• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

9 to 5

Runt

School on weekdays and the Renaissance Festival on weekends (well, not anymore, since the faire season JUST ENDED *cries*) I danced, sang, and acted on the streets. It was great fun. Not your typical job... not really a job at all, even though I got payed (more like two months of play for pay!)

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I'm a mom. I stay home with my kids, but I'm planning to go back to college and get a degree (maybe in religion and philosophy?) once my youngest is in school.

Lightkeeper

I have sold office supplies for many years. I call on established customers and cold call to find new customers. I have found this to be very spiritual. Mainly, because people put there trust in me. I have learned to readily connect with people on a deep level. I also have become an Interfaith Minister. I have not as yet started working as one and am still studying.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
All -

I work for a very large engineering and construction firm whose name has been much in the news lately. Unfortunately our hours are more like 7 to 5 than 9 to 5, but there it is......

I do control systems design. Whazzat, you say? Most refineries, chemical plants and energy installations are controlled by computers. My job is to design the connections between those computers and all of the devices by which they actually control those facilities; sensors of various kinds, analyzers, instruments, detectors, switches, valves, pumps, compressors and so on.

Alaric

I study International Business at Copenhagen Business School, and have a student job a couple of hours a day at UNICEF Supply Division.

anders

I used to be a full-time technical translator, after having been in the farmacutical business for many years. I cannot work normal hours, because of a stroke a few years ago, and am now on a disabilty pension. That gives me the possibility to be a university student again (distance learning, so I can decide my own hours), taking general linguistics, languages and religion.
And, Engyo, I started with a Masters degree in Chemical Engineering.