• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A big brother life

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
In 2023 we are constantly monitored by cameras. Cameras everywhere.
Which means we are safer...I mean...you feel safer knowing you are watched by hundreds of cameras every day.
But sometimes I feel like being on the Big Brother... :p

I used to love BB.

1) Did you like BB?
2) what do you think of our BB society we live in?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I was enamored of this guy.
He went wild...as soon as the Big Brother didn't give cigarettes to the BB cast

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
1) Did you like BB?

No. I loath pretty much all of "reality" tv.

I don't worry nearly as much about camera's on the streets (not so much of a problem in belgium) as I worry about tracking of our lives and online activity through the data we unwillingly and unknowingly leave behind everywhere.

Privacy laws are hugely important.
I always say for whatever online practice, that one should look at the equivalent of the cyber activity in "real life". And if it's not okay in real life, then it shouldn't be okay online.

For example, google scanning your email contents in order to "log" your interests in a super-profile and then using that to show you ads on whatever site you happen to be on that uses google ads...
That is the equivalent of the mail-man opening your letters, taking out an "advertising data log" to check boxes of your interests, logging your contacts, logging your communications and then adding ad folders to your mailbox in context of the subjects in the written communication.

If an actual mail company would do that, it would be the scandal of the century.
But if Google does it, then it's a "service" and a "feature" which is somehow okay because "google is free".

PureX

Veteran Member
In 2023 we are constantly monitored by cameras. Cameras everywhere.
Which means we are safer...I mean...you feel safer knowing you are watched by hundreds of cameras every day.
But sometimes I feel like being on the Big Brother... :p

I used to love BB.

1) Did you like BB?
I think we think everyone else cares what we are doing and thinking, when in fact no one does. All those cameras are not there to watch you or me. They're there to watch over property, mostly. Because that's all anyone really cares about is their property.

I only watched one season of BB. Found it pretty boring, and somewhat depressing. Not humanity at it's best, that's for sure. But I try to remember that the better humans among us wouldn't sign up for it. So it's not representative of us in that way.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think we think everyone else cares what we are doing and thinking, when in fact no one does. All those cameras are not there to watch you or me. They're there to watch over property, mostly. Because that's all anyone really cares about is their property.

I only watched one season of BB. Found it pretty boring, and somewhat depressing. Not humanity at it's best, that's for sure. But I try to remember that the better humans among us wouldn't sign up for it. So it's not representative of us in that way.
Yes...btw it is in the jokes section because I wanted to discuss his topic with sarcasm, from a not serious perspective.;):p

PureX

Veteran Member
Drones too. I saw the police testing one out in a empty parking lot, last month. I bet those can see a lot of area
And much cheaper and safer than a helicopter. And when it comes to policing, seems having video is protection for the citizens.