• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Bunch of Reasons Why I Question Noah's Flood Story:

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Science Mr human know it all said I know why the heavens flood.

It saves human life from the gases that occult science caused to extra burn. In the heavens.

The ground gets flooded as stone was originally sealed by water. In radiation converting.

I forced it to release radiation unnaturally so stone has to reseal itself. Why science causes flooding.

Yet origin stone created first formed as stone in the nothing empty cold of space. As space pressure and extreme cold.

Says to everyone I want in new science all origins.

Tells everyone what he wants.

Not the water sealed God stone he wants the coldest nothing seal of stone. Just empty space.

Coercive let's argue daily and I will take you off topic coercer. Seen in action everyday says but earth was never flooded over its mountains. Knowing it never was historically.

Why brother?

How else did I know water flood pressure on mass mountain tip mass above water UFO converting?

Mountain tip involving water cooling plus applied pressure capped and pressure plated pyramid theme?

I am a liar actually in science history.

I knew

I knew I caused mountain tip UFO fallout attack and life attacked causing flooding. My temple transmitting was built in the mountains.

I knew stone mass changed fusion and pressure in stone collapsed pyramids and mountain mass disintegrated. Knew. Saw it occur.

As mass lost cold fused radiation support as I released it.

It burns cold non burning gas in stone twice. Once to release radiation inside fusion. Second to allow radiation to be released out.

How I formed new sink holes.

Tomb as stone emptied out of its deceased cold not alive gas.
Well that clears it all up.

Sinkholes are solution-formed features in what is known as karst topography. Slightly acidic water dissolves limestone and dolostone, carrying it away in solution. Caverns form as a result and where their ceilings touch the surface, and that surface weakens and collapses, sinkholes are formed. But never mind the facts, I want to hear more about these UFO's.

74x12

Why did you adopt creationism in the first place? Who told you out was true? Even Jews don't interpret Genesis literally, and it's their book.
First of all not all Jews will agree with you on that. In fact some do take it literally.

As for it being their book ... I believe it's God's book.

As for why I take it as a literal flood story; that's because of evidence. Besides there is no reason to take it as purely symbolic although symbolism is involved.

F1fan

Veteran Member
First of all not all Jews will agree with you on that. In fact some do take it literally.
Really, that's funny. It must be a small, fringe element. But irrelevant. Genesis isn't interpreted literally by Jews.

Nope, it's the Jew's book. Christians abducted it and changed many of the meanings. That's why there are still Jews, and they don't agree with what Christians did with it.

As for why I take it as a literal flood story; that's because of evidence. Besides there is no reason to take it as purely symbolic although symbolism is involved.
There is no evidence. That's why science is superior and doesn't back up your interpretation.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
LOL...who said? Maybe it could explain why Genesis says that it had never rained before the flood. The water canopy would have evened out earths temperatures and made it like a hot house where living things would thrive in that warm moist atmosphere. They have dug up palm trees in the permafrost in Siberia.....how could that be? And Mammoths with grass still in their mouths, snap frozen....can science explain that?
You said. The explanations I have read from actual scientists that know a thing or two about pressure and temperature say it would be more than a hothouse. It would have been a soup caldron.

The continents were not always in their present location either and palm trees indicate other things besides a magical ocean in the sky.

This is what your faith in God is reduced to? :facepalm:
You think that humans know all there is to know about science? Good grief! Humans know nothing compared to what the Creator knows.....you have your faith in the wrong people. You will find out soon enough though I guess.
My faith in God is not reduced to anything of the sort. It is a realistic response to your reliance on speculation and the fact that it is obvious your knowledge of science is more in the vein of Marvel Comics than in Science 101.
There were reasons for the flood that probably escape you because you never really bothered to find out about the details supplied in Genesis and the rest of the Bible. It all makes perfect sense to me and to millions of others who don't need to hedge their bets and have a foot in both camps.....
Lots of things make sense to you that defy logic. Like the risk of death exposing children to disease is better than the lesser risk of taking vaccines for those diseases. I don't have a foot in both camps. I just don't deny God's other Word. The natural world.

Yes, I do know that.....its a unique principle of water to float when its frozen, when everything other liquid sinks. Can you tell me why its a good thing in connection with the polar ice caps? What would have happened to the waters under the ice that teem with life if the frozen waters had sunk to the bottom? Think about it....
confused0006.gif
Another yellow face. That'll show me who is correct. The polar ice caps would not exist as they do now if there was a flood of water covering the entire earth. That ice floats and that fact seems to escape you. You like to post facts that are irrelevant to the discussion and then harumph proudly as if you did something.
If earth's climate was more uniform with that water canopy in place, and all of a sudden the roof was lifted off the hot house, what do you think would have happened? Open to the elements now, the only place that would be uniformly warm would be the equator, and with the earth's tilt, whatever hemisphere was closest to the sun. The polar regions would instantly freeze and with the magnetic pull of the poles, the water would have been drawn up and frozen in place.
It is difficult for me to speculate on something that doesn't exist and events that there is no evidence ever took place. But you have come up with something completely implausible and in defiance of the evidence and physics. Hoorah!
Makes sense to me, especially when I see all the warnings about those ice caps melting and inundating the whole earth.
With your expressed knowledge of science, a flood chickens probably makes sense to you.
Above Mt Everest? probably not, but what about the poor souls who might seek refuge there trying to live in that hostile environment and getting enough to eat.....it would be the end of all life.
The most skilled mountaineers with the best equipment can do the assent in about 40 hours tops. You think that people were making use of that to escape the flood. By the point that they could they would have been bashed to pieces by the immense power of the waves. It would have been the end of all life. Scientists estimate that there are 8.7 million species of plants on earth. Somehow they all managed to survive in defiance of God if your flood belief is true.
I don't think you have properly evaluated what you have said....but then you haven't done that with a lot of things that are part and parcel of Christianity.....
You never evaluate what you say. You just charge on into subjects you know nothing about as if you were a world authority.

What's fascinating is your complete ignorance of the God you claim to worship.
What is fascinating is that you think you don't have that ignorance.
Jesus said it happened.....and said we would live in a parallel time when he was due to return....are you calling him a liar? :shrug:
Have I made that sort of mendacious claim about your faith? No. Never. I refuse to do that.
How can you call yourself a Christian if you can't even believe what he said?
Again, I refuse to sink to this level. You apparently are not made of ice. Since the first post of mine that you responded to, you have shown a propensity to avoid questions that you should be able to answer, but cannot and turn everything into a personal attack on the person asking them or pointing out the flaws in your very flawed thinking and claims. I choose to address only what you claim and leave it to God to determine the strength of your faith.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
LOL...who said? Maybe it could explain why Genesis says that it had never rained before the flood. The water canopy would have evened out earths temperatures and made it like a hot house where living things would thrive in that warm moist atmosphere. They have dug up palm trees in the permafrost in Siberia.....how could that be? And Mammoths with grass still in their mouths, snap frozen....can science explain that?

You think that humans know all there is to know about science? Good grief! Humans know nothing compared to what the Creator knows.....you have your faith in the wrong people. You will find out soon enough though I guess.

There were reasons for the flood that probably escape you because you never really bothered to find out about the details supplied in Genesis and the rest of the Bible. It all makes perfect sense to me and to millions of others who don't need to hedge their bets and have a foot in both camps.....

Yes, I do know that.....its a unique principle of water to float when its frozen, when everything other liquid sinks. Can you tell me why its a good thing in connection with the polar ice caps? What would have happened to the waters under the ice that teem with life if the frozen waters had sunk to the bottom? Think about it....
confused0006.gif

If earth's climate was more uniform with that water canopy in place, and all of a sudden the roof was lifted off the hot house, what do you think would have happened? Open to the elements now, the only place that would be uniformly warm would be the equator, and with the earth's tilt, whatever hemisphere was closest to the sun. The polar regions would instantly freeze and with the magnetic pull of the poles, the water would have been drawn up and frozen in place.
Makes sense to me, especially when I see all the warnings about those ice caps melting and inundating the whole earth.
Above Mt Everest? probably not, but what about the poor souls who might seek refuge there trying to live in that hostile environment and getting enough to eat.....it would be the end of all life.

I don't think you have properly evaluated what you have said....but then you haven't done that with a lot of things that are part and parcel of Christianity.....

Jesus said it happened.....and said we would live in a parallel time when he was due to return....are you calling him a liar? :shrug:
Do you have any evidence for an ocean of water in the sky?

Do you have any evidence that would indicate that the flood water is now the icecaps.

Do you any evidence that the climate was uniform up until the alleged time of the flood?

I would say NO, since you spent most of your post demeaning and mean-mouthing me.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member

What evidence?

Clara Tea

God could overcome all arguments. If an animal was hungry, food would be zapped into its belly. If a fearsome lion was next to a lamb, God could zap them into friendship.

If you worry that 6,000,000 year old dinosaur bones prove that the earth is older than 6,000 years, God could change perceptions or realities.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
So, what's your point? Do you want to say:

1 - you don't believe in Noah and the flood?
2 - you don't believe in ALL the bible?
3 - you don't believe in God and that by magic the universe appeared out of nothing and for no reason?
I think he has made his point. There is no evidence that supports a global flood as it is described in Genesis. I have been in this debate for over 30 years and I have seen no evidence that supports the claim of a global flood. I have seen valid and well-supported papers by physicists and geologist that demonstrate that it could not have occurred based on what we know of physics. Borrowing some radically unexpected and unprecedented discovery that our entire understanding of physics is so flawed to the point it is useless, these papers remain unrefuted.

Being a Christian, I am left with a couple of options. I can deny God. Or struggle with the idea that God said one thing and then made the world to look like another. In essence, is lying. Or I can deny reality and try to force the Bible to fit with whatever reality I will accept. Or I can accept that the brain and gift of intelligence that God gave me is valid and that there are some parts of the Bible that are not meant to be taken literally.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I think he has made his point. There is no evidence that supports a global flood as it is described in Genesis. I have been in this debate for over 30 years and I have seen no evidence that supports the claim of a global flood. I have seen valid and well-supported papers by physicists and geologist that demonstrate that it could not have occurred based on what we know of physics. Borrowing some radically unexpected and unprecedented discovery that our entire understanding of physics is so flawed to the point it is useless, these papers remain unrefuted.

Being a Christian, I am left with a couple of options. I can deny God. Or struggle with the idea that God said one thing and then made the world to look like another. In essence, is lying. Or I can deny reality and try to force the Bible to fit with whatever reality I will accept. Or I can accept that the brain and gift of intelligence that God gave me is valid and that there are some parts of the Bible that are not meant to be taken literally.
I think Christianity has a hard time with it's conceptual structure. The tradition of belief is that much of the concepts are to be interpreted as real or true and not merely symbolic. But I think it can only make sense symbolically. It would be much easier on believers to not struggle with what's supposed to be true and what symbolic.

PruePhillip

Why do you say 'global' ??

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Why do you say 'global' ??
It is what the Bible indicates. Personally, I think the Noah story was based on a real flood, but one of local/regional scale and not the entire world. It just sort of got bigger with each retelling in oral tradition before what appear are two versions were written down as one.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
I think Christianity has a hard time with it's conceptual structure. The tradition of belief is that much of the concepts are to be interpreted as real or true and not merely symbolic. But I think it can only make sense symbolically. It would be much easier on believers to not struggle with what's supposed to be true and what symbolic.
I know a lot of Christians that do not view it as literal and some that do. More often it is believed as a literal event in the more fundamentalist forms of Christianity.

King Phenomenon

confused0006.gif

Many claim to. Many claim that it was a real event just as it is described in the Bible.
Nope

PruePhillip

It is what the Bible indicates. Personally, I think the Noah story was based on a real flood, but one of local/regional scale and not the entire world. It just sort of got bigger with each retelling in oral tradition before what appear are two versions were written down as one.

Please consider - there was no 'global' in 'biblical' times.
There was no idea of such things.
When it says in the Gospels that the 'whole world was taxed' that meant a different
world again. It meant the Roman Empire - not even the Parthian Empire, or Africa,
or China or beyond Germania.
'World' meant different things at different times. Sometime 'world' meant different
thing at the same time.
I hold that Noah was Sumerian and refers to something local.

King Phenomenon

When it says in the Gospels that the 'whole world was taxed' that meant a different
world again. It meant the Roman Empire - not even the Parthian Empire, or Africa,
'World' meant different things at different times. Sometime 'world' meant different
thing at the same time.
Must’ve been a little sprinkle
Hahaha

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
thing at the same time.
I can only go with what the Bible claims and what others claim about it. I already accept that what they called the "whole world" was only their little piece of it. But a literal view means a literal view for many. You are providing an argument for something I already consider as a valid interpretation of the Bible that does not demand that you literally think that the entire world is what is meant by those passages talking about the world. But again, the Bible says world and many people literally believe it was the entire world.