• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Bible Study - Catholic, Orthodox, and Protestant Christians Only

Special Revelation

Well I think a good way to have a Bible study is for everyone to read the same chapter, and whatever the person is most impressed with in the chapter is what they talk about. And everyone has a turn to say what they thought about the chapter. How about Romans ch. 7. Well I have to go now though- peace
(if that doesn't work out maybe everyone could just say what their favorite verse is and why.)

Dear brother in the Lord. Thank you for restarting this Thread again. I believe we have the same motives for studying the Bible together. Could you please consider starting from Romans Chapter 1 and take one chapter at at time in sequence? The Apostle Paul writes systematically, and in order in the Book of Romans, starting with the Thesis statement in Romans 1:16-17.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Thanks anyway, but I want a scriptural Bible Study, and that would be one that does not exclude others as this one does.

Galatians 3:26 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
NIV

Special Revelation

Thanks anyway, but I want a scriptural Bible Study, and that would be one that does not exclude others as this one does.

Galatians 3:26 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. NIV

Like I said one post earlier, it appears God the Holy Sprit is leading this study. Sorry Scuba, you asked for it.

Galatians 3:26 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. NIV
That's your opinion. You're entitled to it. If you'd like to talk about it, we can do so in PM.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
I'd like to look at the works that are evident in a mans life when God gives them over to a reprobate mind and the cause of God's act of judgement in doing so.

Epistle to Romans 1:28-31 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

It seems as though this happens when a person does not like to retain God in their knowledge, when they deny the clear witness of the invisible creator seperate from His creation.
What do you think the bible is saying is the cause of God's giving them over to a reprobate mind?

Special Revelation

Here is my proposal and suggestion. I nominate *Paul* to lead the Bible Study of the book of Romans. We should start with chapter one and not leave that chapter until the majority is ready to leave it. After we complete chapter 1, we should move to chapter 2. Our goal is to work through the entire book of Romans, in chapter sequence. I asked that every Christian who is participating should pray during this entire Bible Study. Is this agreeable? If so, Paul please lead us if it's okay by all.

Here is my proposal and suggestion. I nominate *Paul* to lead the Bible Study of the book of Romans. We should start with chapter one and not leave that chapter until the majority is ready to leave it. After we complete chapter 1, we should move to chapter 2. Our goal is to work through the entire book of Romans, in chapter sequence. I asked that every Christian who is participating should pray during this entire Bible Study. Is this agreeable? If so, Paul please lead us if it's okay by all.
Paul may lead if he wishes, but I ask that this not become a debate over differing interpretations. If you have something to add to the discussion, that's fine, and if you don't agree with someone else, that's fine and you may state it, but simply voice your own view, and why you hold it. If you want to challenge someone's interpretation point by point and make it into a debate, start another thread. Let's try to exercise our ecumenism:D

I'd like to look at the works that are evident in a mans life when God gives them over to a reprobate mind and the cause of God's act of judgement in doing so.

Epistle to Romans 1:28-31 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

It seems as though this happens when a person does not like to retain God in their knowledge, when they deny the clear witness of the invisible creator seperate from His creation.
What do you think the bible is saying is the cause of God's giving them over to a reprobate mind?
I think verse 28 states it pretty clearly; they don't like to "retain God in their knowledge," as your translation puts it.

Special Revelation

Paul,
Can we please start from the very beginning from Romans 1:1? I really believe Romans 1:16-17 is the thesis statement for the entire book of Romans. Let's work systematically one verse at a time in the order the Apostle Paul wrote it.

Paul,
Can we please start from the very beginning from Romans 1:1? I really believe Romans 1:16-17 is the thesis statement for the entire book of Romans. Let's work systematically one verse at a time.
I think Sonic's idea of posting main points, asking questions about particular passages, citing favorite verses, etc, is just fine. If you'd like to comment on 1:1 that's fine, but the rest of us don't need to if we don't want to.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
I have noticed that as in my country atheism has increased so have these wicked works:
Fornication: More and more youngsters are sexually active, stds are increasing rapidly.
Wickedness: Pedophilia is epidemic, rape increases so much, cruelty to people and animals.
Covetousness: People are in financial debt as never before becuase they want what they can't have and are lured in by the lust of the eyes by national advertising.
Maliciousness: The general ill intent to please self at the cost of others no matter what it injures them is evident. The people I meet in my life can't wait to stick the knife in others backs just toget ahead of them, either in relationships or career.
Haters of God: So many people I know can not abide to even discuss God, they blame Him for everything and then attempt mental deicide by pretending He does not exist.
Inventors of evil things: Sick computer games, vile horror movies, people filming sickening attacks for their own entertainment, all available to Children, all poisoning the next generations minds.
Disobedient to parents: We are having to have classes now to teach people how to bring up their children, the children are trunning the homes and the parents can't control them, the abandonment of biblical values and the replacement of them with liberalism and physchology is destroying homes and childrens futures.
Without natural affection: Abortion rates are out of control, people are being kicked to death, even in front of their children, stabbings, robbing the elderly, rape, happy slapping. These are daily occurences in England which is largely atheist amongst the youths.

I think these things are evidence of what Paul speaks of. It is God's word put into action. The rejection of God and obedience to His Law once the conscience is seared gives the heart full rein to explore the depravity which is in it with nothing to restrain it.
Which highlights further the miracle of regeneration.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
Paul,
Can we please start from the very beginning from Romans 1:1? I really believe Romans 1:16-17 is the thesis statement for the entire book of Romans. Let's work systematically one verse at a time in the order the Apostle Paul wrote it.

If you don't mind I think that would be very lengthy and people will loose interest though I will happily do that with you elsewhere if you wish to. Being a narrow minded, dogmatic, fundie bigot is very time consuming Special rev.

Don't be dissapointed.

Special Revelation

I am guessing that is a yes then, how unfortunate. I think as Christians we all should study the Bible together.

Hey Becky,

I would be open in allowing LDS Christians in the Bible Study on Romans that was lead by *Paul*. You would have to allow Paul to be in charge in leading the Bible study on Romans. However, this is not my Thread, and I'm just making the suggestion.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Hey Becky,

I would be open in allowing LDS Christians in the Bible Study on Romans that was lead by *Paul*. You would have to allow Paul to be in charge in leading the Bible study on Romans. However, this is not my Thread, and I'm just making the suggestion.

I forget, a 'women' cannot be allowed to lead, God did not create us equals did He? :rolleyes: Why not Soyleche, FFH, or another male Latter-day Saints or they just as bad as the women in your view?

Special Revelation

I forget, a 'women' cannot be allowed to lead, God did not create us equals did He? :rolleyes: Why not Soyleche, FFH, or another male Latter-day Saints or they just as bad as the women in your view?

Okay, I give you an inch and you want a mile...lol. I haven't offered you my hand of fellowship. Rather, I have offered you my hand of friendship. I will PM Paul if you are open to study the book of Romans together under the authority and leadership of Paul (not the Apostle Paul). What is your answer?