• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

7th Memphis officer disciplined, 3 EMTs fired in Nichols death.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
How to not get killed by the cops, 99.999% of the time:

-Obey the law.
-Be respectful and cooperative towards police whenever you interact with them.
-Do not behave like an undisciplined maniac.

Is it really so difficult?
It obviously is for some people.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

-Obey the law.

It obviously is for some people.
This is exactly what I mean when I say the U.S. is racing towards fascism. So many people are not just willing to give up their rights but eager to do so. So many people are happy when fascist stormtroopers come along and kill American citizens.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This is exactly what I mean when I say the U.S. is racing towards fascism. So many people are not just willing to give up their rights but eager to do so. So many people are happy when fascist stormtroopers come along and kill American citizens.
It's hard to see a fascist mentality in left wing jurisdictions where a lot of these events happen.

But there are certainly similarities among both wings.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

-Obey the law.

Well that helps of course. But sometimes people screw up and the result should not be the death penalty. Last night I watched the video of a breakdown of the event by an ex-police officer that I like made. He is generally very pro-police. He regularly breaks down videos where people try to claim that there was an unjustified shooting but explains how what the police did was valid. In this case he could only criticize the police involved. He kept pointing out how incompetent that they were. For example the deployment of pepper spray. Pepper spray is very rarely used when one has to go "hands on" against an individual. The cop and his coworkers will always end up being cross contaminated themselves. In fact he pointed out where at one point a cop pepper sprayed another cop. They were very incompetent in how they treated this. They overreacted from the start and in the words of the narrator they "murdered the **** out of him". There is no doubt when one watched the video that they were not following proper procedure and that their actions led to Nichols death.

Nichols was probably high on something. He acted a bit erratically but he was never violent towards the police. He resisted, but without violence. Non-violent resisting is never an excuse to kill someone. I could link the video. It has been heavily edited so that you do not see the beating that they gave the man even after he was in handcuffs and could no longer resist. Even their actions when he was not in cuffs were illegal, but kicking a man multiple times to the head after he was cuffed makes it murder. They are lucky that it is only second degree murder. I do believe there is a chance of being released eventually. As police officers I would argue that it should be raised to first degree murder since they had to know better going in. But I would rather have a v guilty verdict where the case was undercharged rather than a not guilty verdict where someone was overcharged.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It's hard to see a fascist mentality in left wing jurisdictions where a lot of these events happen.

But there are certainly similarities among both wings.
Have you seen what they did? Have you seen the videos where Nichols was kicked repeatedly to the head after he was in handcuffs and subdued? The cops are lucky that they only being charge with second degree murder. It would not be that hard to make a case for first degree. But better safe than sorry in such a case.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Nichols was probably high on something. He acted a bit erratically ….
Fear, adrenaline, absolute terror for his life. I don’t see any reason to conclude he was on anything. He acted like a man who was afraid the was about to be killed.

The police were acting more than a bit erratically. But I don’t think they were on drugs either. Just being in these kind of situations is enough to bring about an altered state. The mob mentality and thuggery is unfortunately common.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Fear, adrenaline, absolute terror for his life. I don’t see any reason to conclude he was on anything. He acted like a man who was afraid the was about to be killed.

The police were acting more than a bit erratically. But I don’t think they were on drugs either. Just being in these kind of situations is enough to bring about an altered state. The mob mentality and thuggery is unfortunately common.
If you watch the videos where you can hear the cops talking with each other it appears that he was both speeding and driving on the wrong side of the road. That was why the original charge against Nichols was reckless endangerment. Before the beating began you could see that he was in a very agitated state and was not being rational. But, and this is why the cops are being charged with murder, that does not excuse the cops for their actions after they had him under control, or some of their actions in trying to get him under control. There is a chance that the use of pepper spray aggravated the officers. But that was just incompetence on their part. This was not a pepper spray type incident.

But if you watch the video his "altered state" is rather clearly drug induced. But that cannot be an excuse. for the action of the police. There were illegal blows to the head before they had him cuffed. There were multiple kicks to the head after he was in cuffs and under complete control. I do not recommend watching even an edited version of that video. If this goes to trial, and if the cops were smart it probably will not go there, I feel sorry for the jury that will have to see an unedited version of this. There are often circumstances that can make the actions of the police look reasonable when broken down. In this case that possibility does not seem to exist.

There is no excuse for multiple kicks to the head of a person that is barely conscious, handcuffed, and non responsive. The best that the police involved can do for themselves is to plead guilty and throw themselves on the mercy of the court.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
If you watch the videos where you can hear the cops talking with each other it appears that he was both speeding and driving on the wrong side of the road. That was why the original charge against Nichols was reckless endangerment. Before the beating began you could see that he was in a very agitated state and was not being rational. But, and this is why the cops are being charged with murder, that does not excuse the cops for their actions after they had him under control, or some of their actions in trying to get him under control. There is a chance that the use of pepper spray aggravated the officers. But that was just incompetence on their part. This was not a pepper spray type incident.

But if you watch the video his "altered state" is rather clearly drug induced. But that cannot be an excuse. for the action of the police. There were illegal blows to the head before they had him cuffed. There were multiple kicks to the head after he was in cuffs and under complete control. I do not recommend watching even an edited version of that video. If this goes to trial, and if the cops were smart it probably will not go there, I feel sorry for the jury that will have to see an unedited version of this. There are often circumstances that can make the actions of the police look reasonable when broken down. In this case that possibility does not seem to exist.

There is no excuse for multiple kicks to the head of a person that is barely conscious, handcuffed, and non responsive. The best that the police involved can do for themselves is to plead guilty and throw themselves on the mercy of the court.
I could not care less what these cops said. I don’t believe a word of it. And what I saw could easily be explained by very understandable fear and confusion considering the situation.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I could not care less what these cops said. I don’t believe a word of it. And what I saw could easily be explained by very understandable fear and confusion considering the situation.
Ok, but now you are not being reasonable and rational. It makes no difference at all when it comes to their guilt.