• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A challenge to all Christians

Muffled

Jesus in me
If I may say, That of Romans 6:23 is two folded. It can be taken as a literal death of a person.
But it can be taken in pointing to someone also.

"For the wages of sin is _______ ?

I believe when some people have been wronged they have become cold hearted. The sin of unforgiveness leads to a deadness in the person's spirit.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I was lazy. :) Got this from Google, I'll search for the ones I saved tomorrow.

250px-Seti1a.jpg

From the tomb of Seti 1.

"The tribe of Ioud or the Brahmin Abraham, left the Maturea of the kingdom of Oude in India and, settling in Goshen, or the house of the Sun or Heliopolis in Egypt, gave it the name of the place which they had left in India, Maturea." (Anacalypsis; Vol. I, p. 405.)

"...These Jews are derived from the Indian philosophers; they are named by the Indians Calani." Josephus (37 - 100 A.D.), (Book I:22.)

Somehow I fail to believe the Egyptians had the word Brahmin in their language. It sounds like a translation problem to me and likely the India allusion falls into the same category.

DennisTate

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Adam and Eve are dead, so God was right, he didn't say when they would die, he said they would die, and they did.
..... and since the word "day" can refer to a one thousand year period of time........
the fact that they died within one millennium is relevant as well.....

2Peter 3:8

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

Faithofchristian

..... and since the word "day" can refer to a one thousand year period of time........
the fact that they died within one millennium is relevant as well.....

2Peter 3:8

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

The day here that Peter is in referring to, is the day of the Lord, Which is 2nd coming of Christ Jesus.

As John wrote in Revelation 1:10, John was in the spirit being taken to the day of the Lord's 2nd coming of Christ Jesus, was showed everything that was being transpired from his time all the way up to the 2nd coming of Christ Jesus, Which is the day of the Lord Christ Jesus.