1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

7 players stand out of gay pride game

Discussion in 'General Debates' started by lewisnotmiller, Jul 27, 2022.

1. SkepticThinker

SkepticThinker Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +9,004
    How do they know what "acts" gay people are doing? And why do you care? Do people not realize they are the same "acts" that straight people are doing?

Oh okay. So it's the actions they carry out as an extension of part of who they are as a person that you take issue with. Totally different. :rolleyes:
    The very same actions that heterosexual people commonly carry out, but they aren't viewed in the same light as gay people, now are they? I mean, I don't see a lot of people calling out heterosexuals here.

Bigotry derived from Biblical texts is still bigotry.

2. Brian2

Brian2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,362
    Religion:
    Christian
    How do you think they should have handled it?

3. Brian2

Brian2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,362
    Religion:
    Christian
    I understand that it's a bad look for the church but who knows, society might settle down in time with the name calling etc and come to see the reality of what the Bible teaches.
    Really it is everyone that is called to Jesus and repentance and certainly being born with inclinations in a certain direction which God says is not His way (as we all have) is a challenge for everyone and not just gays.
    I suppose the thing about the Biblical message about sexual issues is that it can be harder to see how these things can have a bad effect on society, so why bother sticking to them.

Yes and the minority does manage to rule over the majority even in democracies, and that would be because Christians do vote in favour of changes to decrease Christians imposing their values.
    Then unfortunately it seems that, because of the hateful Christians, that the fight has been against Christians and Christianity even when it is Christianity that managed to get things over line. (eg Gay marriage etc).

The Biblical message is nothing more than that homosexual acts are not approved of by God.
    No doubt that is homophobic to some but that is a wrong understanding of homophobia.
    The Biblical message also is that we are all sinners in many ways and God does not want any sin and God can lead us away from it if we turn to Him.
    It is hypocrisy for Christians to condemn gays really, but not to preach the gospel message.

The gospel is not gay centred of course and is not abortion centred even if some people want to make Christianity gay and abortion centred and some Christians keep wanting to promote that view, a Christianity that is full of rules against certain things, but the real Christianity is full of love for people and a Christian's life is something that God is in charge of changing if and when He sees appropriate.
    Meet Brigid, the Irish Goddess Who Became a Saint, a Lesbian Icon, and a Voodoo Loa

4. Brian2

Brian2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,362
    Religion:
    Christian
    You are probably right

5. Brian2

Brian2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,362
    Religion:
    Christian
    Seriously, you have no idea what I might be referring to?
    But it is not me who cares it is between a Christian and God.

People can always say "That's who I am" with anything they do, and then claim that a God has no right to say what I feel like doing is wrong. It is God after all who made me as I am."
    All Christians can have a version of that in their own lives also even if they are not homosexual.

Westboro church bigotry is really a denial of the Biblical teaching imo.

6. Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf Student People Stabber

Ratings:
    +38,063
    Religion:
    God is in the Rain
    Then what of a business owner who bans homosexuals for religious beliefs?
    What if this same business doesn't even think about those who have married more than once? What if this business owner welcomes a fornicator while wearing mixed threads and while working during the Sabbath?

7. Brian2

Brian2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,362
    Religion:
    Christian
    I don't know what wearing mixed threads and the Sabbath have to do with it (unless there is Judaism involved in it) but the others sound like hypocrisy and bigotry and against Biblical principles.
    Sometimes there are fine lines to be drawn however on the rights of the customers versus the rights of the business owner.
    Has a cake maker the right to refuse to make a cake for a gay wedding?
    Should an airline ban to sell a ticket to someone who has made known their negative opinion on gay marriage in public? (The airline CEO is gay.)
    These are the sort of interesting things that the law has to deal with. I don't know how they decide whose rights to preserve in any given situation. All I can do is offer an opinion.
    Cancel culture generally is not a good thing imo or we should say that the Taliban destroying ancient religious sites is a good thing.

8. Shadow Wolf

Ratings:
    +38,063
    Religion:
    God is in the Rain
    That's just it. They scream, cry, wail and gnash their teeth over gays but don't give a single damn about other sins like being married more than once. That's the point. They don't give a damn about what their religion teaches and are only puking up the garbage their preacher has been filling them with.

9. Mister Emu

Mister Emu Emu Extraordinaire
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,619
    Religion:
    Christian
    Only in authoritarian minds is a refusal to acclaim equatable to disparagement.

10. 9-10ths_Penguin

9-10ths_Penguin 1/10 Subway Stalinist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +23,590
    Religion:
    None (atheist)
    You don't see the difference between basic respect and "acclaim"? Interesting.

11. Mister Emu

Mister Emu Emu Extraordinaire
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,619
    Religion:
    Christian
    It seems you are suggesting wearing someone's flag of pride is equatable with "basic respect", is that accurate?

Or, to the point, do you believe you can see something as wrong, improper, or impure, or something that should not be promoted and still offer "basic respect" to the people who are associated with that thing? Or is endorsement a necessary part of respect.

12. Aštra’el

Aštra’el Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth

Ratings:
    +1,558
    Religion:
    Or, their religion/ spirituality is intertwined with their culture, and it grows and evolves through them… and they simply do not wish to welcome and embrace woke leftist propaganda and lifestyles into their own spiritual/ religious/ cultural circles and Weltanschauung.

13. Shadow Wolf

Ratings:
    +38,063
    Religion:
    God is in the Rain
    Yeah, that's why Nietzsche proclaim god is dead. We're so far removed from Christianity that today we have shell that is an utter farcical reconstructed religion that itself is a reconstruction of a reconstruction. It hasn't been about what Jehovah or Jesus taught since the establishment of the Vatican and the Catholic Church. That was basically the attack that began a terminal series of being gutted and turned into a skin suit. And history does indeed show the the Church is very much prone to being caught up in the time of the World even though their Messiah told them not to be caught up in the world.

14. Aštra’el

Aštra’el Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth

Ratings:
    +1,558
    Religion:
    So you do not understand that spiritual-religious systems evolve from culture to culture and from person to person. You do not understand that people today may find great lessons in holy books of the past- and embrace them how they Will- to find meaning in their lives, enhance their culture and Weltanschauung, here and now, and still find ways to connect with their God(s)… whether it is on an ancient road with strong ties to the past and tradition, an emerging path more inclined towards change and exploration, or some combination of these things.

Humanity’s connection to God(s) remains strong. You may not approve of our methods… but your approval is not something we require.

15. Shadow Wolf

Ratings:
    +38,063
    Religion:
    God is in the Rain
    I'm laughing them because they are judging others and being poor Christians.
    And I know of very few who do the things he said to do.