• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

6billion will die

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Thief here...
When I was so much younger, the teacher came into the room and made the announcement....3billion people live on this Earth.
Forty years later...6billion live on this planet.
If I live to be as old as my grandfather did...100 years....I will live long enough to share this life with 12billion people.

During this same stretch of time...6billion people will die. The average life span is 80 years..give or take a few for territory.

Religion is supposed to help us into the next life.
What do you expect to see?

I strongly anticipate...6billion people screaming...as the next life will prove to be something... their religion did not prepare them for.

SilvaMo0n

I bite!

Twelve billion is a huge number (twelve followed by nine zeros!). And with that many people living on this earth there will be famine, epidemic(s), people would die left and right. I don't know if I could take it. Just look at the earth now, there's plenty of pollution and diseases. Try multiplying it by two! :run:

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Twelve billion is a huge number (twelve followed by nine zeros!). And with that many people living on this earth there will be famine, epidemic(s), people would die left and right. I don't know if I could take it. Just look at the earth now, there's plenty of pollution and diseases. Try multiplying it by two! :run:
I seriously doubt that this planet could support any where close to 12 billion people.

Daemon Sophic

Thief here...
.......snip......

I strongly anticipate...6billion people screaming...as the next life will prove to be something... their religion did not prepare them for.

Hi Thief,

I'm not sure I follow your line of thought.
--- Are you saying that all religions in general are too concerned thinking about a mystical afterlife, rather than focusing on getting by together on this one rock in space?
--- Or that your own religion (you didn't elucidate) is the only correct one, and that the (soon to die) 6 billion that don't believe as you do will suffer eternal torment (screaming) in the afterlife?
--- Or are you just getting people's opinions about overpopulation and birth control issues? :confused:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Why worry about it? No one has ever been able to change anything by worrying. Heck, even Jesus told people not to worry- that you cannot change a black hair to white. ;)

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
If there were an afterlife of some sort, imagine how crowded it would be... with everyone who had ever lived there... At least on this world some people die to make room for new people. What if no one died and there were just more and more people born... The afterlife is going to be like a party everyone is invited to. A really cool party, but so many people that it won't even be fun...

rojse

RF Addict
I seriously doubt that this planet could support any where close to 12 billion people.

The earth can't even support six billion as it is right now. We need new farming and food technologies, and to dedicate more of our land to farming, to even consider such a population.

Either that or we go to more sustainable food - a fish and vegetarian diet, no herbivores such as cows or sheep. All entail large lifestyle changes.

rojse

RF Addict
If there were an afterlife of some sort, imagine how crowded it would be... with everyone who had ever lived there... At least on this world some people die to make room for new people. What if no one died and there were just more and more people born... The afterlife is going to be like a party everyone is invited to. A really cool party, but so many people that it won't even be fun...

But the point of a good party is that the people you do not like are not there.

Dezzie

Maybe people should stop having babies for a little while... Maybe we should follow through with abstinence.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Thief here...Okay now...Let's all get on the same page.
As per post #1......

The death rate is not keeping pace with the birth rate.
Even so...the average life span is 80 years.
Therefore...6billion people will die within my lifetime.

I expect to see all of the varieties of souls....all of them...screaming and yelling for whatever they need.
Some want to see their relatives gone before them.
Some will expect the angels.
Some will expect their prophets.
Some expect God.

How about you?

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
As per post #1......

I expect to see all of the varieties of souls....all of them...screaming and yelling for whatever they need.
Some expect God.

How about you?

War!

Any sustainability expert will tell you that we're outstripping our ability to sustain our fertile land. As demand grows, crop rotation becomes less important. Salinisation is the enemy. The problem is 99% of the population is too stupid to recognise how concerning this is.

I wish i could destroy every person who responded to this with, "well im ok now, nothing is wrong we're going to be fine." Its not going to be fine. Growing crops is going to become a problem. Look at Zimbabwe and Mozambique, the bread basket of Africa is in trouble. With white farmers gone, its hard to see farming output ever reaching the same level.

I could post a novel on this topic. Its easier just to say we're completely screwed though :)

Luke

As per post #1......

Some expect God.

How about you?

i will b e clear to attain the universe

themadhair

Technology is what will be needed to sustain such large numbers. Technology depends on having the research resources and the research people. The people seem to be getting taught junk science a lot of the time although the resources looks to be there.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
The earth can't even support six billion as it is right now. We need new farming and food technologies, and to dedicate more of our land to farming, to even consider such a population.

Either that or we go to more sustainable food - a fish and vegetarian diet, no herbivores such as cows or sheep. All entail large lifestyle changes.
So in short...
We're screwed...

As per post #1......

You forget...natural disasters, unnatural disasters, war, famine, etc.

Yes, I can see where most egotists would think as such.
And lets face it, theists are, for the most part, egotists.

Some expect God.
Some just don't give a rat's behind.
Though I bet most will be disappointed that the afterlife they spent their lives creating does not exist...

How about you?
I am in the don't give a crap category.

r3320ca

Earth will support 12 billion people and much more, With time comes inventive ways to meet our needs. This is the reason God/Creator has given us intelligence and free will, already we are very close to making what you see possible on star trek, with warp drive technology reaching distant worlds true. With the reproduction of the big bang recreated here on earth is just 1 of the many steps human life will make to ensure sustainable life here or els where. With this new insight and data we will be able to see things from a different light and understanding thus giving birth to new ideas as time rolls on.

As far as the after life goes, this spiritual realm has no walls and is not a cage. to best describe it would be a conscious that oversees everything much the same as your own body and thoughts a place time has no meaning so therefor is important u do well in this life so u not pass to the next with regret, fear and hate. because this will become a repeating manifestation for all time without end. Jesus has set down the laws in the 10 commandments as a prerequisite to the afterlife into his and our heavenly kingdom.

hope this will help.

logician

"Jesus has set down the laws in the 10 commandments "

I thought the supposed Moses did this, not the supposed Jesus.

In any case, no god has anything to do with the carnage we have created for the rest of life on earth, i.e. we are killling off other species at an alarming rate, decreasing bioversity to a dangerously low level. At this rate, we'll kill most of the rest of life (except bacteria and other small life forms), and then do ourselves in. What happens after that is anybody's guess.

S-word

Maybe people should stop having babies for a little while... Maybe we should follow through with abstinence.

Perhaps this is why mother nature has given so many men and women the desire to lust after the flesh of their own gender in order that they do not reproduce and those genetic lines which obviously are expendable as far as mother nature is concerned, do not continue on in the eternal evolution of the Life that was in the beginning, and have no inheritance in the end result of this period of universal activity.

Last edited: