't important to those who lack it themselves.

Last edited: