• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Belief

Tmac

It is written somewhere that we are born with inaleinable rights, life, liberity and the pusuit of happiness. Of course, where you are born makes it either harder or easier to be aware of these rights and to exercise them.
Now as long as you have those that have and those that don't (ying/yang), there will be actions and reactions as a result of interactions some of which will effect some poeple who have and are aware of their rights so they naturally will look for solutions to prevent these actions from reaching them. First solution and the current one, arm yourself. War machines and soldiers, and for the local front police. Now if you are intelligent you can see that this solution can only lead to a line being drawn in the sand.

Now the point for this preamble; it appears all these beliefs, essentially divids us, (thus making each responsible for enforcing the current solution) and are the core of the problem (uniqueness can't live next to uniqueness, unlike the eagle, uniqueness needs its space).

Would you be willing to give up your current beliefs for "a belief" that would satisfy everyone?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It is written somewhere that we are born with inaleinable rights, life, liberity and the pusuit of happiness. Of course, where you are born makes it either harder or easier to be aware of these rights and to exercise them.
Now as long as you have those that have and those that don't (ying/yang), there will be actions and reactions as a result of interactions some of which will effect some poeple who have and are aware of their rights so they naturally will look for solutions to prevent these actions from reaching them. First solution and the current one, arm yourself. War machines and soldiers, and for the local front police. Now if you are intelligent you can see that this solution can only lead to a line being drawn in the sand.

Now the point for this preamble; it appears all these beliefs, essentially divids us, (thus making each responsible for enforcing the current solution) and are the core of the problem (uniqueness can't live next to uniqueness, unlike the eagle, uniqueness needs its space).

Would you be willing to give up your current beliefs for "a belief" that would satisfy everyone?
No.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Now as long as you have those that have and those that don't (ying/yang), there will be actions and reactions as a result of interactions some of which will effect some poeple who have and are aware of their rights so they naturally will look for solutions to prevent these actions from reaching them.
This isn't all together true. The only reason people would disagree with the mentioned ideal is by disagreeing about what it is to be human. There is only one human race and the sooner people act like it then everyone would drop their weapons. There would be no elitism left except in ideology that teaches bias as if some people are born under a different God. It's insulting to infer god would be so callous that he would have nations of children born under complete corruption.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

No. Part of the point of my belief is that all will have and encourage love and compassion from each other. It doesnt say we Must go through my religion to get this compassion unless your goal is to end suffering and rebirth; but, if we all have compassion and unconditional love for each other there would be no need to have one belief that would satisfy everyone.

Last edited:

Tmac

This isn't all together true. The only reason people would disagree with the mentioned ideal is by disagreeing about what it is to be human. There is only one human race and the sooner people act like it then everyone would drop their weapons. There would be no elitism left except in ideology that teaches bias as if some people are born under a different God. It's insulting to infer god would be so callous that he would have nations of children born under complete corruption.

Then maybe the belief must contain an understanding of what is to be human, if this is your point. Remember I said the belief must satisfy everyone. (BTW, some people know how to use words as weapons. Look no further than our brother in North Korea, he shoots off more words than missiles)

Tmac

No. The part of the point of my belief is that all will have and encourage love and compassion from each other. It doesnt say we Must go through my religion to get this compassion unless your goal is to end suffering and rebirth; but, if we all have compassion and unconditional love for each other there would be no need to have one belief that would satisfy everyone.

Thank you.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Then maybe the belief must contain an understanding of what is to be human, if this is your point. Remember I said the belief must satisfy everyone. (BTW, some people know how to use words as weapons. Look no further than our brother in North Korea, he shoots off more words than missiles)
Science has been pretty good about correcting any misconceptions. To take it further other great apes also have sentient awareness so what then? The further we go the scope becomes much larger and less self serving.

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles

It's difficult to do that when beliefs are a personal thing.

I personally wouldn't. I got where I am because I kept questioning my own beliefs. I still do. I was unhappy to be a subject of the beliefs of others. Unfortunately many of my Christian friends and adult figures wanted me to submit to God when I had my doubts the moment I walked into Church. It didn't feel like I was submitting to anything. I deviated from the norm because I wanted to be happy but I didn't know what to do. I think I'm getting closer but I'm not quite there yet. I'm not going to give up my progress and I'm not going to expect others to follow or support me. To each their own, in the name of happiness.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often

Would I be willing to give up what I believe because the world doesn't like it? No. That is the essence of spineless to me.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Would I be willing to give up what I believe because the world doesn't like it? No. That is the essence of spineless to me.

Would you give up Your Individual belief for a belief that All people including you would be satisfied?

Basically, can you give up the ego of individuality for the benefit of the whole by comprimising your belief (and others as well) for the one everyone agrees on?

Has nothing to do whether the world likes it. If we are satisified with one belief, there is no Other belief to dislike.

I said no personally because my belief in part teaches that we encourage love and compassion from others regardless of their beliefs. So diversity is natural as long as we dont see each others ideas and people in a bad vs good perspective.

Would you give up your belief so that all (you too) will have one belief we are all satisified with? Why or why not?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Would you give up Your Individual belief for a belief that All people including you would be satisfied?

Basically, can you give up the ego of individuality for the benefit of the whole by comprimising your belief (and others as well) for the one everyone agrees on?

Has nothing to do whether the world likes it. If we are satisified with one belief, there is no Other belief to dislike.

I said no personally because my belief in part teaches that we encourage love and compassion from others regardless of their beliefs. So diversity is natural as long as we dont see each others ideas and people in a bad vs good perspective.

Would you give up your belief so that all (you too) will have one belief we are all satisified with? Why or why not?
The OP question makes no sense. If there exists another belief that satisfies me more than my current belief, I would switch to it regardless of what other people do. If every other person also feels the same way about that belief, then they would do this too. If that is what the OP is asking, it's kind of trivial, is it not?

Tmac

I am impressed at how many either didn't read my question or immediately jumped to defense of their beliefs. You personally will give input and it will be received and included to the satisfaction of the giver, you don' give up anything, you add to find the solution that will satisfy the whole. If it would make you feel any better you could have the floor first.

Tmac

The OP question makes no sense. If there exists another belief that satisfies me more than my current belief, I would switch to it regardless of what other people do. If every other person also feels the same way about that belief, then they would do this too. If that is what the OP is asking, it's kind of trivial, is it not?

Please reread, there is no mention of anything pre-existing.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I don't think so. Let me see.

It's a universalist question.

Would a person be satisfied with his own belief or would each person give up their individual belief in order for us to have one belief we are all satisfied with?

Would we give up our individuality to be satisfied with one belief that satisfies the whole?

The OP is basically asking about individual sacrifice for the benefit of the whole. Not many people will compromise their beliefs for the whole because they think they are "giving in" to other people rather than keeping their individuality. Others, like myself, feel we don't need one belief that we are all satisfied with but keep our own beliefs that that individual person or community benefits from regardless if others agree or disagree.

If all people agree, I don't see anything wrong with having one belief. Since human nature doesn't work by unity and one-belief view, it makes no sense to expect that but the question makes sense if one is willing to come from their comfort zone to think about compromising their individuality for the benefit of universalism.

It's a "out of one's comfort zone" question. You see on this thread people already got defensive. Not many people can think outside the box and still stay in it at the same time.

Unless the OP corrects me, that's what I got out of it.

Tmac

I would, but I wouldn't take any wooden nickels.

Because I'm tired of seeing people dying from the lack of basic needs, people dying from abuse, neglect, indifference, young/old committing suicide and of all the oppression that most of the world experiences, just off the top of my head.