• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Bug for Dan

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I don't think of it as sad at all. A hero, real or imagined is supposed to influence us to be better and follow our hearts.

It's also not PC now, thinking of it as an unexplored land was wrong, it had been occupied and explored for 60,000 years.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I'm just seeing how to post pics now. It's a photo of a swarm of red shouldered leaf beetles that were attacking a tree in the backyard, they nearly stripped it in an hour. It's a dud pic. Turf Finder | Red-Shouldered Leaf Beetle | Turf Finder

DSCN6530.JPG

exchemist

Veteran Member

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I'm getting the question mark in the blue square for these pics - can't see them.

Can other people see them OK, or is this an issue with the new forum software?

@Debater Slayer , you may want to see responses to this.

It's the upgrade, all pics previous to it seem to be gone.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm getting the question mark in the blue square for these pics - can't see them.

Can other people see them OK, or is this an issue with the new forum software?

@Debater Slayer , you may want to see responses to this.

This is happening with older attachments. I'm not sure why, but it's something we're aware of.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Let me try something.

1678059827282.png

tlc.shutterstock_110694392.png

Well that answers my question. I did a copy and paste and also copied a url and used the image button. Both obviously worked.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
@Dan From Smithville I think this is a type of Abispa, Australian Potter Wasp, maybe Abispa Australiana. It hangs around the bird bath and was easy to photograph because it only lands for a split second.

View attachment 73420View attachment 73421
I think this one deserves more than one rating!

I've a fondness for a winged thing that sting.

I suppose that subconsciously, that may have influenced my desire to wed.

Very nice pictures.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Your damselflies look like our damselflies and probably like damselfly species everywhere. Identification of insects can be challenging, but some groups are more so than others.

It is a challenge I have accepted in trying to know the species that surround me.

I think that is an added enjoyment to see others with the same interest. Most people don't notice to even know what they are missing out on.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Your damselflies look like our damselflies and probably like damselfly species everywhere. Identification of insects can be challenging, but some groups are more so than others.

It is a challenge I have accepted in trying to know the species that surround me.

I think that is an added enjoyment to see others with the same interest. Most people don't notice to even know what they are missing out on.

I learnt the difference between damselflies and dragonflies yesterday. Prior to that I thought everything was a dragonfly.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
I learnt the difference between damselflies and dragonflies yesterday. Prior to that I thought everything was a dragonfly.
That's great! The dragonflies, being generally the larger, with the more visible characters are much easier to identify in the field. But those little guys are much more challenging. There seem to be a lot of local field guides available or coming available to help with both.

That has always been my problem though. I can't know everything, but I try anyway.