• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Bunch of Reasons Why I Question Noah's Flood Story:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Maybe it was many times longer ago.

Maybe it effected radio isotope dating so it wasn't detected.
Did it ever occur to the flood deniers that a canopy of water, mentioned in Genesis was suspended high above the earth's atmosphere (by the word of God, so no known scientific principal need apply) and may have prevented radiation in today's measure from reaching the earth's surface? That would mean that the radio-carbon content in the rocks would not have been as constant as science assumes.

It would also explain a reason for why there are polar ice caps holding vast amounts of water even today. As global warming sees the melting of those ice caps and inundation already affecting some island nations, we should not dismiss these ice caps as the repository for the flood waters....it had to go somewhere. Right?

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
Did it ever occur to the flood deniers that a canopy of water, mentioned in Genesis was suspended high above the earth's atmosphere (by the word of God, so no known scientific principal need apply) and may have prevented radiation in today's measure from reaching the earth's surface? That would mean that the radio-carbon content in the rocks would not have been as constant as science assumes.

It would also explain a reason for why there are polar ice caps holding vast amounts of water even today. As global warming sees the melting of those ice caps and inundation already affecting some island nations, we should not dismiss these ice caps as the repository for the flood waters....it had to go somewhere. Right?
Of course, you can always fall back on God did it. Is there evidence of this canopy of water? According to the evaluations I have seen, this would have induced pressures and temperatures on the earth that would have been unlivable.

Why couldn't God have just placed magic bubbles around all the people and animals He wanted to save? Why not provide them with an underwater city to ride out the flood? If you are going to resort to magic, why just go with that?

The polar icecaps would have broken free and floated from their current positions in a global flood. You do know that ice floats right?

Science doesn't matter in one instance and then you appeal to it in another. Fascinating.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

Do you really think there is enough water in the icecaps to raise sea level above Mount Everest? Really?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Do you really think there is enough water in the icecaps to raise sea level above Mount Everest? Really?
Also the polar icecaps are dated by more than one overlapping dating methods. I am not sure if radiocarbon is used or not, but it would be used in only the youngest layers of ice. The oldest ice is over 200,000 years old. In fact let me check:

sks_co2_400kyr_850.jpg

There is ice older than 400,000 years. That means that the icecaps have been there longer than modern man has existed.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

Radio carbon dating is not used to date rocks.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
It can be used for just the youngest layers of ice. But since the ice sheets have existed for up to 400,000 years and more it even if the carbon dates were off it would not affect the other ones.

How are ice cores dated? - AntarcticGlaciers.org
There was a fellow I knew and you may recall him too, by the name of Tangled Bank, that had a list of the accumulated evidence against a global flood. It was very well-written and thought out. I wish I had access to his list, but alas, that is no longer available to us. I suppose I will have to make my own.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Science Mr human know it all said I know why the heavens flood.

It saves human life from the gases that occult science caused to extra burn. In the heavens.

The ground gets flooded as stone was originally sealed by water. In radiation converting.

I forced it to release radiation unnaturally so stone has to reseal itself. Why science causes flooding.

Yet origin stone created first formed as stone in the nothing empty cold of space. As space pressure and extreme cold.

Says to everyone I want in new science all origins.

Tells everyone what he wants.

Not the water sealed God stone he wants the coldest nothing seal of stone. Just empty space.

Coercive let's argue daily and I will take you off topic coercer. Seen in action everyday says but earth was never flooded over its mountains. Knowing it never was historically.

Why brother?

How else did I know water flood pressure on mass mountain tip mass above water UFO converting?

Mountain tip involving water cooling plus applied pressure capped and pressure plated pyramid theme?

I am a liar actually in science history.

I knew

I knew I caused mountain tip UFO fallout attack and life attacked causing flooding. My temple transmitting was built in the mountains.

I knew stone mass changed fusion and pressure in stone collapsed pyramids and mountain mass disintegrated. Knew. Saw it occur.

As mass lost cold fused radiation support as I released it.

It burns cold non burning gas in stone twice. Once to release radiation inside fusion. Second to allow radiation to be released out.

How I formed new sink holes.

Tomb as stone emptied out of its deceased cold not alive gas.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Well I think you can question the Bible and you should; but it will be found true you just have to dig deeper and you'll find the answers. I know I can't answer all questions already; but I can trust what I've already learned and that's enough to convince me. I build on what I know and I learn more.

I think a lot of your doubts about the flood can be answered with a bit of thinking or research. But we creationists can't be expected to discard our belief in the scriptures just because we can't answer every single doubt or question that may arise. Because as I said we're already convinced based on other things we've learned.
Why did you adopt creationism in the first place? Who told you out was true? Even Jews don't interpret Genesis literally, and it's their book.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Of course, you can always fall back on God did it. Is there evidence of this canopy of water? According to the evaluations I have seen, this would have induced pressures and temperatures on the earth that would have been unlivable.

LOL...who said? Maybe it could explain why Genesis says that it had never rained before the flood. The water canopy would have evened out earths temperatures and made it like a hot house where living things would thrive in that warm moist atmosphere. They have dug up palm trees in the permafrost in Siberia.....how could that be? And Mammoths with grass still in their mouths, snap frozen....can science explain that?

Why couldn't God have just placed magic bubbles around all the people and animals He wanted to save? Why not provide them with an underwater city to ride out the flood? If you are going to resort to magic, why just go with that?
This is what your faith in God is reduced to? :facepalm:
You think that humans know all there is to know about science? Good grief! Humans know nothing compared to what the Creator knows.....you have your faith in the wrong people. You will find out soon enough though I guess.

There were reasons for the flood that probably escape you because you never really bothered to find out about the details supplied in Genesis and the rest of the Bible. It all makes perfect sense to me and to millions of others who don't need to hedge their bets and have a foot in both camps.....

The polar icecaps would have broken free and floated from their current positions in a global flood. You do know that ice floats right?
Yes, I do know that.....its a unique principle of water to float when its frozen, when everything other liquid sinks. Can you tell me why its a good thing in connection with the polar ice caps? What would have happened to the waters under the ice that teem with life if the frozen waters had sunk to the bottom? Think about it....
confused0006.gif

If earth's climate was more uniform with that water canopy in place, and all of a sudden the roof was lifted off the hot house, what do you think would have happened? Open to the elements now, the only place that would be uniformly warm would be the equator, and with the earth's tilt, whatever hemisphere was closest to the sun. The polar regions would instantly freeze and with the magnetic pull of the poles, the water would have been drawn up and frozen in place.
Makes sense to me, especially when I see all the warnings about those ice caps melting and inundating the whole earth.
Above Mt Everest? probably not, but what about the poor souls who might seek refuge there trying to live in that hostile environment and getting enough to eat.....it would be the end of all life.

I don't think you have properly evaluated what you have said....but then you haven't done that with a lot of things that are part and parcel of Christianity.....

Science doesn't matter in one instance and then you appeal to it in another. Fascinating.
What's fascinating is your complete ignorance of the God you claim to worship.
Jesus said it happened.....and said we would live in a parallel time when he was due to return....are you calling him a liar? :shrug:
How can you call yourself a Christian if you can't even believe what he said?