• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

$85,210

Audie

Veteran Member
Without nukes, we'd be at a pretty severe disadvantage.
No major war for 75 yrs, nukes have been a good investment.

As for changes-
Everyone knows how to fix the schools,
manage defense and balance the budget
just like every creationist is a expert on
geology and Bible interpretin'.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Without nukes, we'd be at a pretty severe disadvantage.
As far as I can tell, the only good, reasonable, and rational thing to come out of the biggest dick contest between the Soviets and America was all our precious body fluids and the mine-shaft gap.
Now our greatest threat isn't the other guy's big dick, it's all the crap our own (and there's) has gushed into the environment, all that waste we have no idea what to do with, and the possibility of a rogue nuclear terrorist attack.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As far as I can tell, the only good, reasonable, and rational thing to come out of the biggest dick contest between the Soviets and America was all our precious body fluids and mine-shaft gap.
Now our greatest threat isn't the other guy's big dick, it's all the crap our own (and there's) has gushed into the environment, all that waste we have no idea what to do with, and the possibility of a rogue nuclear terrorist attack.
History shows that regimes bent on great conquest do arise.
It's useful to be a target no one wants to risk attacking.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
History shows that regimes bent on great conquest do arise.
True. But having the better military is how those are handled. That isn't necessarily established through building dozens of bombs that only get detonated in testing, many of them on your own soil. Mutually Assured Destruction is what happens when two gorillas beating their chests at each other decide circular arguments that go round and round and never end (like a cartoon shootout with the characters drawing guns that become increasingly larger) are perfectly appropriate and suitable positions for international policy and relations.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
True. But having the better military is how those are handled. That isn't necessarily established through building dozens of bombs that only get detonated in testing, many of them on your own soil. Mutually Assured Destruction is what happens when two gorillas beating their chests at each other decide circular arguments that go round and round and never end (like a cartoon shootout with the characters drawing guns that become increasingly larger) are perfectly appropriate and suitable positions for international policy and relations.
MAD is risky, but useful.

Suave

Simulated character
No major war for 75 yrs, nukes have been a good investment.

As for changes-
Everyone knows how to fix the schools,
manage defense and balance the budget
just like every creationist is a expert on
geology and Bible interpretin'.
I know, Balance budgets are such a joke!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
MAD is risky, but useful.
Didn't prevent people from being scared we were going to be nuked as the Berlin Wall was coming down and the Cold War coming to an end. And then when the plug was pulled on the Soviet Union, the Russian economy tanked and people were going hungry. They might get us because they lost, but it never happened.
And now the bomb is pretty much obsolete and outdated anyways. They didn't prevent the proxy wars the two gorillas were responsible for, it didn't calm them down, And now we're stuck with what may potentially become the worst environmental disaster ever when the Piper comes and all that nuclear material and waste is still around.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Didn't prevent people from being scared we were going to be nuked as the Berlin Wall was coming down and the Cold War coming to an end. And then when the plug was pulled on the Soviet Union, the Russian economy tanked and people were going hungry. They might get us because they lost, but it never happened.
And now the bomb is pretty much obsolete and outdated anyways. They didn't prevent the proxy wars the two gorillas were responsible for, it didn't calm them down, And now we're stuck with what may potentially become the worst environmental disaster ever when the Piper comes and all that nuclear material and waste is still around.
During the Cold War, the Soviets didn't attack the west.
China appears to now be very ambitious.
MAD is risky but useful.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
During the Cold War, the Soviets didn't attack the west.
I know. I was there. And I remember people being scared and frightened of what never came.
China appears to now be very ambitious.
So? China and America are the two pigs running their farms, looking really no discernibly different from the other animals running their farms.
America depends on China. China depends on America. Sam or Xi can't do much to each other without shooting themselves in the foot over it.
MAD is risky but useful.
The only thing it's been useful for is the proliferation and spread of nuclear weapons, materials, and waste. It's was useful for fueling the unknowns of a potential rogue nuclear terrorist attack. It dumped barrels of nuclear waste in the ocean. And it brought a whole new pandoras box of nightmares when MUF started becoming a thing.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I figure if Congress were to implement the revenue enhancements proposed by Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren as well as limit federal spending to under 2 percent of GDP, there, d be a manageable increase towards our national debt
Rule number one for debt reduction.... NEVER get more loans (which equals to government revenue) until you learned how to live on what you get!!!!

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
8 year President against 4 year President???

need remedial math much?
Not at all... Biden's math is new math! And your statement was how Republicans spend while you keep a blind eye on Obama et al.

Suave

Simulated character
Rule number one for debt reduction.... NEVER get more loans (which equals to government revenue) until you learned how to live on what you get!!!!
I suppose our federal government can always print more money in case borrowing from lenders will not suffice.

ecco

Veteran Member
I had to pay child support in arrears for the last year, despite my daughter then being a 17 year old having earned income working at McDonald,'s. I am so glad she is now a young adult who can fend for herself, I won't be having to pay anymore child support for her .
That's really sad.