• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Call to Arms

Tmac

The internet forums are breeding grounds for Posers. I use it think that it was okay, at least they could exercise this repressed side of themselves but all too soon they get swept up in the power of being able to say anything with inpunity.
Now I can safely say we were all born into this world and all of these beliefs were sitting there waiting for each of us. Some were indoctrinated at an early age, these people believe they are right and everyone else wrong, how could they not, they were told it was true by people they trusted. And then there are people who ricochet off to other religions or spend the rest of their lives fighting for their doubts, only to become their version of Ensign Pulver in the movie "Mr. Roberts".
Where are the people who are not afraid of their imagination, who can look at beliefs objectively so that we can build upon them. Who respect death but don't fear it, who know life is theirs and theirs alone?

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Remember of course that Ensign Pulver finally finds himself and started to live out his beliefs:

"Captain, it is I, Ensign Pulver, and I just threw your stinkin' palm tree overboard! Now what's all this crud about no movie tonight?"

Movie note: Jimmy Cagney found Jack Lemmon so entertaining that he would break up laughing after Lemmon delivered his lines...The deck scene where Captain Morton meets Pulver for the first time took the better part of a day to film, and many, many takes to get the proper expression and amount of time on Cagney's face for the final scene, before he would break into laughter...

Tmac

Remember of course that Ensign Pulver finally finds himself and started to live out his beliefs:

"Captain, it is I, Ensign Pulver, and I just threw your stinkin' palm tree overboard! Now what's all this crud about no movie tonight?"

Movie note: Jimmy Cagney found Jack Lemmon so entertaining that he would break up laughing after Lemmon delivered his lines...The deck scene where Captain Morton meets Pulver for the first time took the better part of a day to film, and many, many takes to get the proper expression and amount of time on Cagney's face for the final scene, before he would break into laughter...

only after reading the news that Mr. Roberts had died. The king is dead, long live the king. Are you one of those of whom I search?

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
only after reading the news that Mr. Roberts had died. The king is dead, long live the king. Are you one of those of whom I search?
you mean:
Where are the people who are not afraid of their imagination, who can look at beliefs objectively so that we can build upon them. Who respect death but don't fear it, who know life is theirs and theirs alone?
?
Well, let's see:
1) imagination runs wild...insanity doesn't just run in my family, it practically gallops!:D
2) Not sure I look at them objectively, but I can entertain an idea without adopting it as my own.
3) I don't so much fear death as fear the loss of this life...a time will come, of course, but I follow Woody Allen on this...
4) Well, my life is my own, but everyone's life is their own, which means sometimes we're in a positive relationship, sometimes a negative relationship, and mostly not in any relationship at all...;)

Tmac

you mean:
?
Well, let's see:
1) imagination runs wild...insanity doesn't just run in my family, it practically gallops!:D
2) Not sure I look at them objectively, but I can entertain an idea without adopting it as my own.
3) I don't so much fear death as fear the loss of this life...a time will come, of course, but I follow Woody Allen on this...
4) Well, my life is my own, but everyone's life is their own, which means sometimes we're in a positive relationship, sometimes a negative relationship, and mostly not in any relationship at all...;)

Are you upset because I didn't want to be social, looks as though you really didn't want to be either.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Are you upset because I didn't want to be social, looks as though you really didn't want to be either.
Ehh...What???

You didn't want to be social? Then why would you start a thread asking for feedback from the denizens of RF? And I'm not exactly sure why you think I don't want to be social...after all, I responded to your post...

I don't think it matters when/where/why/how someone realizes they need to match belief with deed...and if they haven't yet, I'm not here to judge them, maybe only point it out if we interact...

As it was, I don't know if you think I'm a poser or one of whatever it is you're looking for, so I provided responses to what appear to be your questions.

Now if somehow I missed your point, well, sorry about that...