• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

$70,000 salary CEO is doing just fine

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I have been called a lot worse than a stick in the mud. There is an old sticks and stone saying, I offer that saying to you.

My personal motivation in life is for the good of every person, sometimes it needs to be pointed out what the ills of the world are, before people will consider change that will help all people. Rather than feeding self satisfaction.

Many add to the ills of the world and are oblivious to the consequences of their actions.

Regards Tony

Just so long as "the good of every person" is what you want eh?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You are welcome to your opinion, imposing your religion on others is sad to me, and yes, thats my opinion

Basically Christine I have never imposed my Faith on another. Every person is free to do as they choose.

Offering a choice is not imposing a choice. For example, to point out the potential pernicious influence and result of partaking in gambling, is not imposing upon a person's free will choice to do it anyway.

"Gambling has become a $40 billion dollar a year industry in the United States. From 1974 to 1994--20 years--the amount of money Americans legally wagered has risen 2,800 percent, from $17 billion to $482 billion".

That is just America and with around 95% chance of losing, that shows how pointless and what a cancerous sickness gambling has become.

Regards Tony

ChristineM

Premium Member
Do away with lotteries as well. :D

Actually all Gambling. ;)

Regards Tony

Basically Christine I have never imposed my Faith on another. Every person is free to do as they choose.

Offering a choice is not imposing a choice. For example, to point out the potential pernicious influence and result of partaking in gambling, is not imposing upon a person's free will choice to do it anyway.

"Gambling has become a $40 billion dollar a year industry in the United States. From 1974 to 1994--20 years--the amount of money Americans legally wagered has risen 2,800 percent, from $17 billion to $482 billion".

That is just America and with around 95% chance of losing, that shows how pointless and what a cancerous sickness gambling has become.

Regards Tony

That is right Christine and may life give you all the best possible.

Sometimes for us to find the best in life, we have to face the worst life has to offer.

Regards Tony

Right. "Do away with" is the choice you offer?

Maybe it it not your prerogative to offer a choice, is it not more humane to let people make their own choice without evangelism?

And even with the odds against them some people hope to win. Most know the risk of loosing, the excitement is in anticipation of winning.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Right. "Do away with" is the choice you offer?

Maybe it it not your prerogative to offer a choice, is it not more humane to let people make their own choice without evangelism?

And even with the odds against them some people hope to win. Most know the risk of loosing, the excitement is in anticipation of winning.

Many have become adrenaline junkies, that is for sure.

So I see, basically in what you are saying, is that any education is evangelism? How is letting the uneducated make choices beneficial? What we may have differences on, is what is good education and what are worthwhile pursuits in life.

Or you are offering, that anything that is offered against ones own point of view, it is evangelism?

I see hands down, no doubt at all, that the teachings of a Messenger have been proven to be good education, not so doctrines we have made of some of those teachings, but the moral and ethical aspects, they are teachings many choose to live by.

Laws are in place to protect the weak, a good example when gambling was unleashed to become lawful, the weak en masse are no longer protected and many families and individuals have suffered as a result. While it was outlawed, only those without moral strength would pursue.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

While it was outlawed, only those without moral strength would pursue. Regards Tony

I see this is also what is warned against in scripture, they warn against times when man sees freedom from religion is true liberty, when in fact true liberty only exists in submission unto what God has given us, or submission unto mans laws made in the image of the God given laws.

When men (stated as men and women) are allowed free reign to make laws to cover basic animal instincts, we are in a lot of trouble.

Regards Tony

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have been called a lot worse than a stick in the mud. There is an old sticks and stone saying, I offer that saying to you.

My personal motivation in life is for the good of every person, sometimes it needs to be pointed out what the ills of the world are, before people will consider change that will help all people. Rather than feeding self satisfaction.

Many add to the ills of the world and are oblivious to the consequences of their actions.

Regards Tony
Some people need different things...things you might object to.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Some people need different things...things you might object to.

It is not my objections I post. What I post is written in a God given law and God given sound advice, some people do not recognize, nor will they accept that as a God given law, or as good advice.

It is not for me to weigh them and their choices, I just weigh the action against that Law.

Regards Tony

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Me too, and there is the key if you cannot afford it then don't do it.
That exactly. It really has to be money you'd be frivolously spending anyways. It can't be bill money.
My personal motivation in life is for the good of every person, sometimes it needs to be pointed out what the ills of the world are,
And you don't know what is the best for every person. You say gambling is bad. I say counting cards is income.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It is not my objections I post. What I post is written in a God given law and God given sound advice, some people do not recognize, nor will they accept that as a God given law, or as good advice.

It is not for me to weigh them and their choices, I just weigh the action against that Law.

Regards Tony
Then I amend it...
Your God might object to things some people need.

ChristineM

Premium Member
So I see, basically in what you are saying, is that any education is evangelism?

Thats arrogant bull and you know it. What i am saying is imposing your personal religious beliefs on other people is evangelism

Or you are offering, that anything that is offered against ones own point of view, it is evangelism?

See above paragraph

I see hands down, no doubt at all, that the teachings of a Messenger have been proven to be good education

Your messenger, your belief. You want to follow the word of some nod who claimed god spoke to him then thats is up to you, it is not up to anyone else and I personally think teaching such limitations is poor for the advancement of human kind

Laws are in place to protect the weak, a good example when gambling was unleashed to become lawful, the weak en masse are no longer protected and many families and individuals have suffered as a result. While it was outlawed, only those without moral strength would pursue.

Was it outlawed worldwide or just in your jurisdiction. Are you saying that life in general was better or worse 50 or 100 years ago?

I see this is also what is warned against in scripture, they warn against times when man sees freedom from religion is true liberty, when in fact true liberty only exists in submission unto what God has given us, or submission unto mans laws made in the image of the God given laws.

Again your scriptures based on bronze age ignorance. True liberty exist in choice, not your command.

When men (stated as men and women) are allowed free reign to make laws to cover basic animal instincts, we are in a lot of trouble.

So you think rape and theft and murder laws put us in trouble?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I see God advises us of what is good for us and what is not, a God that gave all of us the choice to choose the good offered or face the results if we do not.

Regards Tony
A few of us know that this God person is non-existent.
So we look to our own judgment for pre & pro scriptions.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I see hands down, no doubt at all, that the teachings of a Messenger have been proven to be good education,
It hasn't been proven. Amd it's damning when these "proven teachings" are destructive and damaging.
Its nothing but your personal beliefs. It's not proven. That is for the realm of math.
Laws are in place to protect the weak,
Not really. Many protect large corporations. Many create victims. Some bans create black markets that are dominated by violent cartels. And if you think gambling is bad now, just imagine it when all gamblers have to turn to illegal outlets because your religion banned them. It has nothing to do with "moral character." Such ideas--willpower--have been adequately discarded by psychology as rubbish.
There is no freedom in submission. That is an oxymoron. Freedom and liberty are not gained through dogma and lots of "thou shalt not." Freedom and liberty are "I will."

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Again your scriptures based on bronze age ignorance. True liberty exist in choice, not your command.
I think this one has to be frequently repeated (it is) because the God of Abraham is so repressive that psychological barriers and defenses are needed. Like the swarms of American "patriots" who incessantly yapper about how free we are and how great America is. If these lies weren't told and people were made to accept the crap and abysmal condition of America and the repressive and dogmatic burdens of religion the ensuing chaos would be like Cybermen once the Doctor turns their emotional dampener off.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In my neck of the woods our CEO gets 200k plus, while all the workers on around 50k struggle to get any payrise.

The biggest issue is a percentage payrise, which is the way it has been done for decades here. The higher wage earners always get the greater benefit and over time it only gets worse.

Regards Tony