• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Bountiful Interview With Beckysoup

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Welcome to the Interview Forum, Becky! Viewers, today we have with us Beckysoup, femme of the Forum extraordinaire. As one of the leading posters, Becky is well known on the Forum, but today we'll be going beneath the surface, we'll be diving into the very depths of Becky's crockpot to come up with the meat and vegitables of her. On with the interview questions then!

Becky, I confess I have a great deal of admiration for your seeking wisdom from all sources, most recently Buddhism. Just what is it about Buddhism that most attracts you to it?

What is the title and subject of the most recent book you've been reading in Buddhism?

Would you recommend the book to others, and if so, why?

What's your favorite bookstore and why is it your favorite?

Does your husband keep up with your readings in wisdom literature?

When was the last time you went out to a movie and what did you see besides couples kissing in the back row?

Do you ever flap your arms and sqawk like a chicken after making a particularly good post on RF?

Do you usually know which direction is North, or are you one of the compass challenged people of this world?

What's your favorite kind of music to ignore?

Is there a large LDS community where you live in Idaho?

What three things do you like best about Idaho?

Do you hunt and/or fish?

Do you live in town or in the country?

How did you meet your husband?

Without ranking them, please tell us who six of your top ten favorite posters on RF are why each is special to you?

If you were a household appliance, which household appliance would you be?

Are you a good driver?

Is farming a major industry in your neck of the woods?

Bishka

Veteran Member
Becky, I confess I have a great deal of admiration for your seeking wisdom from all sources, most recently Buddhism. Just what is it about Buddhism that most attracts you to it?

What attracts me most? The simplicity of it, the easiness, the calmness. I would really say that it is the calmness of it. I'm a high-strung wired woman, and I need the calming effect of the Buddhist thought in my life.

What is the title and subject of the most recent book you've been reading in Buddhism?

I recently reading An Introduction To Zen Buddhism, and loved it. I ordered two books
"The Iron Flute" and "Zen Shorts". Zen Shorts is actually a children's picture book written to introuduce children to the idea of Zen Buddhism. It just came today and I fell in love with it.

The story is about this Panda named Stillwater, who plays with three children in this family and each child has different problems going on, and Stillwater tells a story to each, and it helps. Wonderful stories to help children understand!

Would you recommend the book to others, and if so, why?

Most defintley the Intro. to Zen Buddhism and Zen Shorts. I haven't received Iron Flute, but I am very excited, I'll probably recommend it, since it is a book of 100 koans, and I enjoy exercising my mind on them.

What's your favorite bookstore and why is it your favorite?

Barnes and Noble, hands down. I have a slight-bias towards it, because I actually worked there for four months before I was married. I like the selection of books they have. So many religion books -- of all kinds, and very favoriable material on the LDS Church.

Does your husband keep up with your readings in wisdom literature?

Not really, my husband is actually not much of a reader. He is more into math and science, oh and lest we forget--video games
. :cool:

When was the last time you went out to a movie and what did you see besides couples kissing in the back row?

It was actually last Friday and we saw Pirates of the Carribean : Dead Man's Chest

Do you ever flap your arms and sqawk like a chicken after making a particularly good post on RF?

No, but I do a victory dance. I get up and jump around like a baboon--I really do!:yes:

Do you usually know which direction is North, or are you one of the compass challenged people of this world?

I am compassly-challenged, without my mountains (Wasatch mountains in Utah) I am utterly lost.

What's your favorite kind of music to ignore?

Rap and country.

Is there a large LDS community where you live in Idaho?

In Rexburg yes. It's a bigger community of LDS because an LDS four year university is here.

What three things do you like best about Idaho?

The heat, the cold, and the variety of things to do.

Do you hunt and/or fish?

I don't hunt, and I'm not a big fan of fishing, had a bad experience once as a child.

Do you live in town or in the country?

Town.

How did you meet your husband?

This is a really funny--well, I guess not funny, but I'll get to it.

I had been going to college for a semester and had played around, not gone to class, done typical first-semster hijinks. At the end, I was boyless and indebt. I told myself that I didn't want a boyfriend and I prayed to God, "on your terms, whenever you feel like introducing me to a nice young man"

So here comes the next semester, and my best friend and I heard there were some hot guys moving into a mutal friends apt., so we went down and checked them out.

Only one was where the girls were able to go (girls aren't allowed in bedrooms), and you'll never guess who it was. It was Marcus, my husband, playing guitar. First thought that went through my mind, was "wow, that guys hot!" So I asked what he was playing and he told me, and I told him I always wanted to learn guitar and that maybe he could teach me sometime. He said yes, and then I inivited him to our scripture study group ( a group of friends who stuided the scriptures every semester) and he said he might come.

Two weeks later he finally showed up. I started talking to him afterward (I was sort of the leader of the group) and we went outside and sat under the stars and talked. About a week ater we started dating, two and a half months after that we were engaged and four months later we were married.

Oh, and I still haven't learned how to play guitar yet
.;)

Without ranking them, please tell us who six of your top ten favorite posters on RF are why each is special to you?

Dawn (Dawny) - Dawn has such love and compassion, it's abosolutley amazing. I can feel Christ through her when she posts.
Bill (Midnight Blue) - Bill is so kind (it's Bill right, I know you told me once, but I have a memory of a goldfish--literally), and always treats me and my faith with respect.
Ashley (Buttons) - Her wit and her charm. I love ya Ash!
Alyssa (Standing_Alone) - Alyssa is amazing, she's struggled thorugh a lot but she is still kind and friendly.
Phil (Sunstone) - Phil, you crack me up and amaze me in the same sentence.
Kathryn (Katzpur) - Kathryn, I love ya! It's nice to have another LDS woman, and one who knows her stuff.

If you were a household appliance, which household appliance would you be?

A blender

Are you a good driver?

Depends.....:D

Is farming a major industry in your neck of the woods?

Sort of, it actually all depends on where in Rexburg or around you are. IT used to be much bigger, but has slown down in the past few decades.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Welcome back to the second and final part of our bountiful interview, Becky! And welcome back viewers!

Folks, in the first part of our interview we probed to the very soul of Becky. Today, in the second part of the interview, we go even further and attempt to borrow $50 from her at no interest and with no set payback date! Line up in the comments thread to ask Becky for your $50 loan!

Becky, how did you find the Forum? Was it through advertising? Google? Or word of mouth from your cellmate the last time you were in jail?

What do you typically put on your hamburgers?

Do you window shop, and if so, what kinds of shops do you most often window shop?

Is it true you once tried to train a pet turtle to attack burglars?

What's your favorite holiday and why is it your favorite holiday?

Are you for or against tighter restrictions on handguns? And why?

If you were an accountant, would you work for a big accounting firm, a small company, or be self-employed?

How often did you get into your mother's cosmetics as a child?

If you could subscribe to just three magazines, which three magazines would you subscribe to?

What's the most shameful or embarrassing thing that's happened to you in the last year which you wouldn't mind sharing with a million internet viewers?

What are the three toughest problems facing the world today?

Is it true, as many believe, that you have secretly harbored a grudge against your best high school friend ever since she beat you to becoming your home town's first Goth Mormon, or is that just another silly RF rumor that no one knows how it got started?

Do you enjoy science fiction, and if so, what was the most recent sci-fi that your read or saw?

Do you attend church regularly, and are you involved in any of your church's committees or groups?

Have you ever responded to a spam email other than to politely thank them for their consideration in offering you a great price on erectile dysfunction pills?

Please describe one of the things hanging on a wall of the room you're in at the moment.

How cool does it typically get overnight during the summer in your part of Idaho?

Do you consider yourself blessed?

Do people tend to get happier as they get older?

Do you have a garden? If so, what are you growing? If not, would you like a garden, and what would you grow in it?

Thank you for a bountiful interview Becky! Folks, ask Becky follow up questions, or just tell her what a good job she's done by going to this thread:

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=523205#post523205

Bishka

Veteran Member
Folks, in the first part of our interview we probed to the very soul of Becky. Today, in the second part of the interview, we go even further and attempt to borrow $50 from her at no interest and with no set payback date! Line up in the comments thread to ask Becky for your $50 loan!

Ach! Too much math! I detest math!
:D

Becky, how did you find the Forum? Was it through advertising? Google? Or word of mouth from your cellmate the last time you were in jail?

Actually it was last November, and I just decided to type the words "religious forums" into google and this came up.

What do you typically put on your hamburgers?

I don't like hamburgers. :eek:

Do you window shop, and if so, what kinds of shops do you most often window shop?

Sometimes, usually book or shoestores.

Is it true you once tried to train a pet turtle to attack burglars?

I wish, that would be hilarious, but alas, I've never owned a pet turtle. I had a cat when I was younger named Christopher, three fish when I was younger - Frank, Candycorn, and Weezer. My family about 5 years ago had a cat named Ed, he died only about 3 years after we had him. Then came Tigger the new little kitten. My most recent pet, a beta fish named Buddha who died on Sunday.

I plan to name the first kitten me and my husband buy or get either : Krishna, Sita or Gaia. Somewhere along those lines.

What's your favorite holiday and why is it your favorite holiday?

Halloween, I love dressing up and getting candy.

Are you for or against tighter restrictions on handguns? And why?

Yes, it's ridiculous how easy you are able to receive those silly guns. I like what England has going on, but then again, only the criminals have guns in that sort of situation. I just don't like handguns.

If you were an accountant, would you work for a big accounting firm, a small company, or be self-employed?

Probably self-employed if I could make enough money.

How often did you get into your mother's cosmetics as a child?

Actually, never.

If you could subscribe to just three magazines, which three magazines would you subscribe to?

Wow, um, any world religion magazine (I doubt there are out there), Natural Health, and People (or some celeb rag, I know, I know--I need my fix though!)

What's the most shameful or embarrassing thing that's happened to you in the last year which you wouldn't mind sharing with a million internet viewers?

Oh my most embarassing? Well, I guess I tell you. If there's one thing you should know, I um, like sex :eek:. And I guess last summer our windows were open and um, yeah, our whole apartment complex heard me. Some didn't know it was me, and I wasn't about to tell, but I could tell afterwards that some knew who was making a racket. :eek:.

What are the three toughest problems facing the world today?

1 ) Lack of tolerance
2 ) Lack of faith in each other
3 ) Lack of fun, too much seriousness. Don't take things so hard, don't be offended by somethings!

Is it true, as many believe, that you have secretly harbored a grudge against your best high school friend ever since she beat you to becoming your home town's first Goth Mormon, or is that just another silly RF rumor that no one knows how it got started?

That's just a silly rumor, but in the past I have held grudges. In fact, I held a grudge for almost 15 years, and just recently got over it. The Buddhist philosophy has really been helping me get over a lot of problems I've been having and it's great!

Do you enjoy science fiction, and if so, what was the most recent sci-fi that your read or saw?

Depends. I'm not a huge fan of sci-fi. I haven't read any sci-fi books to be honest, it's not a genre I particurlarly enjoy.

Do you attend church regularly, and are you involved in any of your church's committees or groups?

Yep, every Sunday. My husband and I teach gospel doctrine to the ward (congregation) every other Sunday. We teach about half of the ward. (It's made up of all young-adults since we are at college). I used to teach in the Nursrey (children), I also am a visiting teacher, and I think that's about it.

Have you ever responded to a spam email other than to politely thank them for their consideration in offering you a great price on erectile dysfunction pills?

No, but I've wanted too.

Please describe one of the things hanging on a wall of the room you're in at the moment.

My name. My parents actually bought me this cool painting in Hawaii. It's my name
The B is made out of dolphins, the E is made out of flamingoes, the C is made out of fish, the K is a bird and the Y is some seals I think.

How cool does it typically get overnight during the summer in your part of Idaho?

Depends how hot it is during the day. It can range anywhere from 40-75 degrees at night here.

Do you consider yourself blessed?

Abundantly.

Do people tend to get happier as they get older?

I think we do. Most of us seem to see how good our lives actually are, and how blessed we are and just become happy and content.

Do you have a garden? If so, what are you growing? If not, would you like a garden, and what would you grow in it?

No. I would like a garden by I currently live in an apartment, so I use the Married Student Gardens at school. I would grow flowers, berries and fruits if I had one.

Thank you for a bountiful interview Becky! Folks, ask Becky follow up questions, or just tell her what a good job she's done by going to this thread:

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum...205#post523205