1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

7 year old boy drowns at Kent Hovinds park.

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by Twilight Hue, May 29, 2020.

1. Twilight Hue

Twilight Hue The gentle embrace of twilight has become my guide

Ratings:
    +11,722
    Religion:
    Philosophical Buddhism
    It's the first I've heard of it and thought what a terrible tragedy, I kind of thought Kent Hovind's response would have been rather somber followed by reassurances that he would be doing everything he can to prevent another incident like this happening again. But nope.

As it turns out his response was a tragedy all in itself.

Creationist: Yes, a Boy Drowned at My Park, But His Siblings “Had a Blast Here”

I find the whole thing to be too bizarre to comprehend and the Hovind clan has got to be one of the most bizarre families I've ever come across.

• Informative Informative x 5
  2. Valjean

Valjean Veteran Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +11,590
    Religion:
    Vedanta (reform)
    He seems single-mindedly obsessed with promoting his park and the Christian faith, to the exclusion of ordinary compassion and christian charity.

• Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Sunstone

Sunstone De Diablo Del Fora
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +34,024
    Religion:
    Non-Theistic Mysticism
    I can't imagine the grief a parent feels when they lose their child.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf Rival's Wife

Ratings:
    +23,373
    Religion:
    God is in the Rain
    And to add the insult to injury, say the childs siblings had a blast. Ive met psychopaths with more empathy.:facepalm:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Sunstone

Sunstone De Diablo Del Fora
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +34,024
    Religion:
    Non-Theistic Mysticism
    Why do you think Hovind is not a psychopath? Are you familiar with his career?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. TagliatelliMonster

TagliatelliMonster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,899
    Religion:
    Atheist
    Definatly a psychopath. Considering what his ex has to say about him and everything else, I don't see how one could conclude otherwise.

Some "apologists" like to spread the nonsense that without belief in god, one could just go around raping and killing people.
    In the case of Kent Hovind, that might just be true. Eventhough his religious beliefs didn't really stop him from being a tyranical abusing husband and frauding taxes with no sense of guilt or remorse at all.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Hellbound Serpiente

Ratings:
    +314
    Religion:
    None
    This reminds me of a lecture Zakir Naik was giving. They were talking about the tragedy of 9/11 and starting boasting about how much Islam spread after the events of 9/11. Just what the damn hell ... just because your agenda is getting forward, you would overlook such a horrible tragedy?

8. Nimos

Nimos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +981
    Agree, he have been spreading wrong informations for such a long time, its a wonder believers haven't called him out on it yet. He is a person, I would call a con artist, he is clearly not interested in learning or correcting his many mistakes, but instead just keeps repeating them as if they were true.

#8 Nimos, May 29, 2020
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
  9. Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf Rival's Wife

Ratings:
    +23,373
    Religion:
    God is in the Rain
    Because many psychopaths would generally have better sense than "yes, your kid died. But his siings had a blast!" Hovind is worse.

10. Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf Rival's Wife

Ratings:
    +23,373
    Religion:
    God is in the Rain
    Like Hovind, that is a True Believer. Empathy doesn't matter amd you can do no wrong when god is on your side. For obvious reasons, their mentality amd behaviors are often toxuc and destructive to them and everyone around them.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wandering Monk

Wandering Monk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,604
    Religion:
    agnostic
    The same ones who say 'old people were gonna die anyway. Who cares about Covid!'

• Winner Winner x 1