• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

7-11 Day is cancelled this year - no free Slurpees

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, this just ruins my whole weekend.

7-Eleven Day is canceled this year, meaning no free Slurpees - CNN

(CNN)It's a sad day for Slurpee lovers everywhere.

The convenience retailer has celebrated July 11 (7/11) every summer since 2002 as 7-Eleven Day, with free Slurpees for all who visited one of the stores. But it's been canceled this year. And, yes, you can blame it on the pandemic.

Instead, 7-Eleven said it would celebrate its birthday by donating one million meals to Feeding America, a national nonprofit.

"At 7‑Eleven, our top priority is the safety of customers, Franchisees and employees," 7‑Eleven Senior Vice President Marissa Jarratt said in a statement.

It's probably just as well, though. At the 7-11 I go to, they stopped allowing refills. I saw someone get chased out of there the other day for not wearing a mask (required by local ordinance). There's a lot of scuzzy people going in there all the time. One time someone tried to walk out with a bottle of orange juice without paying. The clerk stopped him and the guy got mad and broke the window.

There's no telling what might happen if people can't get their free Slurpees.

At least they have good coffee.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm so far out of it that I did not know about this tradition until today. But I don't find colored sugar water to be very attractive.